Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weak, patchy beard = sign of low-T / DHT?

Clueless2k16

Don Juan
Reaction score
do you guys know if a curly, patchy, beard is caused by low testosterone or dht levels? Will minoxidyl when applied in the beard and testosterone/dht supplements help?

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could just be your hair follicles or something else... I know a guy who is native American, and he cannot grow a beard at all because it is genetic for him and his heritage (that is why you never see images of Native Americans with beards). I know some ethnic groups that have differet patterns of hair growth on their face, the regions in the Balkans have a multitude of differet ethnicities and I can tell you that each one has their different traits even in beards.
Does your father have a full beard or a patchy one? If he has a patchy one it can just be hereditary.

Certianly testosterone does play some role in the development of body hair... But there are a multitude of factors... If you have thick body hair elsewhere and do not "feel" as if you have low testosterone (healthy sex drive, ect) then it may just be normal.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you guys know if a curly, patchy, beard is caused by low testosterone or dht levels? Will minoxidyl when applied in the beard and testosterone/dht supplements help?
Says you're 30. Testosterone and genes decide if you'll have a good beard or not. I never had any hair on my body or face till my mid 20's then it grew in like crazy. I would suggest losing any unwanted weight and lift heavy. Should increase your testosterone and maybe jumpstart it. I have friend who had a super patchy beard in his 20's, lost weight, worked out, and now it looks good in his late 20's

raider87

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you guys groom your body hair if at all? I'm looking a bit like chewbacca

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be too worried about it since high T apparently leads to male pattern baldness which is worse than rocking a keanu reeves

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you guys groom your body hair if at all? I'm looking a bit like chewbacca
I use a body hair trimmer or Nair...hair hides the abs :p

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have very little body hair. I can't grow a beard for squat. I'm native American though.i do have a full head of hair at 52.

I'm currently getting injections. My t level is around 1000. Still no body hair. I'm glad for that.

Dgwizdal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No beard bro checking in at age 29. Can't grow anything but a goat t. Starting to bald a bit but rogaine helps a lot. High sex drive and muscle content - Can still get hard from the right gust of wind.

Not the Testerone...