Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What can I do with a Marketing Degree?

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My degree is called "Bachelor of Science in Business Administration" with a concentration in Marketing. The framed paper itself doesn't say the marketing part though...

Most jobs offered in "Marketing" I've mostly seen so far are sales jobs.

What else can I do with my degree? Anyone with people skills can be in sales. I'd rather do marketing research, advertising, product development, I'm not good enough with people to live off commissions. There are not many jobs in those though.

I'm new to the whole being graduated from college thing, how strictly do your degrees have to match up with your job? There are lots of financial type jobs in my area, do I need to be a finance major to do them?

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maeisgood said:
My degree is called "Bachelor of Science in Business Administration" with a concentration in Marketing. The framed paper itself doesn't say the marketing part though...

What else can I do with my degree? Anyone with people skills can be in sales. I'd rather do marketing research, advertising, product development, I'm not good enough with people to live off commissions. There are not many jobs in those though.

I'm new to the whole being graduated from college thing, how strictly do your degrees have to match up with your job? There are lots of financial type jobs in my area, do I need to be a finance major to do them?
Do you have any professional experience, internships?

In general I'd probably go after a contract type job (preferably contract to hire), since those seem to be the only kind that are willing to hire recent grads with little experience.

Definitely highlight any applicable experience, I just recently graduated (with a degree in economics), and I got a temp to hire position as an assistant to the project manager at a law department because I had an advanced knowledge of Excel/Access, not because I had a degree in Economics, and I had no legal experience.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used my Marketing degree to get a job in advertising. I'm a writer (copywriter). It's pretty much the exact job I wanted since I was in high school.

But depending on how you feel about the advertising industry, you could probably get yourself a job at an agency. Maybe not as a writer, but definitely as an account executive.

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are quite a few people who have jobs that aren't related to their degree.
It would be a good idea to work on your peoples skills within whatever industry you work in though because it's the people skills that separates you from other hard workers.

Nimikiya

Reaction score
Maeisgood said:

Hi... According to me , Marketing degree is so much in scope as compare to other specializations in business administration... You get good jobs through it. So which difficulties are you facing...!!

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Under the category of marketing, the only thing really offered is sales. I didn't think I was majoring in sales, if I had known that I'd have rather majored in art or something.

All the jobs I see are for some type of accounting/finance, IT, something incredibly specialized which needs specialized training, or sales. I feel like I'm doomed to just work alongside high schoolers, high school drop outs, and excons in a restaurant or something.