Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Went out to a bar for the first time alone last night.

JeeperCane

Don Juan
Reaction score
At 26, I went to a bar down the street for the first time alone last night. I've actually met a large number of my ex's in bars, so I feel comfortable and confident there, but I've never gone alone, which is an entirely new feeling inandof itself. I thought it might be pretty empty, so it would serve as a good warmup, but when I got there, it was actually packed BEYOND a reasonable level. At the point where you can't move, keep getting bumped and have a hard time getting a drink.

Nothing major happened. I was fortunate enough to get a seat at the bar (the only free one). Had two beers, tried to chat up two girls, but nothing major. One didn't want to be talked to and the other kept making eye contact, but then didn't speak English when I approached (it's Miami....what are you gonna do?). Beyond that, to be completely honest (not only with you guys, but with myself) it was just sooo packed you really couldn't get anything done. I stayed for two beers....~an hour.

I just feel self-conscious being "the loner" at the bar, but I think I hide that feeling well. If anyone asked me, I would have told them the truth: I wanted a drink after work and all my close friends are now married. Which is 100% true. I'm at a new job ~2 months and haven't found anyone single there to go out drinking with either.

I hope to have better luck next time. Just being out, by myself in a full bar was a little intimidating to be honest. If I was with just one buddy, it would have made a WORLD of difference, but it was an experiment in putting myself out of my own element, which I think was a good step.

JeeperCane

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, 84 views and no replies. i'll have to make sure my story is more interesting next time.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Your not really asking anything of the forum. The post reads more like you are thinking to yourself.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, this is the most hard core story I've heard since Tuesday, when I went to the office Christmas party, removed a lamp shade from a lamp, and placed it on my head in an unusual and inappropriate manner, thus wearing it like a hat.

Truly, I am the life of the party from time to time. :rockon:

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JeeperCane said:
wow, 84 views and no replies. i'll have to make sure my story is more interesting next time.
This is what you call a "blog post"

I get what you're saying about going out alone, my first time was pretty bad, I completely frooze up and wanted to get the hell outa there. Am going out tomorrow by myself tomorrow for the 2nd time.

Reaction score
Give yourself a pat on the back, you're swimming in the deep end now.

Actually that's a bad analogy because most people would be frightened to death to go to a bar or any other kind of social situation where they don't know anyone by themselves.

You're white water rafting at this point.

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Become a regular and that way you won't be going "solo" but will have friends waiting for you, patrons and staff alike.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you go to the same place enough times with friends, you can go alone and still have the employees and regulars their since they are Now your friends anyway.

Kid Quick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. I took a job in a new town several weeks ago and none of my coworkers go out. Try to go places before they get too crowded and find a seat at the bar. Put yourself in the mix by picking a seat near where people will walk up for drinks as the place fills. Do what others have said: Get to know the bartenders, wait staff, and regulars so you are not alone.

JeeperCane said:
If anyone asked me, I would have told them the truth: I wanted a drink after work and all my close friends are now married.
Leave off the second part. You want a drink. No explanation necessary.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been to dance clubs alone and it's pretty sweet.... it's like your destiny is in your own hands. Either start dancing or look like the creepy loser in the corner. I should really do it more often..

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to go alone to a bar, there are a couple things that can help make that work for you.

First, try to find a bar that has a good selection of sports packages & televisions. It's perfectly acceptable to sit at a bar by yourself & watch a baseball or football or basketball game. If attractive women happen to come by in a close radius while you're watching, that's a great opportunity to start chatting with them. If you don't talk to them, it really doesn't matter, since you can continue to be engrossed in your game.

Also, it's best to go to a couple really good places regularly that you're very comfortable at, and tip well. This way, you get to know the bartenders. This has any number of advantages.