Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Want to succeed? Stop basing your life off of movies

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Be like James Bond"
"Watch Office Space? Be like him"
"Fight Club is a must see"

Stop it. Stop it now. You are basing your lives off of fictional characters. If we really based ourselves off of James Bond, we would have been shot dead by criminal masterminds years ago. In fact, he should have been shot dead many times but didn't. Want to know why? HE'S NOT REAL. James Bond is a jerk as he leaves girls behind once he's done with the mission. Peter Gibbons off of Office Space reverted back to AFC when he thought he was going to get caught for stealing money as well as basically submit himself to a *****y girlfriend (who also told him to shut up btw). Not only are these characters fictional, but are hypocritical.

What you need to be doing is basing yourself off of people who have witnessed true success. Get your tips off of your PUA friends. Get tips off of some of the great people on this board. Why? Some may in fact be frauds but honestly, the advice of people here obliterates the fictional characters.

The only real movie you should see is when a documentary is made about approaching girls. Other than that, toss the movies away, unless you like the content and great plot, which by all means watch them. I like the 007 series in terms of the movie itself but I'd rather sever off my penis and hand it to the next woman walking by than to take advice from a fictional character.

Peace.

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're very hypocritical when you say that you rather cut off your balls. You believe you would, but you would do the opposite in real life. Almost noone in this world has the gut to do so. Plus, you would rather take advice from a fictional character (on whatever subject, doesn't need to be women) than cutting your **** off. But if you could do it, I'll hand you all of my properties. That's more than enough to last at least 3 generations.

Now the rest is ok, except you said "the only real movie you should see is based off, etc". Know any movies like that?

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only one of the three that really is worth watching from an inspirational standpoint is Fight Club. It's not about being more like Tyler Durden. Or getting in fights with random people.

What it's really about is being a man...being yourself. Not giving a fvck about stuff that's beyond your control. "Letting the chips fall where they may."

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."

Grab life by the horns. That's what it's all about. If you live your life to the fullest, you'll be a happier person. You'll become more confident. You'll get more chicks. Simple as that.

Another movie with similar ideas is American Beauty. Both of these movies are must see movies, for anybody...AFC or DJ.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's an idea: Quit being so literal

"Office Space" was an EXAMPLE of a good DJ move. Frankly, a lot of people I know don't base their life on the guy in the movie.

The DJ Bible has good tips and ideas -- it's not for everyone.

These are things to think about or take with you. Like tons of people on this board they don't know how to pick and choose through life and think because someone gives an anecdote about a movie that it's etched in stone. It's a f-cking EXAMPLE of an idea -- no one is basing their lives on these things.

Lighten up dude. People read books to gain insight, knowledge, and reflection. Some people use tips out of books, some don't. Some absorb the knowledge and take a little from certain chapters and ignore others.

It's like those people who say the DJ Bible is all wrong and you just have to go out and do it. The DJ Bible has many, many good things to use -- I've used them to success -- but I have not used ALL of them. Much of it works for me, because it might not for you does not make you right.

Quit viewing life only out of your lens.

Quit being so literal about everything. When you buy a magazine do you read every, single article? No! You pick and choose what works for you, and that is what people do in nearly every aspect of life.

All the "Just Do It" folks on this board are like bulls in a china shop. Or the people who play hoop and say, "Hey, just shoot the ball and you'll score." No you won't, not if you don't have different parts of your game like being able to dribble left and right handed, being able to spin, juke, etc. You can't just run at things straight on without knowledge -- even women.

Learn how to pick and choose through life, learn from others, real and fictional. If you don't have any aspects of your personality than "just do it" you'll get the initial contact with women but will be dropped very fast.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets not mask sexual frustration with conjecture/theory...

happens too often here....

Ofiice Space rules as a movie. I don;t recommend basiing your life off of anything but your experience and your perspective of whats important...

Office Space does a good job showing you the consequences of letting down your walls...So often we think that saying "the fock with this, im just gonna go up to this girl and let it rip"...we imagine ourselves getting ridiculed, humiliated, marginalized...Not realizing that in letting go and being our natural selves, we are getting bigger, stronger, and better....

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Here's an idea: Quit being so literal

Originally posted by WestCoaster

All the "Just Do It" folks on this board are like bulls in a china shop. Or the people who play hoop and say, "Hey, just shoot the ball and you'll score." No you won't, not if you don't have different parts of your game like being able to dribble left and right handed, being able to spin, juke, etc. You can't just run at things straight on without knowledge -- even women.
Negative man, bad advice....I'll flow with your analogy: You learn much more about the game by playing pickup at the playground, than by shooting freethrows in your driveway....You have to throw darts for one to stick....

You can read the bible, read posts, but as someone who had done that and moved on, I can tell you that no post was the one that "did it" that made me feel ready to go forward. That was simply a battle between my fear and my will....Its a choice to see what controls you...

My improvement depends on my experience, the board helps me rationalize situations, feelings, but it holds no answers and lights no paths on its own...

MarkHenry

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by es_mer8
[B If we really based ourselves off of James Bond, we would have been shot dead by criminal masterminds years ago. [/B]
Hahahaha

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree 50/50 Dank

Great players like Magic Johnson, Bird, Jordan, spent hours honing their games ALONE, perfecting their shot so when they hit the pickup game they dominated.

The problem with today's players is they don't have a game ... no mid-range game, no long game, just a drive to the hole game. Even Allen Iverson is noted for practicing solo hours, shooting hundreds of jump shots a day in his youth.

Back to the basics here, though. Yes, you're right: There comes a time when you have to get the experience and go out and do it. But to discard the fundamentals and things you must know to converse with women and so forth, well, then you're just another dude in a bar with raging testosterone.