Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Want to get a defined body and got a couple questions...

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I´ve started working out 5 times a week. This is my workout routine. I do 10 min as a warm up and 10 min of running after the workout and then I do sport specific stretches for 30 mins.

I´m not looking to get big, This is what I´m aiming for.

About how long is it gonna take me to get there? I´m guessing about a year?

I´m 6´3 190pds, mesomorph.

My current diet consists of 5 protein shakes that contain 30g of protein each and then two to three real meals (noodles, chicken etc)

I read that people that work out should have around 1.8xbodyweight in kg, meaning I should have around 153g of protein per day.

Is that true?

I´d also like to get some feedback on the workout plan I just started.

Last edited:

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1.8 x your bodyweight is more than 153 g of protein. You would need at least 250 g of protein per day.

Also it doesnt matter how big you want to get, building muscle is building muscle, its all done the same way

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rampage1 said:
1.8 x your bodyweight is more than 153 g of protein. You would need at least 250 g of protein per day.

Also it doesnt matter how big you want to get, building muscle is building muscle, its all done the same way
That´s what I was wondering. Is it pounds or kg? Some sources say it´s kg and other say it´s pounds.

I´m around 85kg...so 85kg x 1.8=153g

I have no idea how could possibly take in 250 g of protein every day.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know where the hell you got that number but it's no where close.

It's 1-2g per lb. The absolute minimum for you is 200g and it should really be like 300.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your also drinking too many shakes

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you would be suprised how easy it is to get in 250 g of protein. If you have 2 shakes a day, 2 scoops in each that is around 100g, then a 5oz pure chicken breast will contain about 40g, 2 or 3 chicken breasts and some meat with a few shakes and you will be fine :p

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I´m aiming for around 350g of protein.

What do you guys think about this diet?

1. Shake
2. 1 can of tuna
3. 2chicken breasts + veggies
workout
4. Shake
5. 1 can tuna
6. beef+veggies
7. shake

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tough to say without knowing what sort of shakes your drinking and what sort of quantities of each food you'll be eating. I don't even see carbs listed or any pre,during,post workout nutrition.

I'd recommend you to plan out your entire diet down to the weighted measurement using a digital food scale of each food , then plan out times for each meal. Do this for each day of the week based on what your schedule is like for that day. average 6-8 meals

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of sound advice in here ...yet nothing against Espi but just saying just do the big 3 and find whatever routine is pretty vague. This guys goals pretty much is putting on a good amount of muscle in the most aesthetic way possible ... Whether people like or not putting on 30-40 lbs of mass just for the sake of it with out at least attempting to balance it out across body can leave well not looking too aesthetic. Everyone is different.

Too many variables one guy might start out with naturally big shoulders or legs and wouldn't need to focus too much on them and would need to tweak things as he goes etc etc.....

Look best thing is just READ READ READ and make up your own routine. These guys have helped you with a diet....read these articles thorougly and find the routine you FEEL will work best for you and your schedule. Yet at the minimum you should be in the gym 4-5 times a week. Hitting muscles hard two times during each 7-8 days.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_.../how_to_design_a_damn_good_program_part_1&cr=

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_.../how_to_design_a_damn_good_program_part_2&cr=

and at 6"3 about 200....to get a physique comparable to that guys I imagine you'll need at least another 40-50 lbs of mass and than some leaning out....Yet depends greatly on your genetics...So use the mirror it's the best judge and focus on your body as one whole working unit. Do not neglect back/legs/core especially, these are some of the most important/biggest muscles in your body.

Compound movements (that you feel work for you)+cable exercises/machines+isolation exercises. Pretty much train like a bodybuilder until your reach your goal and than maintain it.

ATP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get your protein from real food instead of shakes. Whey proteins are crap protein unless you take it right after workouts because you'll get more amino acids than your body can handle properly and it's digested down to energy instead. You'll be pissing away expensive protein powder as energy. I removed all my shakes and it haven't impacted my gains at all.

Whey also spikes your insulin levels which you do not want, especially not if you want a "defined" body.

Replace that nighttime whey shake with a casein shake instead. Casein is a lot slower than whey and won't be useless like your whey protein. Replace your morning shake with 3-4 whole eggs. The only whey shake you should save is the one after workout, if you can't afford free amino acids of course which is a better choice.

Getting about 2 g protein/ kg a day is sufficient IMO. I've eaten as much as 4-5g protein/kg a day and didn't notice any big difference. Just make sure to get the right type of protein, eat smart.

That guy is pretty built for an average guy. You won't see many people walking around with those types of physiques. How long it will take to attain is not possible to say I'm afraid.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aight guys. I´ll post some pics in a couple months of my progress.

Last edited:

ATP

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
I´m still confused though. Here it clearly says that it should be 0.5 - 1g/lb at the most is more than enough for a body builder.

http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/Protein__Pros__Cons_and_Confusion.htm

http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/protein_2.htm

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_4_20/ai_n6002944/

there are many more articles like that.

What´s the deal here.
The deal is that the human body is a very very complex machine especially since it comes in about 6 billion different models so everyone got their opinion on what is good and what is not good.

When it comes down to it we can mostly tinker with the bigger stuff. Say I eat something which contains protein. When that protein is absorbed into the body how can I tell that protein to get into my muscles to make them grow? How do I know it doesn't end up as hair, a ribosome or insuline... or even worse its deaminized and turned into energy?

As lifters we can only give the body the best incentives to grow and hope our muscles get bigger. We eat a lot of protein so there will be ample supply, we sleep a lot because it is important for muscle growth, we train properly, we eat the right food so the body is turned into muscle building mode.

Don't worry over getting the exact amount of protein in, worry about the overall things. Don't bother counting it, just try to get some good protein in every meal. I think I'm eating about 150 g high quality protein spread out over the day (off days, about 200g on training days) and I'm weighing about 190-195 lbs and still progressing in the gym.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
It's good to read and aquire various viewpoints, but if you keep reading, you'll find that the consensus on protein grams for building muscle is 1 gram minimum and 2 grams max...don't make this hard. The more protein the better.
Well, I tried only eating around 160g of protein a day and I felt like I was gonna starve. I´m always hungry, so getting 300+ g of protein a day should be easy.

This is pretty much how I´m eating right now:

7am protein shake (2tbsp. peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 raw egg, skimmed milk)

9am tuna with brown rice and veggies

12am chickenbreast, brown rice and veggies

3pm protein bar

6pm chickenbreast and veggies

9pm shake (whey+water)

10pm lean meat, veggies

11pm salad, cottage cheese

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
Well, I tried only eating around 160g of protein a day and I felt like I was gonna starve. I´m always hungry, so getting 300+ g of protein a day should be easy.

This is pretty much how I´m eating right now:

7am protein shake (2tbsp. peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 raw egg, skimmed milk)

9am tuna with brown rice and veggies

12am chickenbreast, brown rice and veggies

3pm protein bar

6pm chickenbreast and veggies

9pm shake (whey+water)

10pm lean meat, veggies

11pm salad, cottage cheese
Christ you're eating like some one who's dieting down for a contest and wants to get to real low levels of BF%...Eat some more god damn beef/steaks....save the many meals of chicken/tuna for when you want to diet down lol..... ..maybe one meal of chicken for the evening and the rest should be beef :)...

Rookie_son

Don Juan
Reaction score
ATP said:
Get your protein from real food instead of shakes. Whey proteins are crap protein unless you take it right after workouts because you'll get more amino acids than your body can handle properly and it's digested down to energy instead. You'll be pissing away expensive protein powder as energy.
1.That information blew my face off. I've been using a mass gainer which im about done with and was about to move on to just taking whey protein (was about to order 5kilos worth). Whats wrong with whey and why do you believe caseine protein is better?

2.Kinda hi-jacking but I dont want to start a new thread. After eating everything in sight since i started gymming a year ago, I finally decided to do a proper meal plan. This is what im currently doing and started about a week ago. Hows it looking?

TOTALS: 3,731 calories, 359 g protein, 380 g carbs, 86 g fat

BEFORE BREAKFAST

3 scoops Mass gainer (mix in water)
1 medium banana

BREAKFAST

5 whole eggs
2 cups cooked oatmeal (on and off, im trying to find a decent one, not happy so far)

MORNING SNACK

8 oz. low-fat cottage cheese 1/2 Mango
6 whole-wheat crackers 1 Tbsp. peanut butter

LUNCH

8 oz. turkey deli meat
2 slices whole-wheat bread low-fat mayo
2 cups green salad 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette

PREWORKOUT SNACK

2 scoops mass gainer (mixed in water)
1 large apple

POSTWORKOUT SNACK

2 scoops mass gainer (mixed in water)