Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What books worked for you and what books did not?

gösta berling

Don Juan
Reaction score
What books worked for you

The book of pook - Pook(ebook)

How to become an alpha male - John Alexander

Be relentless - David X(ebook)

Foundations - Tyler Durden(DVD)

Nice guys and players - Rom Wills(Basic stuff)

Arnold: The education of a bodybuilder - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Action! Nothing happens until something moves - Robert Ringer(Chapter 1 is excellent)

What to say when you talk to yourself - Shad Helmstetter

The way of the superior man - David Deida

The master's guide to cunnilingus - Vanessa Ryan

The power of your subconscious mind - Joseph Murphy

Will power and self discipline - Remez Sasson(ebook)

what books did not??

The mystery method - Mystery

The art of seduction - Robert Greene

Machiavellian's guide to womanizing - Nick Casanova

From the first date to the bedroom - Butch Mazzuca

The procrastination workbook - William Knaus

Awaken the giant within - Anthony Robbins

NLP: The new technology of achievement - Steve Andreas, and Charles Faulkner

The complete a**hole's guide to handling chicks - Dan Indante and Karl Marks

Double your dating - David DeAngelo(ebook)

The game - Neill Strauss

The layguide - Tony Clink

How to be the jerk women love - F.J.Shark

Self-discipline in 10 days - Theodore Bryant

God is a woman - Ian Coburn

The system - Roy Valentine(Nice recipes though)

Last edited:

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the beginning stages, don't worry about the seduction and pickup books. Focus more on yourself and assess what rough edges that you notice. It may be your self confidence, self image, assertiveness. Focus on books like those before you the women.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Books in Bold

Anything by Pook - Opened my eyes to the whole DJ thing

Killapete's DJ Bible Reborn (Search for it on this site) - This one's is a classic!!! Very amusing but understanding

Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson - Very motivational, all about Change

48 Laws of Power Robert Greene - Can be taken many ways depending on how YOU look at it. Alot of very deep life lessons learned from reading this such as "Trust your enemies more than friends"

Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe - Self explanatory

Weapons of Mass Destruction by Fingz - First time I read it I was amazed very good :up:

How to be the Alpha Male John Alexander - Probably my favorite other than Killapete's. Simply a MUST READ

WHAT DIDN'T WORK
Sitting on your arse and not applying the knowledge!!!!!

:up:

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
48 Laws of Power
Art of Seduction
The Manipulated Man

All of them worked for me but I honestly think 48 Laws of Power is all you really need if you are a person of good intelligence and creativity level.

If you need someone to literally hold your hand through life or tell you exactly how to live it then stuff by one of the many PUA gurus or morality crew members here is probably whats right for you.

gösta berling

Don Juan
Reaction score
Highly recommended: "The Retrosexual Manual" by Dave Besley

Are you a metrosexual?:eek:
*You find gay men come on to you and feel flattered.
*You use a conditioner or moisturizer.
*You carry a manbag, and your suitcase, however small, has wheels.
*You know what colour socks you're wearing.
*You know what a manicure, pedicure, facial or exfoliation is.
*You like to go "commando".
*You call men's toiletries "products".
*You shave any part of your body except your face or head.
*You know your hairdresser's name.
*You borrow toiletries or clothes from your girlfriend.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
weakepedea said:
There are a lot of books of seduction, self-improvement, etc. What books/material opened your eyes or offered good content thats beneficial and what material did you not benefit from or just didn't work for you?
Listen up.

You don't need any books or anything to make you more successful with the ladies. People got laid before Mystery wrote his books. Players existed before NLP and PUA came along. Experience is the best teacher. You can't get experience when you're reading a book. Going out one night and trying and failing is more productive than reading a few chapters of a seduction book instead.

Anything you could possibly need is available free from the internet, especially this forum. You don't need to waste your money on books, CDs, DVDs, seminars or anything else. So don't.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best material comes from this site. The DJ bible is all you need.

How to Succeed With Women by Ron Louis and David Copeland- I liked this one, but is filled with a lot of fluff. A good book for AFC's who are clueless and need to start from the ground up.

The System by Doc Love-The book is poorly organized and full of spelling and grammar errors. His phone advice is outdated (asking women for "home" phone numbers lol.) His book is useful for screening out low IL and bad women though. He approaches dating like a salesman. He gives you steps for approaching, making the pitch, closing, and follow through. I thought his articles posted on this site were more useful than his book though. he sells the book for 100 dollars on his site, but you can find a free ebook copy on the net if you know where to look.

Double Your Dating- Another book I was disapointed with. He speaks mostly in generalities and some of the stuff he recommends like telling women to pick you up for a first date will get you rejected ASAP. Another situation where I thought his articles were more useful than his book. The whole premise of the book is to have a sense of humor (you don't need to pay for a book to have someone tell you that). Luckily, i read the book for free and didn't waste 40 bucks.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mind OS by paul dobranksy.

THAT is the book that helped me the most so far. I owe a lot to that book! If only I met the guy who wrote that.....! :up:

Personally, i'm really very glad I found it. I recommend it to EVERYONE, no matter how good your inner game is.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Success/Motivational Books that Worked for Me:

Law of Success - Napoleon Hill
Think Big and Kick Ass - Donald Trump and Bill Zanker

Success/Motivational Books That Didn't Work for Me:

Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins

Dating/Seduction Books That Worked for Me:

Undercover Sex Signals - Leil Lowdnes
The System - Roy Valentine

Dating/Seduction Books That Didn't Work for Me:

Anything by David D or Mystery

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some authors I don't like because of the way they write. They know their stuff and are intelligent but thay write very scientifically which means they use big words when theres no need to.

Other things I don't like is writing too much about something. Why write 10 pages to make your point when 1 would do with a few examples. Simplify things.

Mike32ct said:
Success/Motivational Books That Didn't Work for Me:

Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins

I didn't really like that book either. I must have a proper read but generally from first impressions feel it was too complicated. Some people really like it though.

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. There is just soooo much crap out there, I dunno what is actually helpful and what is Garbage. I don't want to start reading it all and become a kbj. I just want something that will give some good foundation that I will be able to work from.
Soloman, I like you're posts man, you always stay positive.

CP3WOO

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystery Method and Book of Pook worked WONDERS for me.

Start out with Book of Pook FIRST before you read anything else. Treat it like gospel. Book of Pook is the greatest thing I've read (besides the Bible). It will help you BIG TIME.

I hate reading books, but Book of Pook was by far the best.