Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was Jack from Titanic an alpha or a beta?

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious.

Trousersnake

Banned
Reaction score
El Payaso said:
Just curious.
Alpha. He was selfless. Betas are hurt men who care only for themselves and fear everyone and everything around them to the point of paranoia.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Given the situation, he reviewed the options and made the right choice. He saved the babe he cared about even if it cost him his life. White knight ? I do not think so, takes balls to make the choice he did.

Billtx49

Reaction score
A man makes that "extreme" decision if he wants to.
Adapt and overcome. Fall on a grenade for a babe? A soldier does it for another if thats hos personality. It's all about what we are made of and what we will do under certain conditions.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
How many movies have been made where a man gave his life for a woman? I would venture the number is dozens.

Name ONE where a woman gave her life for a man.
The Dark Knight. Kind of, haha.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, let's keep a little perspective in that this movie was made to appeal to the heartstrings of young women. In fact the first I ever saw that movie was with some friends, mostly girls at the time that I had no interest in but I wasn't doing anything else that night and had some time to kill. That moment when they're both on the piece of wreckage with Jack half in the water and Rose makes "the" decision, the music keys in and not a single woman in that theater wasn't crying.

Anyway, something that hasn't really been said yet, the character of Jack can appear alpha in this movie because he has nothing to lose. Seriously...what did the guy have? Money - no. Power - no. Hot fast cars....err, race horse - no. Hot woman - no.

The other guy? Everything.

So when you have nothing, it's pretty damn easy to take a chance and come away with something.

BrainDamage92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well hes more stupid than alpha or beta, I mean there was space for him on that board too

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
Well first of all, it was romance fiction written for Hollywood, and women especially. So, it doesn't have to make sense, nor does it particularly, lol.

So, I won't say alpha or beta...........

But what is does do, is perpetuate the thinking that a man's life is worth less than a woman's, and that what he did is to be expected by society today. That doesn't make it my stance, nor right.

Tell me this?

How many movies have been made where a man gave his life for a woman? I would venture the number is dozens.

Name ONE where a woman gave her life for a man.

It is all around you boys, you just have to take off the blinders to see it.

End of soapbox.
wow, I can't think of any.
I can think of a couple of Dr. Who episodes where a woman gave her life for the doctor but thats about it.

JohnyTheArrow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
billtx49 said:
Given the situation, he reviewed the options and made the right choice. He saved the babe he cared about even if it cost him his life. White knight ? I do not think so, takes balls to make the choice he did.
That's most stvpid and bluepill crap I have read here since long time.Since when killing yourself for 'babe you love' is considered smart ?

I would tell you what takes balls ... to murder her to survive and have another 40 years of amazing life.Jack was blueprint hopeless beta who did his beta mission - sacrifice his life for a woman.The movie is part of bluepill social programming for the masses.

coochieman

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is gold to me for it compelled me to break my yearlong or so silence.

You sosuavers worry too much. Where's PoonKing when you need him?

Jack was an absolute, undiluted BETA-MALE. Whether God is happy about it or not is a different conversation.

Society needs more betas. Feel free to sign up.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
beta points: Had no position in life, no money, no job etc. Gave his life for a woman he just met.

Alpha points: Had natural good looks and scored a hot woman.

I'd say above average frustrated chump maybe.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
coochieman said:
Society needs more betas. Feel free to sign up.
There's a beta born every minute.

If I remember correctly, BrainDamage is right - there was space on that board. But pragmatic doesn't sell, not like how sex and betadom do.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There really are no human beings like Jack. It's a pure fantasy. But he was a budding immature Alpha.... What an Alpha might be at 14.

Mature Alpha males don't develop the kinds of feelings he demonstrates so quickly. It's a female fantasy that an alpha male will immediately fall for them. It just doesn't happen.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
They created some cheesy fictional "love story" because the real story of Titanic wouldn't be as popular. Women aren't really interested in history or disaster stories. Only some guys would watch it. As a Titanic buff, I would have preferred that they just stuck to the true historical stuff, but this is Hollywood.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's an episode of Mythbusters where they manage to get two guys on the door from Titanic, so they concluded it could be done. Thing is, it was a tricky balancing act. When one tried to climb on, usually the other would get knocked off. It took them so long to figure out how to get them both up there, by that time they would have both died of hypothermia. So I don't care what they said, I considered it busted from what I saw.

James Cameron commented that it doesn't matter if two people could fit on the door in reality or not. From his storytelling standpoint, only one person could fit on the door. That's the way he wrote it. So if that failed to come across on screen, that was an error of execution. The story says only one could fit.

As for Jack, he was a poor artist who drew a lot of naked prostitutes who gave him sex without having to pay. Then he gets on Titanic and pulls an attractive rich girl. So from that standpoint, he sounds like the broke wandering "cad" type that some might call alpha.

What damns him in places like this is he falls in love with the girl (horrors!), and ends up playing the white knight and sacrifices his life for hers. So many here will call him a beta. In that time and place though, he did what was expected of him. Would more guys here admire him if he would have kicked Kate Winset's fat @ss off of there and crawled up there himself?
:)

Dgwizdal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha who let some b!tch turn him into a supplicating beta and paid the ultimate price.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't remember a lot of the specifics about his character and what he did in the movie, but the fact he sacrificed his entire life for some b*tch he just met on a boat indicates he was either a brainwashed beta moron or had some bad mental illness. I would say being a beta moron is worse than having mental illness (although you could argue they're the same). Either way, fail on his part.