Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wait problems...

Aspiringalpha87

Reaction score
So I'm brand new to this alpha way of thinking and am trying to embrace it and its ideals. The one thing I was wondering before I really dig in here was since I'm a heavy guy (6ft and 300lbs but hides a lot of it well) should I try to lose some weight and get in shape before throwing myself into the alpha pool or is that a Beta way of setting up obstacles for myself? I've often found that the difference between ****y and confident comes down to looks more often than not. If you aren't the best looking you come off as arrogant but if you are good looking you come across as confident and women will overlook you crossing the line into being an *******. If this is just an AFC way of thinking let me know. Thanks

P.S. I know it is spelled weight but I was using a play on words to be funny and clever :)

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Work on everything all at once, brother.

Work on your physique, but don't wait until you're perfect before you put yourself out there.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it sounds like Psychobabble Horse Crap, but you really do have to respect yourself before you can expect other people to respect you. Do what you like to do in your life and collect experiences. If you wait until you are physically "perfect" to go after what you want, you will never start. That is because we always up our standards as we progress towards and achieve our goals in life.

Women are going to be more attracted to a confident happy guy who makes them feel good to be around than an insecure good looking fit guy. Believe me , I weighed 50 pounds more than any of the other runners in our training groups, and I was the guy the girls were hugging up on. I was friendly with guys and girls alike, I treated people with courtesy but did what I had to do to get my runs done, at my pace, and I became a part of the social circle despite my lack of similar background or body type. Believe me I got more respect from persevering since I "didn't look like a runner" than some lean due who was running 6 minute miles.

8 years later after starting my running training at 250 # , I'm 25 pound lighter, 10% lower Body fat, running much longer and stronger, newly single, and these women are actively engaging me, and asking ME out, or trying to get me to date their friends.

Being alpha is about the respect you engender from other people around you.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your logic is almost correct. Yes, good looking people come across as confident. But this is because good looking people have been receiving compliments and had girls drooling over them since they were teenagers. This has built their confidence over the years massively. Average and ugly people don't have this, therefore they have less confidence with women, therefore they cone across as fake and don't get away with what the good looking people do.

There are other ways to appear confident and build it. It firstly needs to be genuine and not fake. It just doesn't have to come from looks only. It can come from money, status, achievements, nice clothes, dance skills, communication skills, etc. Luckily looks can be improved for those who weren't gifted in the looks department.

Lose the weight, but as you lose it, get better in another areas also.