Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wallet or physique?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For years I thought money was an aphrodisiac.

Wrong.

Power is an aphrodisiac. Money is just encouragement for being robbed by gold diggers.

I made the mistake recently of using my comfortable job to boast of my income etc. It turned the girl off. I was drunk and in a group of losers (some of her friends).

I have friends who don't make half I do, but are buff. They score left right and centre.

Conclusion. Money means nothing. Invest time in gym rather than work. Obviously a balance needs to exist but being overweight and well off (me) is nothing over being ripped.

Girls will overlook a lot. A hell of a lot.

Off to the gym, where I will be a lot, for ever.

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wallet

Never tell them your income, but they should be able to see it from your car, home and clothing.

Agree that you need the physique to pull initially, but for keeping them around beyond a few bangs the financial status helps.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not have both?

Ditch the gym and do 30-60 minutes in the morning of body weight exercises.

Generally speaking, all else being equal, it's better to have money than not have money, and it's better to be fit than not be fit.

I'd put BOTH of those above scoring with the odd gym honey.

Money is a means to an end.

Health is a means to an end.

The end, however, is not girls. They are merely a side effect.

AND, consider that it's a bit more complicated than just money and a six pack.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Taiyuu,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ very profound...You are so right,in the end Health is most things,it is helped by having Money and Genes...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruitbat said:
I made the mistake recently of using my comfortable job to boast of my income etc. It turned the girl off. I was drunk and in a group of losers (some of her friends).
Bragging about how much money you make is not attractive. Especially when you're bragging in front of people who are less fortunate. That's tacky.

taiyuu_otoko said:
Generally speaking, all else being equal, it's better to have money than not have money, and it's better to be fit than not be fit.
This. ^^^

taiyuu_otoko said:

Agree totally. But there's nothing wrong with getting girls, either.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Espi said:
Absolutely correct zekko. I don't understand the prevailing mentality that lifting weights and making money shouldn't be all about getting girls. What's wrong if it is? For me, it IS a powerful motivator. I want the best of everything--women, cars, etc. On days when I'm tempted to miss the gym or indulge in junk food, I think about some hot chick with big t1ts admiring my body and my car--and that's motivation enough for me to stay on track.

If you lift weights and work to get women then I feel sorry for you. I lift to get my anger out and relieve myself of the stresses of life and for an escape. I hate those phaggots who lift for women. If you're one of them, politely stay out of my squat rack.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I want the best of everything--women, cars, etc. On days when I'm tempted to miss the gym or indulge in junk food, I think about some hot chick with big t1ts admiring my body and my car--and that's motivation enough for me to stay on track.
What are you going to do when all that stuff fades away? And rest assured my friend, it will. Those days will be memories, albeit good ones, but still memories only. What will motivate you then?

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
Spoken like a true bodybuilding misc keyboard jockey.

Why do you get a haircut?

Buy new clothes?

Wear aftershave?

Shave your balls in the morning?

To look good for chicks.

Other than satisfying the basic needs of hunger and thirst sex is the single biggest motivator for humans. This is hardwired into us.

No-one here is saying sex is or should be the only influence in any man's career and personal decisions.

Only that it's disingenuous to say attracting hot young chicks with big boobs probably holds some sway in the decision making process.

We'll put your misreading of Espi's posts to youthful exuberance. Now, get off the MM's thread. You're too young to post here buddy.

Funny I hate the guys in the misc, I hate everyone on bodybuilding dot com. They are all unintelligent and know nothing.

No I don't wear after shave, shave my balls, or do anything I don't want to. Just because you are whipped by doing everything to get women/for women, doesn't mean I am. Stop trying to bring people to your conformist level.

Some of us lift for far better reasons.

And don't ever call me a misc faggit ever again. I have not and will never go on that forum for as long as I'm breathing.

Also I quoted his post because I liked it. I didn't rebuttle him in anyway.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
If you lift weights and work to get women then I feel sorry for you. I lift to get my anger out and relieve myself of the stresses of life and for an escape. I hate those phaggots who lift for women. If you're one of them, politely stay out of my squat rack.
I lift to relieve stress, and to stay healthy and strong as I get older. But Id be full of sh!t if I said attracting females was not part of my motivation. Lets be real here bro.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
8. Freedom and Time is priceless; more valuable than all the gold in the world. This is the main reason saving, and becoming independent from everyone and everything should be priority #1.

9. If you're a man and you're still breathing air, spend a healthy chunk of your time chasing tail. Biologically, its your duty and purpose.

10. Anyone that says money can't buy happiness never had any, didn't spend it in the right places, or on the right things. Enough of it can certainly buy you item #8 on my list, and #9 as well.
Considering one stays consistent you can always make a great body. I'll take the cash there's a huge difference between having a couple dollars vs having real wealth

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I lived in a city and was broke, money seemed like everything. But then when I later had a decent amount of money, I lived in a small town and there was nothing to spend it on. Where you live and the economic situations of the people around you determine the importance of money. If you're in a place where most people are poor, then being poor is perfectly normal, and should have nothing to do with having success with girls.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Porque no los dos?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lift because it's good for my health, to keep my strength up, because it's addicting, and also because I want the ladies to know I'm in shape. It's not all or nothing here, boys.

As for money, I like that for myself. Mainly right now I want it so I can be free from working, which I'm close to. But money can help with women if you use it to do fun things. It's all what you do with it.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It really isn't about one versus the other. Women look for more that one trait in a man. Scientifically speaking, from a biological standpoint, women are programmed to seek out specific things in a male mate.

Three big ones women look for on an almost subconscious level:

1) Kindness and willingness to share resources, hence the wealth questions that always seems to pop up on sosuave. It's not so much about wealth as willingness or perceived willingness to share resources such as money, time, emotional sharing, you name it, they want it. You could be a billionaire, but be stingy with your resources to a woman it's huge turn off. An analogy for a man is being with a supermodel who will never give her man sex. Such a woman is useless to a man. Of note, women are also programmed to underestimate a man's willingness to provide resources, eg her detector is calibrated to be less sensitive to help find the men that really will commit. Personally, I think that's where part of their testing really comes in and the tests are less about being alpha and more about ability to provide resources.

2) Ability to protect the woman from other men, eg rape. In early times, war wasn't like it is now. War was about going to the neighboring villiage, killing all the men and taking their best women. These days, war sucks for men. Men don't get the reward they used to. Anyway, women are programmed to seek men that can protect them from situations like war and from men from their own village raping them, hence the physique question that also always seems to pop up on so suave. Women need to feel their man can protect them from other men. Muscles are useful for fending off males that may want to take advantage of a man's woman.

3) Good genes. Physique and athleticism do show off genes to a woman. However, there was a recent study where women who knew nothing about cycling were given photos of professional male cyclist and asked to pick out the most attractive men. Most of the women, just by looking at the face picked out repeated world champions. Bottom line, a man's face tells a woman much about his genes, probably more than seeing him do chest presses at the gym.

All women are programmed to seek out the above. It's a subconscious thing and it's responsible for the success of our species to date. Like it or not, it's how we all got to be here today.

All the stuff on sosuave is basically about the how-to-do, but seldom about the why. The whole alpha thing really comes down to displaying to a woman that you can protect her and your the kind of guy that obtain resources. When you analyze the mystery method, it's really about showing a woman you are attracted to her enough to provide resources, specifically your time. I think the understanding of the why is just as important as the how-to-do when dealing with women.

Source: Evolution of Desire by David Buss

Note, all of the above excludes women's childhood issues and their tendency to be in familiar childhood situations when picking their adult relationships, which is another topic entirely. But obviously, that comes into play when a women makes her choices about a man.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bmp2cpm said:
When you analyze the mystery method, it's really about showing a woman you are attracted to her enough to provide resources, specifically your time.
Not sure about Mystery Method, but I always get the impression from reading SoSuave that they advocate giving the impression that you are NOT attracted to her enough to provide resources. Usually they talk about giving the impression that you have many other options, so she will have to give you reasons to be attracted to her. Then they tell to NOT be too available to her, which is the very opposite of giving her your time. Another thing they say is that if you give the impression that you are too willing to commit resources to her, then that's beta. Even Mystery was heavily into the "don't buy a girl a drink" philosophy.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's interesting to compare what your saying to the usual PUA dogma. Of course, most of that is geared toward getting one night stands instead of commitment. And what they say there is that women will tend to choose the player when they want a pump and dump, not the guy who is willing to commit resources to her.

I don't really have much of an opinion over which is right or wrong. I tend to think that this stuff is not as cut and dried as people make it out to be.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
Deluding yourself.

That's like women who get tit jobs to "feel confident"

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
is there a way to thumb down a post?

this is a terrible and false mentality to have.

your'e only lying to yourself

How so? I only lie to myself on weekends when I'm "DonJuanMacgon, billionaire extraordinaire " ;)

I think it's funny to see people attacking my post and calling me "deluding", "lying to yourself". Just goes to show who really has the balls on SS. People always attack, never nicley disagree. They see someone else's view point on a question and they attack it because it's not what they're doing. Funny. I'd drop that bad habbit. I mean this is Mm right?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
I lift because the results of weight lifting (looking good/feeling good/being healthy) are also a strong indicator of good health/genes which is very attractive to women. and i love women so, yes, i lift because it becomes infinitely easier to bag'em an' tag'em and to me, any guy who says he lifts "for himself" is full of shlt.
Everybody almost always says "I lift for myself" on this forum. But this is a site about seducing and attracting women and the first thing they tell you when you walk in the door is to hit the gym. So how much sense does that make?

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with having multiple reasons to exercise. The end result is beneficial regardless. In fact, I'd say the more reasons you have, the better off you are. You have more motivation.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with JohnChops, I think he's going deeper than many of you. Of course working out helps with getting women. It helps confidence and looks, two main female attraction traits. But you can also get those traits from other things. I work out to feel good and be more productive. I shouldn't say work out....I don't lift weights any more. Maybe that is a more vane approach than what I do. I walk, run sprints, do a lot of bodyweight exercises and flexibility training. I also do a good bit of physical work in the yard by choice (I'm not paying for gym memberships anymore, and my time is limited, so 2 birds with 1 stone I suppose). So at it's core, I'm not looking for those vanity type muscles, so let's not kid ourselves into thinking that looking 'hot' and getting girls is all exercising is about. Physical movement of our bodies and expending energy is necessary for proper well-being.

All you bench press and curl jockeys out there, sure, you're working out for women. And nothing wrong with that. At all. But not everybody is doing it for those reasons.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Why not have both?

Ditch the gym and do 30-60 minutes in the morning of body weight exercises.

AND, consider that it's a bit more complicated than just money and a six pack.
Basically the long and short of it, to sum everything up, the dichotomy of success with women is also success in life