Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What did God do before he created the universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading something the other day that I never thought about before.

"IF" God created the universe what did he do before that?

Assuming the universe is everything, what was his purpose regardless of what form you think of God?

It would seem God's role would have been nothing or insignificant up to that point. Including existing in nothing. Who did he interact with?

Kind of hard to imagine.

Mods delete thread if posters don't behave.

thanks

Reaction score
"God" is a loaded term. Most of us can't help but think of God as some guy up in Heaven, creating stuff and watching over us, blah blah blah...I think that if an all-powerful, omniscient God exists, it (almost typed "he") would exist outside of linear time. Time may be a construct that human beings are stuck with, but our perception of the universe would be no better than an ant's in comparison with an omnipotent being.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Living Legend said:
"God" is a loaded term. Most of us can't help but think of God as some guy up in Heaven, creating stuff and watching over us, blah blah blah...I think that if an all-powerful, omniscient God exists, it (almost typed "he") would exist outside of linear time.
I referred to God as "he" because the bible calls God "he"

Anyway, what did he do outside of "linear time" before the universe was created. I believe science has estimated when the universe began.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
If not God, then what created earth and the other millions of planets and worlds(I'm guessing that aliens are real) that exist?

Im not saying that we all have to subscribe to religion, but the universe did not create itself? I think it impossible not to believe in some sort of over arching force or forces that created the universe...

That was my most PC attempt to broach this topic, so don't make jump through the screen with my glock 19--ok.:trouble:

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

The human mind is too feeble to perceive anything beyond on our present reality, and even THAT is difficult for some people. Given the infiniteness of the universe, and the fact we can't cover the whole thing in any given lifetime, it's egotistical to proclaim there's NO GOD, or some such being of similar importance. If we COULD perceive what God could be or mean, our heads would explode. Literally. And figuratively.

I'm not quite sure why people are so affirmed of the non-existence of ANY being of creation of whatever nature that might be, perhaps it's to feel good about their on precarious position in the infiniteness of life? In any event, SOMETHING of creation created everything, and BEFORE the universe was created...

Someone please explan, what provided the FOUNDATION upon which creation was laid? What gave THINGS their SUBSTANCE and POWER? What gave ENERGY to the blackness of space so that we could even HAVE a big bang? Why is life assumed to have been obvious?

My thinking is there's periods of NON-existence, and there's periods of existence, because to exist means NON-existence also. Not just death. Not sleep time. Non conscious thought time. People avoid my bolded out questions, and can NEVER using a human-mind solve them, so I'm affirmed of something or someone bigger than all of us, whether there is a bigger plan or not. Whether it's heaven, or we've all been relegated to hell.

-------------------------

An analogy I might provide, if you will...

What if you were "born in captivity" much like a baby Lion is born into a Zoo. Perhaps his parents were from the wild of Africa, but this baby Lion is born into a zoo and only cared for by Zoo keepers. His ONLY known reality is this zoo, where food is brought to him, where he's caged in, where everything is set up, and he exerts only a PORTION of his true ability. Would he know of a jungle out there, or would it exist only as a sliver in his mind, as he feels he's capable of SO much more, yet not FULLY using it? Could he figure out about this jungle? And how would such a lion get there?

As humans, we only use the 5 basic senses as if they're the only ones we have. We only PERCEIVE reality as it's broadcast through those senses. Is it possible that we are like the Lion, plucked from our TRUE homes, and unbeknownst to us, our TRUE REALITY or HABITAT lies elsewhere? Would you ever KNOW that this is NOT your home? How would you figure it out? Look at baby puppies, or kittens. They are DOMESTICATED, and come to know one reality, one mode of survival. This adaptation yields much material comforts, but it dulls and atrophies their TRUE skills. The same can be said of man. As his material comforts grow, his inherent skills of survival change, and weaken. He learns to think more, but is strength, agility, and endurance atrophy.

Is it possible that where you are right now isn't where you are? Is it possible reality, the world seen and broadcast around you was like a Tape that began playing the minute you entered the room? Is it possible you were PLUCKED from a true reality, a happy reality, one that FULLY used your potential to the fullest and placed here, either by evil means, or by necessary spiritual means?

A-Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.