Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do women get out of stringing guys along?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like in all honesty, i accept that it happens but i really don't understand it.

I mean people say they get validation or ego boost etc but what I dont get is if she doesn't like the guy/is interested then why do they get that?

It's like if some fat chick liked me, i wouldn't feel better about myself, if any girl i didn't like liked me i wouldn't b a **** about it but i would be straight up. I wouldn't bother having text conversations with them or leading them on because whats the point. it'd be a waste of time

Is this just some women thing that guys dont get

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IME, attractive guys vastly outnumber attractive girls. Because most girls are in the untouchable chubbo-fat range.

Attractive girls don't mind stringing along a half-dozen attractive guys just like we wouldn't mind stringing along a half-dozen 7-8s; they're ****able, they're worth SOME time investment, and could be useful in a pinch.

Its just more obvious to see it in women cuz there's fewer hot women out there; they gain more attention, and there's more guys, so... yeah makes sense to me.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women. Their value declines with age. They want to have as much fun as possible when they're young. Just ask Cyndi Lauper. The whole thing is that women seek validation because they will always be insecure in some way, shape, or form. Think about this. A girl rejecting a guy she has no interest in reinforces her egotistical beliefs. "I have guys lined up wating to see me." "I get compliments all the time." "I can have any guy I want"
Girls really do believe these things. To them, an ego is more important than keeping it real with you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in some cases at least, the girls not interested, but they're just too wishy-washy to flat out reject you, or don't want to deal with the hassle. So they just stall you and hope you go away.

Thundernuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i do hate to repeat what others say but i strongly believe half the time they do it for the attention alone. Women love knowing that guys want them, plus they get the added benefit of getting to pick and choose who will pay for their meal at any given time. I've seen this alot and been victim to it a few times(not in a few years which im proud of) but i strongly believe thats the reason they don't just tell guys flat out they arent interested is because they want multiple guys chasing them at all times.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Infern0 said:

I mean people say they get validation or ego boost etc but what I dont get is if she doesn't like the guy/is interested then why do they get that?

It's like if some fat chick liked me, i wouldn't feel better about myself, if any girl i didn't like liked me i wouldn't b a **** about it but i would be straight up. I wouldn't bother having text conversations with them or leading them on because whats the point. it'd be a waste of time

To women, men are a utility.

There is no downside to having several beta orbiters ready to jump to your aid the minute you snap your fingers. And this is the case when stupid men allow themselves to be teased and lead on.

Once a man knows where he stands with a woman, she loses all her power and he now has the ability to make an educated decision that benefits him. This is not in the woman's best interest.

Therefore, most women will never be completely up front about where you stand with them. They love keeping everything in that mysterious grey area. A man whom is confused and insecure will stay on his toes and continue to be at her beck and call. :yes:

As a general rule.. if you cannot boss a woman around on some level.. then you're her b!tch. The woman should be following your lead and going along with the things you want. She should also be having sex with you regularly. If not.. you're being manipulated.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Infern0 said:

Validation, "friendship" because believe or not women like guys as friends for various reasons including trying to use them for things by leading them on knowing they will never get anything from them, and possibly in case their current guy doesn't work out.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Validation, "friendship" because believe or not women like guys as friends for various reasons including trying to use them for things by leading them on knowing they will never get anything from them, and possibly in case their current guy doesn't work out.
^^Yep. Some she keeps for attention/validation. Some she keeps in case she needs something. Others she keeps on the shelf in case she becomes single. And as PK pointed out, every one of those guys has a choice as to whether or not he wants to play along and serve the purpose that she keeps him in her life for or to be smart and walk away. Way too many guys are willing to be orbiters and this is why girls play these selfish games.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women value attention more than men do. If you don't believe me go on IG

I think also women always need social stuff going on. Guys are ok with alone time but women aren't. That's why they play on their phones 24/7

Reaction score
Sometimes it's narcissism, but other times I think it is just their nature. Women are designed to test a man's strength. If a man is strong he will quickly move on to other women when one is not showing interest.

Women want to be able to feel a mans strength. She may test you just so you have an opportunity to show your strength. When she makes unreasonable demands and you tell her no, often times women will change from an upset mood to a very happy or even sexual mood after you've passed their test an shown your strength.

If you pass their tests and they still aren't interested in at least a first date or another date with you, then you know they're just after the attention and not really interested in you.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's just the way women are. It's part of their nature. They always have to feel like they have options if something goes sideways with their current situation. This goes back 10,000 years when if a woman didn't have a man she was dead. And it was a pretty freaking dangerous world that men had to hunt in.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
This is true also. Women may need men around to help them move, to fix the leaky sink, change their flat tire, and other things they may not be good at. They may need a guy around when they go to certain places so they don't get hit on or intimidated. To a lesser extent, they can always use a guy who will buy them some dinner, go to the movies with them, or tell them they look good. Women lead different lives than we do.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Women need attention the way guys need sex. They also enjoy free dinners.

Remember, attraction is king. You can spend a million dollars but if she's not attracted to you, you won't be satisfied. Also, once they (in their mind) have let you know they are not attracted or interested, if you keep pushing her, she will become very nasty.

Meanwhile, if she is attracted, being generous and spoiling her doesn't hurt.

Having an abundance of women who are attracted and giving them too much space is the key to a happy dating life. You must be willing to walk away forever when one of them doesn't behave the way you want.

Reaction score
bigneil said:
Women need attention the way guys need sex. They also enjoy free dinners.

Remember, attraction is king. You can spend a million dollars but if she's not attracted to you, you won't be satisfied. Also, once they (in their mind) have let you know they are not attracted or interested, if you keep pushing her, she will become very nasty.

Meanwhile, if she is attracted, being generous and spoiling her doesn't hurt.

Having an abundance of women who are attracted and giving them too much space is the key to a happy dating life. You must be willing to walk away forever when one of them doesn't behave the way you want.
Bigneil is right... For many of them attention is even greater that sex. Many do sex for the attention in itself.

Also it is a waste of time attempting to get romantical with one who is not attracted. It will drain your attractiveness to other females and sexual mojo, so so find something else to do, another female.

UnsworthK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally get this. The whole thing of how, a woman will have a good for this, guy for that, guy for the other purpose. One is maybe better in the bedroom, one has more money and buys her $%^&, one might be the emotional tampon.

The question I have is this: When you realise that you are just one of these guys serving one purpose, and you walk away, are they even that bothered? Will they make the effort to chase the guy back or will they just accept that he realised he was being strung along for one thing and find another to replace him?

Reaction score
UnsworthK said:
I totally get this. The whole thing of how, a woman will have a good for this, guy for that, guy for the other purpose. One is maybe better in the bedroom, one has more money and buys her $%^&, one might be the emotional tampon.

The question I have is this: When you realise that you are just one of these guys serving one purpose, and you walk away, are they even that bothered? Will they make the effort to chase the guy back or will they just accept that he realised he was being strung along for one thing and find another to replace him?
All of em don't do this but many do. Especially in the "single game". I call it "subcontracting". See one guy can do all these things, but they feel more powerful being able to call on several.

UnsworthK

Don Juan
Reaction score
DaddyLongShanks said:
All of em don't do this but many do. Especially in the "single game". I call it "subcontracting". See one guy can do all these things, but they feel more powerful being able to call on several.
Such as the independent "power woman" who works in managerial positions.