What did you do better in 2008?

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's an idea: Lets write up a list of what we each did better in 2008. Methods, habits, goals you set and accomplished, etc.

I'll start. I saw women for what they are. Not what I wanted them to be. I didn't allow any $hit tests to phase me. Not this year. That's something new for me. In my past I would try, and try to qualify. Not anymore. SS helped me see the wrong in that.

KC

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2008 I was not at my best.

I had 2 surgeries to fix some physical issues - I could not exercise - I gained some weight - and lost my mental power.

I was not at the top of my game, and I didn't take advantage of some of the situations I had with women.

One women in particular, I let get away with murder.

I now have fully recovered and through physical therapy - back in the gym and slowly gaining fitness.

2009 will be a new chapter - and 2008 will be closed very quickly.

- Positive note for 2008 - my work life was incredible, probably because I could devote more time to work.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This year I took responsibility for myself and my happiness and took that responsibility off of other people. I'm still new at it, but it gets easier. Makes life much smoother when you aren't wondering what other people are thinking about you.

Joined a gym, upgraded my music studio significantly, got out more.

BobMo'

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got out more - took my guitar and performing skills to another level.

I began to better recognize when women were showing interest (but, I let some good opportunities go by.

Mostly,though, I made significant headway chipping away the crust that has built up over many years, revealing my natural chick magnet self.

Planning to get the knob wet more than ever in 2009.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit smoking for 8 months. Started again, after some bullshyt. Im quitting again, for good this time.

I didnt let any chicks play games with me. (Well, I nipped it in the bud very early when they did, anyway. That is a milestone for me.)

My escalation has vastly improved as well. That has always been my weakest point as far as PU.

The lingering bitterness towards my ex, has decreased, though not as much as I'd like. I at least dont talk about her much anymore, which is really good.

I feel I've gotten a little closer to my family too. I've always been kind of distant.

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
armstrong said:
I got rejected by more women than I did in 2007.
At least you tried more.. !!

armstrong

Don Juan
Reaction score
Night Owl said:
At least you tried more.. !!
Yeah but it doesn't have me feeling optimistic for the New Year either. I just moved to a new city where the female to male ratio is crazy. A co-worker made a remark yesterday (not directed at me, just in general). He said, "Man, if you can't get laid in this town then something is wrong with you!" All I could think was that I guess I got problems then.

AaJ321

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had my cake and I ate it to.

I also got rejected more than any other year. combined. which was nice because I met more fun people and got more action. than any other year. combined.

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got more women in 2008 than most previous years combined. That's b/c after being with a hot girl for a year and a half I had more confidence. I started cutting to the chase, and not wasting time on dates, and also stopped accepting rejections, looking at them instead as challenges. If a girl blew me off initially I came back to her later with a different approach. Often the second or third time was the charm.

In 2008 I also explored the sexual underworld of girls who do kinky shlt. It wasn't as satisfying in reality as I thought it would be but it reminded me women don't want to be treated with kid gloves and they all have a dirty inner slut. The other thing I did in 2008 that was good was rejecting the losers. As soon as I saw the red flags I bailed and moved on rather than trying to make a silk purse out of a slut.

On the downside, I spent too much time on women and not enough on work even though work is often more satisfying. I also got suckered by one bltch late in the year, thinking she was really into me and then getting dropped like I suddenly got leprosy. It sucked b/c she waited until after I agreed to see her exclusively and had cut off my other two options. I still think that bltch needs to learn a lesson about proper behavior that her daddy never gave her -- but that is a whole other thread.

Where is the thread for 2009 resolutions and plans?

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thedeparted said:
I got more women in 2008 than most previous years combined. That's b/c after being with a hot girl for a year and a half I had more confidence. I started cutting to the chase, and not wasting time on dates, and also stopped accepting rejections, looking at them instead as challenges. If a girl blew me off initially I came back to her later with a different approach. Often the second or third time was the charm.
I like the above. It is very true to the word.

I didn't learn from my previous year's mistakes: I went with it, moved quickly but then it fizzled away or the things I ignored about women at first became something bigger that I did not like.

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I drastically increased the number of women I dated, and that made all the difference.

I would also add that by the end of 2008 I realized the most important litmus test in whether I wanted to pursue a women any further was whether or not I had fun when I was with her. If I didn't have a great time, then nothing about her could make me invest any more time.