Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are the chances she is telling the truth?

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are the chances that she is telling me the truth?

Well a week ago I had set up a first get together for today with HB7.5 to go hiking today at a spot that is pretty popular out here. Yesterday, she calls and leaves me a message saying that her dad just called her and her grandmother is sick and that she has to go to Orange County where dad and granny etc are at. On the message she apologized and said hopefully we can do it again some other time and told me to give her a call. I can be cynical at times and my first inclination is that this story is BS. I just wanted to get some other feedback as to whether you guys think it is a lie or perhaps the story is true.

I plan on calling her in a few days and once I make sure granny is okay, I’m going to tell HB7.5 that I normally charge a $20 cancellation fee but since she has a valid excuse I’ll waive it (it a joking manner). I saw that line somewhere on this sight- so I’ll give credit to whomever it was that said it.

Either way I guess the bottom line is I need to go get some more #’s and thanks in advance for your replies.

Don Juan
Reaction score
tough to say on that one. Don't dwell on it either way. Your going to find out soon enough if she was lying or not.

Cheers,

"Something wonderful is going to happen to me today."

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That story might be true, however since she did not go out of her way to try and make it up to you, it sounds more likely to be false.

Bad signs:

a) It was your first so called "date" and she canceled.

B) Instead of trying to reach you and talk to you about it, she opted to leave a detailed message on your voicemail, which is never good. She is avoiding you.

c) She told you to "give her a call" and "hopefully we can do it again some other time" - Doesn't sound like a girl who is thrilled about going out with you. If she was into you, she would told you that she would call you as soon as possible and that she will make it up to you. There was no counter offer.

If she wants to go out with you, let her try to contact you (which in all likelyhood will not happen). In the meantime go get some more numbers and hopefully you will meet someone who does not cancel dates.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Give her the benefit of the doubt. Since you have no history it's not like she has made a habit of cancelling on you. Things like this happen. Regarding not making a "counter offer"...it sounds like she had just gotten a call and doesn't even know what or how bad the situation with her grandmother is. She probably doesn't know how long she will be away. It would be irresponsible for her to try to set up another time before knowing when she will be available to do so.

It's not like she just stood you up or cancelled without a good reason. She called to let you know she had to cancel and gave you a solid and understandable reason why. Give her a call in a week to see if she is back and things have settled down.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandma just died for realz. I cancelled a date with a girl, when that happened, i don't see this situation being too different. From my experience people will come up with a more deceptive lie to get out of a date, ailing relatives is usually a sensitive subject. Then again I don't know...not everyone has morals.

either way it's no big deal if she's looking to reschedule.