Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weird ending to a first date

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went on a date with this girl. East European, tall and leggy, just my type.

Took her to a Latin gig in a blues bar. She was quite passive but smiling and did not seem to mind when I put my hand round her waist or played with her hair. She also asked me if I wanted to dance and was all smiles saying she loved to dance. At one point she moved her head closer to mine so they were touching.

Afterwards she says she is tired and I offer to walk her home. I kiss her goodnight on the lips and she doesn't turn her head but doesn't lean in or kiss me back. Then strangely she kisses me on both cheeks!

Usually girls do that as a polite goodbye. But as I'd kissed her on the lips immediately before it felt a bit like a brush off. Any thoughts?

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it was def a brush off. couple of reasons, if she doesnt return you calls or texts, you did not build up any attraction. if she goes out with you again, you built attraction but did not escalate on her properly and she was uncomfortable. when you go out again build more comfort and escalate kino to build up to the kiss.

ipeefreely

Don Juan
Reaction score
I second the brush off.

see where it goes though, you might be able to salvage this situation if you play your cards right.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Matt, long time no see! :)

I had a very similar experience to you only a week ago. Great date, lots of laughing, flirting, eye contact and all the textbook signs a guy could hope for, but at the end of the date I went to kiss her (expecting a full on kiss) and she just gave me a quick peck on the lips and pulled back.

I just assumed it was a brush off and she wasn't interested, but she text me later that night to see if I got home ok and again a day later to say how much she enjoyed our date, how well she thought we clicked and wanted to see me again.

It's not the first time this has happened either. One girl avoided my kiss and kissed me on the cheek. I put it down to a brush off, but she ended up getting quite obsessed with me after that and told me how much she was into me.

I don't know why some girls are so cool about the first kiss, but as rare as it is these days, there are still those who don't kiss on the first date. It could be that they're screening us or testing us, trying to filter out the relationship potential to the guys who just want to get laid.

Just play it cool. Wait a few days and ask her out again.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Jariel. Yeah I've been in relationships so out of the game. Touched you remember me though. You still based in the midlands?

I've had brush offs before. But usually they do it by avoiding the kiss. This one accepted the kiss on the lips without reciprocating. And then the nonsensical two kisses on the cheek.

My thinking is maybe I didn't escalate enough in the club despite laying the groundwork with the dancing, the sitting close side by side with my arm round her waist and so on.

Texted her this evening saying I had a nice time and hoped to see her when she came back from holidays (she is off on holiday for two weeks).

She texted back to say she enjoyed my company and the concert and would text me when she got back from holiday.

Again I'm wondering if she is just being polite. But I guess it is a bit positive.