Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was your dad an assertive alpha? Or a boring beta?

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In regards to the "pick up community" my dad would most likely be described as a beta. HOWEVER i still love my dad because i inherited many great qualities from him; my sense of humor, my public speaking ability, and my looks.

For all those guys who are calling their dad a beta, loser, etc. you need to remember that your lack of success with the opposite sex is not your dad's problem, it's yours.

Think of all the good qualities that you have and, more likely than not, you wouldn't have most of them w/o your pops.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btownbuck2012 said:
In regards to the "pick up community" my dad would most likely be described as a beta. HOWEVER i still love my dad because i inherited many great qualities from him; my sense of humor, my public speaking ability, and my looks.

For all those guys who are calling their dad a beta, loser, etc. you need to remember that your lack of success with the opposite sex is not your dad's problem, it's yours.

Think of all the good qualities that you have and, more likely than not, you wouldn't have most of them w/o your pops.
Bvllshi1t, our parents have a deep impact in our life.

Studies therefore job and income
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080916100932.htm

Behaviour therefore relationships at work and at home
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090915100953.htm

Your IQ
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090924231749.htm

Even you health and look
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071126105434.htm

So yeah those guys are accountable for their condition, but they are no different than a dog left in the mud who didnt find a river to wash himself yet compared to a dog washed from his owner 1 day after his birth.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad was alpha through and through.

Somethings he did for me:

He loved me to death but he knew when and how to discipline me.

He gave me $1 in elementary school for every 100 I got and hit me (not child abuse levels) every time I didn't. This was his way of instilling habits lol.

Worked minimum 12 hour workday and would come home and play with all of his 4 kids.

He would go to my sister and tell her she can't date and leave the house without permission until a certain age, and he went to all of his sons and told them to get as many girls as we wanted and not to worry about marriage or whatever at this age.

He didn't go out socially much, but when he did all of our relatives and family friends always looked up to him as if he had a magical aura.

Sometimes while our family would be outside at night around 2am waiting for the public bus, and random people sometimes drunk sometimes not, would walk by and try to insult us, my father without hesitation would say "Fvck you, you son of a b!tch" and they always gtfo out of there.

He taught us that we have to do everything in moderation in life, including being bad and being good. He said trying to live the life of a goody two shoes all the time is not the right way to do things.

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my dad is a domesticated Alpha, at one point he has **** loads of girls but our father-son relationship is very....traditional (me being the son and him being the top dog) so I did not really have the letter A conversations nor did he teach me ****

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Aaron B said:
I'm thankful my Dad put his foot in my ass and made me into a man. I think a lot of guys are missing that these days
Yeah my dad could scream loud enough to make my hair stand on end, and my mom always adored him.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's the option for "dad wasn't in the picture at all?" I was raised in a single parent household by a wonderfully loving mother who did not realize she was warping me by punishing all of my masculine behavior and molding me into a sexless little pvssy. When you get trained from an early age that being male is bad and you seek constant approval from a matriarchal figure, it pretty much destroys any hope you have of developing into a normal, healthy, attractive man. I didn't find this site until I was 27. I wish I would have had something like this from about age 13. It would have saved me a lot of pain and confusion growing up.

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Beta male. Reserved, intellectual, socially-isolated type. Calls my mom "mother" instead of by her actual name. Apparently he gets that from my grandpa, who, by the way, has been sleeping in a separate bed from my grandmother for decades. I hate to talk s*** about him because he's a good guy and all, but being an only child and having identity problems growing up, I can't help but feel that my dad should have taught me at least SOMETHING about being a man. I hope I don't remain a virgin for life

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
Huge beta. Didn't have a girl in high school and married his first gf in college. Got divorced and married two other crazy women. The one he's with has him whipped and she's the devil. I can't talk to my dad about girls because he'll assume crap or go and stalk them.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad is the most Alpha guy I've ever seen. He grew up in world war 2 germany, said they made him out fires at the age of 12, because all the firemen were on the front line. He graduated university at Age 22.

He preaches being as nice as possible. His last girlfriend ran off with a VERY large percentage of his assets though.

So he was too much of a Nice Guy/Provider for his own good.

I wasn't raised by him entirely, mainly it was my mom, who also tries to mold me into an androgynous being.

But my dad is the most chauvinistic ladies man ever aswell. He doesn't feel negative emotions. Some people think he's insensitive, but I disagree. He's hypersensitive to positive emotions. People say he lives in a dream-world. He see's himself as a celebrity and everybody loves him. He does sort of have a problem with that, because he always has to assert to you that people love him. He brags about it alot. My mom is more of a depressive person, and I guess it was my dad's mental fortitude that kept her attracted to him.

besides that, he's 27 years older thhan my mom.

He doesn't give a sh*t about the nieghbours and talks, farts, coughs and sneezes as loud as he wants to.

He knows how to say: "I love you" in about 10 different languages.

Now he's over 80 years old and it's the first time he's been single since he was 18. I can tell he's yearning for female loving, but he's unshakable and unbreakable. Though his body might be deteriorating, he's always cheerful.

His problem though, is that although he's a perfect example of how to be a good Alpha: THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE ALPHA IN THE ROOM.

So whenever he enters the room everybody automatically shuts up to hear his new announcements. Most of my siblings have serious issues, they feel like he drives them in the corner with his presence. Both my brothers are COMPLETE AND UTTER BETA's. I fixed myself when I got the chance and started macking at the tender age of 15, and kickboxing at 18. Problem is I still can't get regular punanny.

I'm lucky my mom let me roam freely as a child, and my dad couldn't constrict me anymore because me and my mom moved away when I was 11.

konmai

Don Juan
Reaction score
betaaaaa. cooked, cleaned, took care of the kids, paid the majority of the bills. he snapped eventually. still beta today though with severe addiction problems now. i dont see a peaceful ending for the guy.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a beta because I was raised mainly by my mom and overprotected me as I would say. Then I started rebelling against my mom (I felt her ways of grooming me left me frustrated and repressed) and my dad stepped in to teach me. I can say he isn' the Alpha guy as you described but he certainly has his shvt together and always been respected by everyone who meets him. He exudes confidence that puts people into their place and rarely has to put his foot down to solve matters. Probably that's why I admire him so much and my father has set the standard for me to live like a real man.

Bero

Reaction score
my dad has been an real alpha for most of his life, great Ac/dc, old war veteran and he is very funny and jolly, always , but when i was about 11yo my mom died and that really ****ed us up both, i went from beeing a little wild trouble maker to beeing a very shy and introverted child. But about 6 years after, he recovered from the loss and started to sarge again, and he used to often bring girls home :)
he is a large phlegm and he almost never pushed me to do everything and i am grateful for that