Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you max out at?

Matlm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. What do you max out at for bench pressing
2. What is the circumference of your biceps
3. Are you on creatine.

1. 190
2. 12 Inches exactly
3. Yes

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matlm
1. What do you max out at for bench pressing
2. What is the circumference of your biceps
3. Are you on creatine.
1- 325
2- about 16 inches (assuming you mean relaxed) or about 17.5 (flexed)
3- no

Matlm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, I ment flexed. Dude you are freaking HUGE! are you a bodybuilder?

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. I havent maxed out in a long while but I do 7 reps with 112,5 kgs (= 237,5 lbs). How much would i max out at approximately?
(Ive heared you can do about 6-8 reps with 75-80% of your max-rep-weight?)

2. 16 (flexed)

3. yes, right now I am but actually I can still do as many reps with the same weight if I get off the creatine nad never saw any instant gains in strength when I started using it (though from my experience I can tell it helps me gain strength faster...) sounds a bit contradicting i guess lol

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Don't max. However, I'm at 190lbsx4. Goal is 225lbsx4 by Mid May.

2. The circumfrence of my upper arm (since I can't give you a bicep measurement :p), is 14.75-15 inches.

3. No, I only take whey powder (Well I don't anymore but I'm going to get back into it), flaxseed oil, glutamine sometimes, multivitimens and vitimens.

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys benching 180+ with sub 13 arms must have big chests. My arm flexed is 15 and I maxed out at 225.

5'9
225 bench / 405 dl / 315 squat
15inch arm / calf / neck

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
Everyone's on creatine technically, since you get it from eating meat.
And for ectomorph, about 1 gram of creatine gets created in your stomach everyday.

bogman2121

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metaphor
You guys benching 180+ with sub 13 arms must have big chests. My arm flexed is 15 and I maxed out at 225.

5'9
225 bench / 405 dl / 315 squat
15inch arm / calf / neck
just because you aren't big doesnt mean you can't be strong. freshman year a kid i know was about 5'8" 145 and he benched 225 and he really wasn't that big. then there are also those lighter wrestlers that are strong as hell but dont exactally look the part.

Matlm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. I am on creatine, that must be it.

I am kinda smallish. I weigh only 165. My arms are only 12 inches, incredibly small! (one of the reasons I have started working out).

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bogman2121
just because you aren't big doesnt mean you can't be strong. freshman year a kid i know was about 5'8" 145 and he benched 225 and he really wasn't that big. then there are also those lighter wrestlers that are strong as hell but dont exactally look the part.

Uhm...no ****..but there is certainly a positive correlation between size and strength. I was making a blanket statement because I haven't seen any of the people in person, but nine times out of ten someone that can bench 200+ has bigger than 13 inch arms.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhm...no ****..but there is certainly a positive correlation between size and strength. I was making a blanket statement because I haven't seen any of the people in person, but nine times out of ten someone that can bench 200+ has bigger than 13 inch arms.
I agree...you can influence the ratio of strength / mass by lifting with extremely few reps (1-3) instead of going for mass (and strength) with 4-8 reps or so, but it doesnt influence it by THAT much. Some ppl say stuff like powerlifters train that way and lots of powerlifters bench twice of what a bodybuilder benches (whos twice their size also lol), but I think the difference is definetly not that big. Here in germany one of the top-bodybuilders once became german bench press champion. I guess that says it all.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by R3N3GAD3
1. Don't max. However, I'm at 190lbsx4. Goal is 225lbsx4 by Mid May.

2. The circumfrence of my upper arm (since I can't give you a bicep measurement :p), is 14.75-15 inches.

3. No, I only take whey powder (Well I don't anymore but I'm going to get back into it), flaxseed oil, glutamine sometimes, multivitimens and vitimens.

If you are 14 I am impressed with your bench.

I recently put up over 300 again after struggling with a few injuries that stopped me pushing things. Hopefully that will continue and I might be able to get back to about 350 although I won't take any chances and let my ego run away with me.

I prefer to use the squat as a guage of my strength. Have touched on 500 before. No chance of that now although I am slowly getting it back.

Age fellas! You'd be amazed how careful you have to be with heavy training when you get to late 20s/early 30s as opposed to early 20s when it seems you can get away with anything.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: What do you max out at?

Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
who cares
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Most average guys could bench 300+ with correct training and I would expect such a guy's upper arm to be in the 16-17 inch region.

Note: That was a response to Workerouters original doubt (which he deleted) as to whether Abnigh9 could bench 325 with 16 inch guns.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you max out at?

Originally posted by Templeton
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Most average guys could bench 300+ with correct training and I would expect such a guy's upper arm to be in the 16-17 inch region.

Note: That was a response to Workerouters original doubt (which he deleted) as to whether Abnigh9 could bench 325 with 16 inch guns.
yeah, but then i replaced it with "who cares" because the truth is, noone does!