Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you train for?

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned, there are several reasons to train. One is to be athletic and preform well at sports. Often times, excersises for sports like football and hockey have spacific excersises. I have seen football players do extremly strange types of cleans, which almost incorperate a squat motion into them after the clean ( it doesnt makes sense to me, I dont play football)

Another is bodybuilding. Poeple may think they are the same, but the more i train, the more I realize that the two are different. As far as I know, bodybuilders dont nessisarly do full range of motion on some excersises. I see people doing quarter range bicep curls or something. alot of guys I see at the gym who just have the beach look, do not even train their legs at all.

I guess my question to all of you is which do you fall under; bodybuilding or athletic preformance?

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fall under the following catagory:

Aiming to be the strongest I can be pound for pound,
Look good for myself,
Increase explosiveness,
Feel great.

IE neither of those two

I really dont define my training, I just enjoy it. I'm not aiming to increase my performance in a certain sport, I'm not aiming to look more ripped/bulked than the next guy out there. The fact that my performance and size has increased amazingly well is a by-product of my enjoyment :)

Playastyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm training for explosiveness too. I'm trying to put on as much strength/speed as possible, and as little mass as I can. I'm only 5'7''-5'8'' and I weigh 160. I bench 200lbs(not bad), squat 260(not horrible, but should be higher). I haven't deadlifted recently so I have no idea what my max on that is. I prefer to do squats since I'm trying to put a lot of inches on my vertical leap, which is 25in, 32in when running(ugh...thats way too low). I will most likely go back to doing deadlifts just for change.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I train to be more athletic for my sports. Stronger in the ring (boxing) and stronger on the golf course (I have found by lifting weights I have increased my distance on each club by about 20 metres for those who know anything about golf).

I also do it because it makes me feel good (as we all know it releases endorphines into our brains, makes us happy, which in turn increases your immune system).

Also to keep in shape.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sheer vanity, if I'm being honest. I just want to look good.

However, since I have started working out, I've noticed a lot of changes in myself. It definitely increases testosterone and I'm starting to feel a lot more masculine. I'm feeling more confident too. My mind is more alert. And it is also giving me something to focus on, a goal to work towards and a sense of optimism for the future.

McEwan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I train to stay fit and trim and to look good, but mostly it's for my job, as it involves a lot of running and scaling obstacles.

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
I train for myself. Looking good makes me feel better about myself. I also train to keep as much strength and speed as possible, I didn't work my ass off for four years in track to get fat now that I'm in college.

Devilman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I Train firstly to become stronger and more powerful, it's one more reason to get up in the morning and makes me feel good. After these reasons i'd say i also wanna look good, and maybe impress some chicks with a good body aswell.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I train mainly because it's a routine and I enjoy it... In the past though I trained to be more powerful and to attract women. I don't tend to show girls my body cause I'd prefer them to be attracted to my face and personality (I know that seems strange).

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I train to gain strength for boxing. Looks don't matter that much to me. When I get in the ring, I want to be in the best shape possible and have all the advantage over my opponent.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. to look good (if i still looked like i did last year (135lbs), i'd have no self-respect, people would walk all over me and i'd end up with the deformed women)
2. to feel good (immunity increased; more testosterone; more energy; that feeling you get the day after training a large muscle is brilliant in a weird kinda way)
3. to have confidence in myself and my abilities - if i can produce physical success, i can be successful in anything i want
4. to remain the biggest hitter in the golf club. it's funny cuz those guys treat long driving as a penis measuring competition

good idea for a post hockey

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gav
1. to look good (if i still looked like i did last year (135lbs), i'd have no self-respect, people would walk all over me and i'd end up with the deformed women)
2. to feel good (immunity increased; more testosterone; more energy; that feeling you get the day after training a large muscle is brilliant in a weird kinda way)
3. to have confidence in myself and my abilities - if i can produce physical success, i can be successful in anything i want
4. to remain the biggest hitter in the golf club. it's funny cuz those guys treat long driving as a penis measuring competition

good idea for a post hockey
thanks, it was an idea that dawned on me when I really started noticing athletes training and body builders training. I am sure most of you notice this too, but there is a clear distinction between the two, especially in their actual excersises.