What are the most respected careers?

Enigma412

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do young women, particularly single college age women, think about lawyers and future lawyers?

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm...I would imagine anyone who works in emergency, law enforcement (both military and civilian), or medical services.

Why? Because they save people and try their hardest to protect them (sometimes even dying while trying).

Especially doctors, because they fix people and normally have plenty of financial security (unless he's a SERIOUS spendthrift).

Me personally? I want to be a Network Administrator, where I keep a large computer network up and going. Or start a computer business where I fix and build PCs, maybe even having a storefront, warehouse, and lots of people who depend on me (employees).

This is because I really, really think computers are wonderful things. Not because I think it'll attract women. If anything, this is probably more of a liability than an asset to me, in that regard. But I'll like it, so who cares?

Ben

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanna be a criminologist or something like that. I think itd be exciting. Figuring stuff out is really fun for me.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think theres a better job in my opinion than being CEO of a large corporation, thats why im going to make my own corporation. Some of the richest people in the world are CEOs or founders of large corporations, Bill gates being #1. and you dont even need hardcore education to become one, all you need is an idea. I read a story about bill Gates the other day, that back in the day he was crossing into Canada, and the border officers asked him if he had anything to declare to pay taxes on. Gates has a bunch of floppy disks tied together in a rubber band, took them out and told the officer that the floppies were worth about $50 billion, the officers just laughed and let him through without paying a cent in taxes. The floppies were Microsoft windows 95, which indeed was worth about $50 billion dollars.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oakraiderz2
I wanna be a criminologist or something like that. I think itd be exciting. Figuring stuff out is really fun for me.
I technically am one. I do not have a JD (doctorate), so I am not an expert, but with a bachelor's degree I would say I have enough credentials to substantiate the claim. (The degree is in Criminal Justice but it's basically the same classes as Criminology.) The major concern of research in criminology is law enforcement policy; e.g. how best to utilize resources, or what should be the policy towards handling domestic violence calls, for instance. It's certainly a captivating subject. I took courses on Sex Offenders, Serial Murder, Terrorism, White-Collar Crime, Death Penalty, Criminal Investigation; fascinating.