Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wanna be Alpha males reject my friendship?

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At first this is a bit off topic, shoots back to the D.J. theme towards the end. :up:

Over the past year or so I've been trying to make new friends...

I'm white and went to a white minority school (Harder to make friends, culture/language barriers). Most of my friends I started making in 9th grade didn't even graduate (droped out, methed out, gang related stuff, 2 ex best friends are locked up). Then I got too stuck up this girls butt for 3 years (stopped hanging out with my boys). When the relationship ended I was left with few friends. I also work with a lot of older people and go to a small college that exsists in another community. There you go, how to set your self up to not have many friends... yeah...

So... In my journey to create a "fellowship" of guy friends I seem to have hit a brick wall with this current group...

This situation might be specific to these 2 guys who are room mates, but they seem to have stopped wanting to hang out with me. I was nothing but nice to them. I noticed they were attention hogs and would try to be d*ckish to me around girls, but I'd always shoot sh*t back at them, tried to teach them I'm not to be steped on like that... Although I did let them have the attention to a point. They would do nothing but talk about them selves and try to act popular. No one is perfect, so I let most of their weaknesses slide... For 3 months we all hung out tons, 2 or 3 times a week... Once I moved into an apartment with my best friend, these 2 guys eventually stop by to see it, and from then on they stopped being nice to me (It's nice in comparrison to theirs... They have like the bare stuff... Here are some images my/roommates place... http://www.scorchedart.com/temp/apart/ ). So once they came over... It was as if I wasn't an average joe anymore... I was a threat... Like I'm going to steal their girls... Me and my room mate threw a few parties, my bday, his bday, and those guys didn't come, although I went to their parties and brought them gifts and let the day be all about them......

I also know and have met a few of their lady friends. For some reason they find me funny/cute... (Ex. Shelly said "your funny...") I tried my best not to hit on them though. Just taking part in group conversations... I would even go as far as to mention my girl friend... etc...

So they ended up not inviting me out anymore and returning my phone calls I made on thursday to them on like SUNDAY... yeah... I took the hint...

So I've come to the conclusion these guys don't want to be around competition... I suppose they feel intimidated by me... Or feel a lack of control... I've also noticed that they only invite their ugly/younger male friends out... So the attention remains on them. Think about it, 16-18 year old males in high school look up to 22 year old males in college, almost always instant respect... These 2 guys also act as each other's wingman, which works quite well. (Laugh WITH each other, help bring up stories that compliment each other. etc) I respect them for it in a way... But they always come off as trying too hard. In the end is their major down fall...

Maybe friendships are situational and people are friends with each other for resources...

I suppose I'll stay away from other guys who like attention so much... I have a feeling I would just be wasting my time.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scorched said:
Maybe friendships are situational and people are friends with each other for resources...
someone who's in it purely for the resources is not your friend, thats a leecher. it's not hard to sniff one far away.

But it takes time to form friendships. The last thing you want to do is be nice, people admire the fact that they earned someone else's respect. Going through thick and thin is what make friendships strong