Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What does "sorry sunshine" mean.

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was in a shop the other day. Had spoken to this girl before, sometimes flirted with her, today I was asking if they had a particular item that they haven't had in there for a few weeks.

This girl goes into the back to look for what I want and comes out and says sorry "sunshine" we don't have any.

I looked this up on urban dictionary and it says two things, sunshine means a title of someone you like and find attractive OR sunshine is a term for someone that appears openly homosexual.

I can't tell if this women just complemented me or insulted me.

As for overall opinion of this women, she is a bit strange, She is one of these women that I can never read, sometimes it seems she is the nicest person around and other times she is upset about the smallest thing. I wouldn't put it past her to try and insult me or anyone else if she could. You know, for the lols.

Maybe she sees me as not confident in her eyes and she likes to rub it in, or she was trying to be nice to me. I do have a confidence issue where I can act confident on the outside but inside I believe that women are not attracted to me and are trying to insult me.

Anyone else here have women call them "sunshine" and know what it means? Could it be considered an insult?

Thanks for any help.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes men or women simply have their own personal little phrases they use for various things.

She may simply be a goofy chick, an eccentric chick, or a tough grizzled biker chick and with one of these off the wall personality types can come off the wall phrases that don't necessarily equate to disrespect or thinking of you as a homosexual.

So if your gut instinct can't read what the girl's intentions were towards you with a comment personally I'd just ignore it and shake my head.

That is unless some best friend of her's told me something like "oh my gawd she just insulted you sooo bad!" :p

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
It means the same thing as:
Sorry you
Sorry dude
Sorry mate
Sorry buddy
Sorry fella
Sorry love
Sorry doll
Sorry mister
Sorry honey
Etc.

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jhcl4000 said:
Wow, you are REALLY over-analyzing a little word.
Yes, I do tend to do that a lot. I know it's not good.

Thanks to everyone else for the input. I'm just going to forget about this.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Canadian Catnip said:
Yes, I do tend to do that a lot. I know it's not good.

Thanks to everyone else for the input. I'm just going to forget about this.
You're a wise man!

Now please remember to stop stressing because it shows insecurity. You also could have made a move. Assume she is attracted. Make the ho say no. Only when that happens you have lost.

Don't be afraid of your own testosterone.

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow and I thought women over-analyzed everything...

Dumbest thread ever.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"sunshine" and know what it means?
English isn't your first language I take it.

It's just a way to be cute with you. It's a good thing.

Go out and socialize more often with English speakers and you'll get used to all of this.

SLY

Don Juan
Reaction score
It might not mean anything. Sometimes women may address me as "sweetie, dear, hun, etc..." but the fact is it's just their normal way of addressing me or everybody for that matter.

ThatMysteriousGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
Not necessarily. Certain words matter, like if a girl says sweetie you're screwed.
No.

I date a girl on and off who calls me "sweetie" all of the time. Of course, she calls every guy sweetie because she's a waitress. It has no meaning, it's just tacked onto sentences now and then.

Don't analyze what a woman says word for word. It's what she does as well as the general themes and subjects she keeps circling around that are important.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
ThatMysteriousGuy said:
No.

I date a girl on and off who calls me "sweetie" all of the time. Of course, she calls every guy sweetie because she's a waitress. It has no meaning, it's just tacked onto sentences now and then.

Don't analyze what a woman says word for word. It's what she does as well as the general themes and subjects she keeps circling around that are important.
Sometimes a girl will use terms of endearment for everybody they meet. Or they're naturally flirty.

The more you overanalyze this simple saying is the more your insecurity shows.