Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are some groceries that are both cheap and healthy?

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm on a bit of a budget since I'm a student, but I still want to eat healthy. What are some groceries to buy that are cheap and healthy at the same time? (Besides the obvious like bread, tuna, fruit, etc)

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lazikia said:
Okay, so I'm on a bit of a budget since I'm a student, but I still want to eat healthy. What are some groceries to buy that are cheap and healthy at the same time? (Besides the obvious like bread, tuna, fruit, etc)
it isn't healthy, but ramen noodles are cheap and they do sustain you. eggs too.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wavejams007 said:
it isn't healthy, but ramen noodles are cheap and they do sustain you. eggs too.
whatever you do, dont try to make ramen noodles the only thing you eat...you can die from malnutrition.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grilled cheese sandwiches, Tomato soup, Ramen, Eggs, Spend the extra buck on some chicken breasts. lots of meals you can make with them.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
pimpin has some good ideas, chicken breasts are very versatile and can be added to many meals. I'd also add peanut butter.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
moved to health and fitness.

As for groceries that are cheap and healthy:

1. large eggs
2. frozen vegetable packs
3. lean ground beef
4. oatmeal
5. apples(pretty steady cheap price)
6. green peppers...brocolli...
7. brown rice

It depends on where you live as well, and what store you go to. Those are all foods I buy regularly, and right there is pretty much all you need to eat to be healthy.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
1. large eggs
3. lean ground beef
4. oatmeal
7. brown rice
+1

Also, sweet potatoes and cottage cheese.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't understand why it took so long for someone to mention beef.

Guy Incognito

Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein Shakes. I use the EAS brand from costco. 30 bucks for 5lbs. Mix with milk and frozen fruit. Great stuff, its a good breakfast replacement. Get one of those smoothie individual blenders that blend in the cup itself.

Peanut butter and jelly with bread was always in my dorm.

Guy Incognito

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a george foreman. I couldn't technically cook in my dorm either but used that. You can make panini sandwhiches, burgers, sausages, and other stuff. Low mess, easy clean up (just wash it in the bathroom down the hall or something). Voila.

Guy Incognito

Don Juan
Reaction score
brett012 said:
Where do you use the grill? Wouldn't it be really really bad if I used it in the dorm and not outside?
No. Not at all. Its just an indoor grill.

There's little to no smoke and doesn;t make a mess at all.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'grill' is a serious misnomer in this instance. it's basically an electric skillet with ridges on both surfaces.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy Incognito said:
Get a george foreman. I couldn't technically cook in my dorm either but used that. You can make panini sandwhiches, burgers, sausages, and other stuff. Low mess, easy clean up (just wash it in the bathroom down the hall or something). Voila.
I'll second this. You can cook anything on the george grill. I lived in the dorms years ago. I wish they had these back then.

Keep some chicken breasts in your frig/freezer in the dorm, with some good sandwich rolls. Cook the breasts on the forman grill. Excellent, and cheap.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
moved to health and fitness.

As for groceries that are cheap and healthy:

1. large eggs
3. lean ground chuck
4. oatmeal
7. brown rice

It depends on where you live as well, and what store you go to. Those are all foods I buy regularly, and right there is pretty much all you need to eat to be healthy.
i changed beef to chuck as it is healthier..
but wanted to add peanut butter , bananas , yogurt, jello (that you make yourself), raisins, tomato soup, cheerios, canned tuna, some brands of canned chicken breast, dry beans, & nuts

CrunchyNut

Don Juan
Reaction score
Muesli, apples, cheap fresh fish (fresh sardines are great and cheap), eggs, wholemeal cous cous, wholemeal pasta, tinned tomatoes, lentils, chick peas, lettuce, tomatoes, small amount of brie (cheap and full of protein).

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lazikia said:
Lazikia,

Do you have a crockpot? Do you like to cook or are you an eat-on-the-run life? Do you have storage room to buy/cook in bulk (for example - I buy large whole Turkey breasts - turkey is often cheaper than chicken - and also when they are on sale, cook the whole thing, slice it up - and also save the tiny shredded/picked parts for soups and stews - and I freeze them portionately with various recipes in mind for later. So I am wondering what your storage area is like?)