Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weight

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've increased dramaticly in weight lately I believe.
Backstory: Started weightlifting 6 months ago, have gained over 10kg now.
About 5 of those were in the first 2 months.
About 3-4 have been in the past 2 months. 1-1.5 of those have come in 2 days.
Current weight is 68kg at 181 cm.

I dont know how that happened. I do gain muscle, as I eat about 100-150g protein every day. What Im really wondering about is what is the cause of this rapid gain in weight?

I am aware that I must be eating too many calories. Im not counting my calories, but I eat healthy.
Over the last two months oats and protein powder has been introduced. Protein powder in the last 1-2 weeks.
I must be eating too much oats, and the protein powder just pushed my calories even more over the line?

I've heard that teens can eat up to 3000 calories (or even more) and be fine. I definately dont eat 3000 calories a day.. more like somewhere between 2300-2800.

I think my bf % is between 10-12%. Im not fat AT ALL. However, when I mentioned my sudden weight gain to my parents, they did comment that my face was bigger. I also have gotten some stomach fat.

Possible solutions:
-Reduce calories.
--Reduce oats
--Possibly reduce amount of protein powder taken (I do take a bit much, as I try to get each meal to be 30-40grams of protein).
-Cardio (Will not do this untill I start cutting).
-??

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 150 lbs at around 6 ft tall... a classic skinny teenager... your body has lots of growing to do. You're gonna grow and get bigger as your body matures, its just how life works. Use your naturally high testosterone and your body's ability to grow and recover during puberty to maximize gains. You're giving your body stimulus to get bigger with the training and nutrition, and you're going through puberty... what did you expect? Sounds like you're gaining lots of lean mass. Most guys would KILL to have this kind of "rapid weight gain".

Your parents are obviously misinformed about developmental milestones associated with a weight-trained teenager during puberty. I'm a healthcare professional and I'll tell you that based on what you're describing, there isn't anything wrong with you. If you feel healthy, etc why are you so concerned about weight? To give you an idea I'm 5'8" (172 cm) and around 190 lbs (86 kg)... at 11% bf (caliper tested). You don't see me whine about weight, etc.

Just take it and run with it. If you keep this up, and hit 100-110 kg at 10% bf in your 20's getting laid will be a cake walk.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey buddy your weight will naturally fluctuate based on a number of different factors, including season, the timing of your food, the type of workouts youre doing, all sorts of different things.

sudden weight gain or loss, fluctuations of up to 2kg can be caused by just varying water and food levels in your system. if you are worried, chart your weight every few days to try to establish a long term trend.

fat around the stomach is to be expected in the winter months, not to worry. at 68 kg, there really is no worry with a little weight gain. personally, Ive gained about 8 kg in the past month and a half. 80kg @ 183cm to 88kg. yes, I gained a little fat, but women dig me more.

with a teenagers metabolism, any fat that you put on can be taken off by a little cardio, some hard crunches, reduced carbs before bedtime, stuff like that.

that being said, what is your goal in all of this?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

How can I abuse my high test and GH levels? At the moment Im doing Riptoe's with weighted crunches per session + flyes once a week + curls once a week. Anything that I should add? Also Im aiming more for mass than strength.

My weight seems to stay the same, and I do measure 3 times a week. Belly fluctuates a lot, its funny. Btw, its summer down here.

Sub question: Any good protein sources that can be eaten every day?
Sub question: How many calories a day should I aim for? Should it be 25-50-25?

My goal is to gain lean mass and be healthy.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I'm gonna tell you something right now, TAKE ADVANTAGE of this hormonal stage you are now while you have the chance! At 15 you are pumped to the gills with natural test and will make rapid gains in both strength and mass cause you are still naturally growing as it is.

What you experienced here is perfectly normal, but can be even better if you step it up. Just keep paying your dues on Rippetoes, and shoot for 2x bodyweight in protein and you will grow like a weed.

Don't worry about a little fat gain, the best way to get "toned" or "cut" is to get bigger muscles, to do that you got to make sacrifices. Losing weight and leaning out is easy, you can worry about that when you got some muscle to show for it.

Semol

Reaction score
Weight is very important factor in our health.
weight loss or the weight gain is depend on our body requirement.

shawn5

Reaction score
Hi guys,..
Weight loss has to be done effectively without damaging the body. Many people opt for other unhealthy ways like dieting, crash diets, diet pills etc, to lose weight, when a healthy diet and good exercise can produce efficient weight loss without any side effects.
Here are a few tips to losing weight through the food pyramid:
Lean Meats
Avoid Foods Rich in Fat and Sugar
Dairy Products
Fruits
Grains
For Athletes,..
i hope this will helpful one,..
weight loss program
regards,..

Last edited:

Canery

Reaction score
These tips can help you for the weight loss
Running is the best exercises because it helps you burn the calories.
Just in 30 minutes a person can easily burn 300 calories.
Walking, Sprinting and adding hills or an incline
Bicycling and Swimming burn calories.

manella

Reaction score
Hey fellow, Always eat the good and proper diet and keep in mind the weight and fat factor. The good one diet and exercise helps you more in maintaining your desire weight and body figure.... Take a review of your diet and exercise plan and make some amendment's in that....

Canery

Reaction score
These tips can help you for the weight loss
Running is the best exercises because it helps you burn the calories.
Just in 30 minutes a person can easily burn 300 calories.
Walking, Sprinting and adding hills or an incline
Bicycling and Swimming burn calories.

baltimore fitness trainer

manella

Reaction score
manella said:
Hey fellow, Always eat the good and proper diet and keep in mind the weight and fat factor. The good one diet and exercise helps you more in maintaining your desire weight and body figure.... Take a review of your diet and exercise plan and make some amendment's in that....

el cerrito personal trainer

Aiken

Reaction score
Canery told such easy and interesting ways to lose weight with which you would not have to feel irritation and frustration..
Thanks for your post.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Norwegian, you really should not be lifting weights when you are only fifteen. Your body is still developing. You will get a stumped, stocky build that way - I have seen several guys who started lifting weights in their teens and who are doomed to look like treetrunks their whole lives. Pushups is enough in that age.

Kendrick

Reaction score
Aiken said:
Canery told such easy and interesting ways to lose weight with which you would not have to feel irritation and frustration..
Thanks for your post.
You are absolutely right... Simple ways is best to get the maximum output from the tips... The reason is that people can easily understand the tips to follow..

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honstly, I stopped following this thread a long time ago. Sorry for making such a generic title, which led to all the spammers.

- Just to update: I went up to 71.5kg, and I cut down to 68.6kgs now, and Im ready to start lean bulking again. I think the fat storage areas are just genetics.

Veridin said:
Norwegian, you really should not be lifting weights when you are only fifteen. Your body is still developing. You will get a stumped, stocky build that way - I have seen several guys who started lifting weights in their teens and who are doomed to look like treetrunks their whole lives. Pushups is enough in that age.
I disagree. Can you come up with some proof that this actually happens? Only heard of one study, which was performed 10s of years ago, on a few teenagers training with way to heavy weights and poor form. It was a quite poorly done study.

If you take a look at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10 you will see a lot of teens gaining succesfully, without getting injuries. Most people wish they started earlier.