Ways to self improve?

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I thought about my life and self improvement and realised that I waste a lot of time just because I don't have anything to do. I mean I usually have a lot of stuff to do but sometimes there comes a couple of days when I have really nothing to do, so I guess I need a new hobby, something good that I will see a meaning in doing.

I improve myself, though I guess not enough.

I work out, I study to school and I try to learn programming languages, I draw and I try to improve my social skills but sometimes I don't feel like doing anything from that so some new self improvement activity would be good? So what do you suggest?

Cassify

Don Juan
Reaction score
learn to play a musical instrument...its funny, cool and chicks loves guys who play something

GADavid

Don Juan
Reaction score
music is a good one. team sports, motorcycle, learn to play chess or play poker, learn how to cook, read books.

organize your life. get your wardrobe in good shape. make sure your car and house are clean and looking spiffy. there are a bunch of things you can do that will make life easier when you don't have so much free time.

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your purpose in life? What are your burning desires?
What are you working towards?

It sounds like you have a fairly active life, which is great. But make sure that you have clear goals.
Aim to run a marathon, own a Harley, graduate top of your class, visit every bar in your state, whatever.
Go out there son and live your life with passion!

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnnyStorm said:
What is your purpose in life? What are your burning desires?
What are you working towards?

It sounds like you have a fairly active life, which is great. But make sure that you have clear goals.
Aim to run a marathon, own a Harley, graduate top of your class, visit every bar in your state, whatever.
Go out there son and live your life with passion!
Well my biggest desire is to have money, to leave my country and go live somewhere north (preferably Iceland) of course also to have a quality woman to spend my time with. But right now I wouldn't say that I have a long term goal that I want to achieve (well except having a great body but I'm already working on that). Of course I'd like to travel and experience new stuff, but I don't have much money for travelling now, so I have to study and find a good job.

I just want to have a feeling that I live my life to the fullest and not wasting my time on useless stuff. I thought about learning to play guitar for a while now so maybe I'll try that. But any other suggestions would be welcome. I'd really like some activty that I'll know will be a gain to me in the future too.

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well how about learning a language then? Icelandic?
Are you still at school? Then make studying your priority.
Saving for travelling? Do you have a part time job?

Do you have deal sites like groupon and wowcher where you are. I find they are a great low cost way of trying a new activity. Just got 12 Krav Maga lessons for £24! :D

msi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that mind & body come before everything else. Hobbies like working out, writing, playing music, painting, reading, learning, basically any activity that improves your physical health or your intelligence or allows you to really express yourself is golden a way to spend your free time.

If you enjoy making money, then getting involved in stocks or something like that could be beneficial.

Honestly, this isn't a question for a message board. Sit down and think about what you want out of your life, what you want to do, what you want to be known as. Then go do whatever that is.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are a few things that can keep you occupied your entire life:

1) Exercise. Get in shape. Gain some muscle, lose fat. You will look good clothed and naked, girls will want you more, guys will want to be like you, summer will be your favorite season, and most importantly - LONGEVITY! Do you really want to spend then 2nd half of your life miserable because you did irreparable damage to your body by neglecting it?

2) Read. Anything that interests you. Classical novels are great for increasing your vocabulary and getting insight into human nature. Some self improvement books - well that's self explanatory. Websites like this, etc.

3) Become more social. You can either do this through picking up a hobby or getting a (second?) job that puts you in front of people and forces you to interact. In my life so far, social jobs I've had: sales, personal training, bartending. GREAT for building social skills.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm at the last year of high school now, so I have to study a bit more. I don't have any job, I thought about finding one in sales etc. but nothing so far.

I even thought about learning a language, but I don't want to spend much money on some books because I don't know if I'll hold on to it, so maybe I'll search for something on the internet.

So I guess I'll have to consider what things to try, thanks for the great advices, if you have more keep them coming. :cool:

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn about money, banking, financing,
Or cooking
Crossfit
Dont buy books, use the public library
Home improvement,
Basic car knowledge
first aid
buy a shotgun
One of my favorite hobbies is disaster prepping-The trunk of my car has everything I need to survive on my own for a couple days, food, water, shelter, fire, protection...etc
I also love researching money saving tips.

Use the internet to search for ideas.