what do you do when your text is ignored?

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I met this chick, went on a date a few days ago, it seemed ok, we kissed at the end and she seemed to like it.

I have to add that this chick barely logs in facebook, does not use whatsapp (here everybody uses it) and has told me that she doesnt like technology that much. Besides, the first texts I sent her before we met she took around 15 hours to reply: I sent it in the morning and she replied at night. She studies medicine but...

Yesterday I texted her asking her out for today or wednesday and she has not replied.

Im not planing on texting her again but....what do you usually do in a situation like this?

Comatozed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave it a few days and then call her. If she answers ask her out, if she doesn't, NEXT.

I don't think there's much to lose by one follow up phone call. It's unlikely she accepts the date proposal but not impossible.

Don't pursue any further, however.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can either ignore her or just text her two or three days later and say "I'm guessing that's a no then". After that, just leave it be. This way in the highly improbably off chance that she just didn't get the text message for whatever reason, you don't come off as butthurt or accusing. If she doesn't reply to that one too, you can peacefully move on.

WrEcKLeSS2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. I'm planning on texting this girl tonight for a date sometime this week. If she doesn't reply or replies with an excuse, I'm nexting her. She's average looking at best definitely not worth much to me but for experience I'll go out with her if she responds in the positive.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pyros, EXACTLY how did you word the invitation?

bcollarmechanic

Don Juan
Reaction score
wait a week then text her again, something witty and funny, text her you saw or heard something that made you think of her or the date you had with her

if she doesnt answer then delete her number and next

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly this looks like a thread a woman would start. Her not responding to your text shouldn't affect you - let the woman obsess over you.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
Pyros, EXACTLY how did you word the invitation?

I just said:

me: "hey HB, how was your weekend? I just went to X place and it is pretty cool! We should go either tomorrow or thursday to X place cause they have excellent snacks."

I dont think the problem is what I said. She is just not interested for whatever reason, one among 100 possible reasons.

And I'm not gonna contact her anymore unless she initiates it. I've had a few girls in the past that either flaked on me or ignored my text. I used the strategy of waiting a week and then reinitiated contact and it was useless, so not gonna do it ever again.

If they ignore you/flake and do not seem interested in meeting you again, it is just pointless to ask them out again. They just dont want to see you for whatever reason you wont ever know.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol she dosent like technology thats the best one I've heard in a while

how the fvck you ment to get hold of her :cry:

low interest and seems to think an awful lot of herself

i wouldn't waste another text

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't know her to well, and just asked her out first time you should move on. No interest and a big waste.

If you dated already and know her, you can double text her after a couple of hours or even the next day and be more persistant.

In your situation wait a couple of days. No reaction even after the suggested days to go out? Ring her instead of texting, mention that you texted her, don't be mad or anything about it just let her apologize and suggest another day to meet up.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheGambino said:
If you don't know her to well, and just asked her out first time you should move on. No interest and a big waste.

If you dated already and know her, you can double text her after a couple of hours or even the next day and be more persistant.

I went on one date with her, kissed her at the end, and she seemed to enjoy it.

Why should I text her again? she received my facebook message, it says it's been read on Sunday at 22:00. (I message her on fb cause its for free and she suggested it).

If she has not replied is because she has some trouble going on or she is not interested.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably not interested in that case bro and she might want to find out how much you like her by ignoring you and seeing what youre going to do.

I wouldn't do anything and wait for at least a week then ring her man. Because she ignored your text you should ring her and see how interested she really is but wait at least a week before you call. If she comes up with excuses or doesn't pick up her phone you should delete her number and move on for good.

The best thing is probably to move on already and focus on new girls, she could reach out to you later, just don't come of desperate/needy by overtexting her or anything like that.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
It's another sign of low interest.

Anything other than a yes with actions to back it up, is a no.

Just ignore it, accept that you lost and move on.

Case closed.

Lostinlove

Banned
Reaction score
pyros said:
So I met this chick, went on a date a few days ago, it seemed ok, we kissed at the end and she seemed to like it.

I have to add that this chick barely logs in facebook, does not use whatsapp (here everybody uses it) and has told me that she doesnt like technology that much. Besides, the first texts I sent her before we met she took around 15 hours to reply: I sent it in the morning and she replied at night. She studies medicine but...

Yesterday I texted her asking her out for today or wednesday and she has not replied.

Im not planing on texting her again but....what do you usually do in a situation like this?
What do you do? You realize others have their own lives and so should you. Don't sweat it. She may be busy, could be anything. Change of heart anything. Don't chase.

If she's interested and didn't forget she may hit you up in the future. Do you drop everything as soon as a girl let alone every friend or person you know hits you up every time ASAP? If you do that for girls then you need a life that doesn't revolve around the need for girls approval.

Talk to other girls. Do things for yourself to improve yourself for yourself and stop worrying about sh1t you can't control or could have a million reasons why she hasn't texted you back or confirmed.

You could have the perfect responses and techniques in asking girls out but don't account for tons of other things people have going on in life besides convincing yourself she's getting banged by the football team. Relax and live your life.

Same things with friends, family, etc. Everyone even as close as they may be to each other cannot disregard others lives and expect each other to drop everything and automatically reply, confirm and show or else it's NEEEXT!! That's what insecure lunatic control freaks do.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it very weird that she has not replied, not even a : "hey Im busy this week" or any other bullsh-it excuse. I mean, she has replied to all my previous texts etc, so...

It's been two days, so I think I'll send her a sms just saying something like:
me: hi, did you get my fb message?

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Really Bruh?

I don't know what's worse, a muthaf*cker who's been on this site for damn near four years, and doesn't know how to handle this situation or the dudes who took time out of their lives to answer it.

It's bad enough when there's newbies asking dumb ass questions, but guys who have been on here longer than three months asking some asinine bullsh*t simply insulting to a person's intelligence.