Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What does it mean when she keeps mentioning her ex?

Marko

Reaction score
I took out this girl for our first encounter (as opposed to date, since at this point we're really just friends) last night; went to a hockey game, not because either of us like hockey but because we have a brand new arena that neither of us has seen and she was excited to check it out. I've been talking to her at school for a few months now and once in the past she mentioned her ex boyfriends in some passing comment. Yesterday though she must have mentioned past boyfriends four or five times.

Every time she did it was like she was making an effort to point something out to me that I'm just too dense to get. For example we were talking about Christmas trees since we'd both put ours up in the last week and commented that her last boyfriend and her used to exchange ornaments every year. Later during the game we bumped into a friend of hers and she said "X and I get together and mope because we both got dumped." We talked about work (she works in a clothing store) and she said her past boyfriends have always been bothered by how much she spends on clothes. There were a few others but you get the point.

Is she trying to point out that she's currently single and we can be more than friends? Was she testing how I'd react to her having been with other guys? Was she saying "I'm a popular girl, you're going to have to work for me"? I don't know how to interpret this. Thanks for helping a reforming AFC.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple, she's not over him. Don't expect much relationship wise when you're the rebound guy. You'll need a strong back to carry her baggage.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
De-Attach yourself...you can do it!

next become FWB...even listen to some of her **** for a couple short phone calls..but dont listen to her for hours..you will get one-I-TIS!

as long as you get to **** her..then id deal with it.

but if you want more then NEXT her..no one talks about there past when the future is so bright with you!

good luck

Marko

Reaction score
Good call guys - I told you I was dense, I never even thought about her not being over him.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've dated a girl that was like and know a girl that was like this.

Going to repeat what other guys said but this girl doesn't know how to control her baggage. She could also be testing your reaction by blabbering about her exes. If you're normal you don't like her talking about her exes. It's not an issue of feeling secure or anything, it's a matter of respect cause you're going to involve feelings with her if you want a relationship.

The next time she brings up her ex, purposely talk about your ex in a similar situation or close to it. Then tell her that it's best to not talk about ex boyfriends/girlfriends.

She should respect this.