Wanking before working out

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that orgasm lowers your testosterone levels. Would that affect a workout if you beat off too close to lifting?

I just rubbed one out and I'm going to the gym in like 10 minutes.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jerking off KILLS my workout, or my motivation to do just about anything. There's a reason us men are notorious for conking out after blowing a load in a girl. Save the wanking for when you get done and do it to reward yourself for a hard, heavy workout.

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Masturbating does not lower testosterone and neither does sex. That is just a huge myth.

A boxer, Chris Byrd, had his testosterone levels checked after sex, and they were actually slightly higher after sex.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not wank before a workout, and do not wank too soon after a workout.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you call a workout...a study on marathon runners found that their performance was generally better if they had sex the night before the marathon :woo:

Hoppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no right or wrong answer.

If rubbing one out alows you focus more when you hit the weights then i say spank away! If on the other hand you aren't as intense after blowing a load then refrain until after you've hit the gym.

The groggyness wears off quickly if you don't give in and sleep so that's not a factor and like they said, testosterone won't be effected.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryannath said:
Masturbating does not lower testosterone and neither does sex. That is just a huge myth.

A boxer, Chris Byrd, had his testosterone levels checked after sex, and they were actually slightly higher after sex.
Exactly what i was going to say.