Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What can good-looks do that a personality can not?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, Spike, what have you experiened around you and have you interviewed players who you've met at bars or whatever?

entropy

Don Juan
Reaction score
KC was correct, when he said that people in general view goodlooking people as trustworthy, talented, interesting, etc.

Hasn't life destroyed this silly notion yet?

Ted Bundy was a successful serial killer because he was goodlooking (at least for his era).

But fortunately we're also hardwired with a brain, that can override illogicial impulses. Do with it what you will.

I'm average looking, but so is the majority of the population.
Even average looking people outnumber ugly people (it's called average for a reason).

When you grade on a scale from 1 to 10, I take a 1 to mean a genetic mutant, and 10 to represent sheer genetic perfection.
So what does average represent to most people, 5? If that's the case, I'd argue 8's to be rare. Good looking is rare.

Having goodlooking parents doesn't mean your going to be goodlooking. Having ugly parents doesn't mean your going to be ugly, it just means it's likely. But either way, goodlooking isn't something that's common (if by goodlooking we're talking about above average). It also doesn't mean HEALTHY.

If the evolution of humanity truly reflected what women supposedly want from men, all men would be toned, good-looking and have huge sausages. As we know that's not the case. Even factoring out all ugly women (and it's well documented even goodlooking guys will stoop), goodlooking, etc would still be more common than it is, because these super breeding alpha males would populate the planet.

From my experience goodlooking guys tend to squander their talent. The lower they are on the socio-economic ladder, the more wasteful their lives are (I said tend, folks). Most of them tend to be lazy, and have a steady supply of 5's. The bigger the disparities between looks, the more attached the ugly one tends to be (same applies with guys). They also tend to knock these women up and are glorified by their average looking friends, because their so ALPHA.

Most of you on here are say 5's. All of you are trying to pull higher than your alloted number in life.
Would you sweat me if was say a 6 and pulled a steady supply of 3 or 4s? You wouldn't? why? I know.
Goodlooking guys are pulling from the biggest pool there is, the ones me and you fish at, the average pool. They were just born with bass boats and high tech gear, while the rest of us are stranded on the shore with our cane poles. I'm not mad at goodlooking people, in my experience I notice they tend to waste their talent, such as it were. And yes they unjustly have more room for error and such, than you or I.

I hear alot about the "ugly guy with the beautiful girl", but i see just as many "goodlooking guys with ugly girls".

Spikes partly right imo. Goodlooking will get you in the door and is a big advantage, but your more likely to end up with a clingy immature girl (who is below you in numerical value) wanting you to sign the birth certificate. Why? Because.........

A.) she views you as an asset, and by that I mean a trophy
B.) goodlooking guys have it easy when it comes to average looking women, so they rarely put forth effort.

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
i posted somewhere around this forum last week saying that we shouldn't focus on looks and such. well i read "The psychology of persuasion" from Cialdini. this guy shows that we are attracted to good looks. and especially the girls. read the section about newly born babies attracted to the goodlooking ones.

so looks does matter. that's proven scientifically guys.

OK. that was good to know.

however, as a man, i won't change anything in my lifestyle. i refuse to react to people's reactions and adapt my behavior to how other will think of me. out of question. and i'd stick to my principle which is being clean, having clothes that fits&suit you, taking care about my body by practising *sports* ... and that's all. no damn metrosexual makeup, fancy colors, sparks...

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My final comment to the looks debate, I came here because I am sick they way a few guys on this site completely generalise all women to be the same.

Yes you do see beautiful women end up with ugly guys.
I have seen many handsome guys end up with not all that great looking girls.

Some guys have a fetish for fat women and go to fat clubs to seek them out and have sex with them (suprisingly a lot of these guys happen to be slim and average looking, who refuse to openly admit to their friends). Also in night clubs I see many handsome guys getting off (kissing in English slang, don't know about American) with not always that great looking girls, whilst in this Environment a beautiful woman will nearly always a choose a handsome guy. Obviously this is an unconscious form of Evolution behaviour, where a handsome guy can afford to pass on his genes to his less than ideal looking woman (as long as he doesn't have to raise the children with her).

And men are suppose to be always looks orientated?

Interesting arguement about how two good looking parents and give birth to an average looking child. Suppose a boy and girl are born with average looks to rich parents, in their teens their parents pay fortunes on them to have cosmetic surgery. By their twenties they both look like candidates for vogue magazine. One they get together and have children. Of course there is a high chance that the children will not turn out beautiful, because originally their parents where not genetically made this way. Thats the thing about Evolution there is a huge percentage of beautiful men and women out there who were not naturally born that way, so therefore finding a good looking man or good looking woman does not guarentee that good genes will be passed on.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MysteryWoman
Also in night clubs I see many handsome guys getting off (kissing in English slang, don't know about American) with not always that great looking girls, whilst in this Environment a beautiful woman will nearly always a choose a handsome guy. Obviously this is an unconscious form of Evolution behaviour,
hahahhahaha, ever heard of beer?

This is why good looking guys "get off" with these ugs or average girls!

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+ They have bad confidence
+ they have bad selfimage
+ they have no game
+ they take what they get.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
+ They have bad confidence
+ they have bad selfimage
+ they have no game
+ they take what they get.
I dont get this post. R u talking about why good looking guys date average girls?

I am not too bad looking, some would say good, haha. I have to say, I am very shallow and only date cute girls (there has to be the initial physical attraction for a relationship to work with any girl, in my mind anyways). However if I am drunk, I have been known to get with a not so good looking chick every now and then. As I cant even see what they look like and dont remember half the time! I am only told by friends the next day.

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AHHA I agree with you Clooney...
Even those girls that looked bad to me at the begining of the night look good when I'm drunk.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Conclusion: Looks can give the first impression. Therefore, looks do matter.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So to end this thread, I want you guys to answer this in a conclusion-like manner...

Can good-looks do what personality can not?

edgewater

Don Juan
Reaction score
looks do help incredibly, but HB 9's and 10's will not necessarily approach a guy just on the looks he's gotta have some social proof too.

Another thing to remember - when a woman see's a hot guy he has INSTANT social proof because she is already thinking "I bet this guy has pleased a hundred women before me he could have whoever he wanted". She PREMATURELY builds up his alpha status without him having to do a damn thing!

Its not hard to improve your looks, just get a tan, get a good haircut, wear fashionable clothes and hit the gym. These are the easy things to do, the hard stuff is the DJ stuff!

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes!....

Several incidents have led me to believe this, especially from the last couple of days which have been pretty surreal and have proven this topic in several ways true.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't classify myself as a hot guy by any means but I have attracted a number of hot girls as often as I have been rejected by them . The attraction usually happened when i was aloof and didn't care for them. Attitude is everything. Desperation will kill your game faster than your looks (or lack thereof).

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well i have absolutely no idea how goodlooking i am and i don't know what makes a guy goodlooking in the first place. i have a ripped body and i know that goes down very nicely, but don't know about my face

i personally believe that personality means fvck all with most girls over here. most just seem to lack depth. i'm probably generalising far too much but that's the way i see it

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have another little take on this subject, but save starting a new thread I thought I'd raise it here.

Do you think your looks or your personality determine the type and age group of women that go for you?

I'm certainly not stunning, but I appear to have a very general appeal to women. I get interest from all age groups (from teenagers to women in their 50s), all races and social groups. I get interest from sweet innocent girls and *****es, bimbos and intellectuals, average/ugly girls and exceptionally hot babes. I even get guys hit on me.

I'm above average in terms of looks and I get a lot of women say I'm way above average, but I honestly believe that my general appeal is down to my personality and charisma more than my looks.

I have women approach me from time to time, but strangers don't flock around me and I don't turn every girl's head as I walk past. But as soon as I get to know people, they're all over me.

Apparently, my ex-girlfriend's housemates rarely spoke to her, but when I started hanging round, they barely gave us a minute's peace and suddenly became her best friend. My friend also told me that the only time he sees his sister is when I'm around.

I'm curious if anyone else gets this and how you would explain it.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age matters in some cases.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MysteryWoman, you are so wrong that is not even funny.

Originally posted by MysteryWoman
The social factor is that attitude and confidence is important for women. But attitude and confidence does not necessary mean that the man has good genetic genes to produce healthy children, or good finacial resources to support the children.

Attitude and confidence may not produce goodlooking children but these attributes are necessary if you want to get anywhere in life unless you plan on inheriting a lot of money or winning the lottery.

Most handsome men are often not rich
Many ugly guys are rich, prehaps this big handicap motivates them to be financially successful.

I know a lot of ugly guys that are not successful because they chose the "woe is me" attitude because a couple of jerks treated them like crap because of the way they looked. They didn't know how to get over these bad experiences and move on. Meanwhile, I know a lot of handsome guys that are rich because people treated them well and motivated them to be successful in all areas. I know that this isn't always the case but I'm just illustrating that the world works in many different ways.

Ever noticed that when you see a stunning model with an ugly guy, she usually looks miserable and it is not exactly can't keep my hands off him (but then again many guys are immune to reading body language).

You honestly think that these girls are unhappy purely because their partner is ugly? What about his bad personality? What about her self-esteem issues? Other factors could be at play here.

Ever noticed that when a beautiful woman and ugly guy get together, the children often inherit mum's stunning good looks.

You obviously know little about genetics. Just because a guy is ugly doesn't mean that he doesn't have a goodlooking ancestor that the children could be taking after. Plus, I've seen many goodlooking couples produce ugly children. Methinks that their children are taking after uglier ancestors.

if a good looking woman is to have children, there is a high chance that she could have one girl. Seeing that society judges women harshly on their looks, mother has to ensure that her daughter inherits good looks so that her daughter can do well in life (find a rich husband, or be attractive enough in order to attract a man with good genes to produce healthy offspring), therefore she risks a lot buy getting pregnant by an ugly guy.

And that is why plastic surgery was invented. And with an ugly but rich husband, the prices are easily affordable.
I could go on. But I think I've made my point. Women and men are not all that different. When someone sees a goodlooking person, he or she is not usually thinking about his or her future children. They are thinking about themselves. They are wondering how good the sex will be or how being seen with this goodlooking person will improve their status. But in the end, not everyone can get the goodlooking guy/girl. For those that do, they will soon realize that a greatlooking guy or girl is not all it's crack up to be. That's why personality triumphs in the end because if you don't like the person that you are seeing, you will be lead a very sad life.

Last edited:

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, If I ask you guys for a 'fun to fun' favor, could you please maybe try to?

Well here is the favor or 'experiment' :

OPTION (Choose one please) :

One : Go to places and check to see any guys hanging out with women. Then try to interview or give a little 'study' around them and see what they are doing.

Two : Bring a really good-looking guy friend and ask him to approach a woman and see their re-action. Then bring someone who is well... below decent? looking and try an approach. See which impression is better.