Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Vincents Workout Log

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys, here's where I'm gonna post about what I did so you can be sure I'm doing good.

Monday: Worked 7:30-5, softball game at 530, got home @7, at dinner, went to friends. Didn't have time to run but the game gave me some activity so it wasn't all bad. Only drank 2 cokes all day, so that was an improvent.

Tuesday: Worked 8-530, got home. Ran a solid mile, 2nd mile I walked about 3/4 of it because I felt sick. It's a good start though and I'm sure after a couple more days I'll be able to run 2 miles. Again, 2 cokes all day, drank a water for lunch.

Weight: 154

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well youre certainly not lacking in the cardio lol...

So vincent I may have missed this in another post, but Im unsure what your short and long term goals are...its hard to say if youre doing things right if we dont know what youre trying to achieve ya know?

good call on minimizing coke. I found after i gave it up i found drinking it largely undesireable.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to lose the weight I gained over the school year. Hopefully put on a few good pounds.

At the moment I don't have a gym membership because I left my card in my car which my dad took to the airport. I'll get it back on friday and I'll start up with that on monday.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75905

Theres my previous thread if you want to look it over. I haven't made any real changes in my diet except for cutting out sodas.

Ok quiting time. Runnin when I get home, I'll keep ya updated ;)

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah.good call keeping the sodas down.i personally dont drink anything but country time lemonade and water unless im at a friends house,cause i dont want to seem rude.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wed: Well running went a little better, still couldn't make the entire 2 miles but I ran more this time then the previous day. The only soda I drank all day was when I was at lunch. The day went pretty well except I ate way too much at lunch, but I didn't eat a very big dinner so I guess it kind of balances out...

Running again today, I talked to my friend who's a pretty serious runner and he gave me some tips so hopefully I'll be able to do better.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 154 lbs you want to lose weight?

Watch your diet, eat small meals based around a protein source six times a day, your cardio schedule seems excessive though.

Combine with a weights workout for optimal fat-burning, muscle-building goodness.

Training smart doesn't necessarily mean running your guts out!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am watching what I eat. Also, I hardly consider running 2 miles excessive though.

I want to lose fat, but also put on muscle mass. I think it's stupid to be muscular and fat so I'm focusing on losing my fat.

Thursday: Calves were very sore so I knew there was no way I could come close to 2 miles. I tryed running a mile and a half. Did about as good as I was expecting as sore as I was. I'm trying to decide whether I should spend the money to get a full months membership or wait 5 more days and get a half month. The half month sounds like a better deal so that's likely what I'm gonna do which pisses me off because I want to get to the gym.

Calves are still sore today I think I'm just gonna go for a mile, It's a little harder just doing a mile because when I run 2 miles the first mile is mostly downhill/easy slopes while the 2nd mile has a lot of steep grade hills (the joys of living in the mountains)

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry for the late update, I'm sure you all are crushed.

Friday: Calves were killing me, it hurt to walk so I decided I'd take the day + weekend off to let them recover.

Monday: Softball game so no time to run.

Tuesday: Decided to try and run a solid mile because 2 miles was too much and there was no way I could make it up the hills afterward, except I couldn't do it. I hate living it the mountains :mad: So I've now set my goal to be able to run a solid mile up the hills.

I still need to find my gym card, hopefully I'll be able to start tomorrow if I do.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am watching what I eat. Also, I hardly consider running 2 miles excessive though.
Maybe not, but can you recover in time to work out at peak efficiency? If so, fair enough!

Also you've got to ask yourself if the cardio is really necessary at your current weight. Just by changing your diet and starting weights might get rid of fat.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Also you've got to ask yourself if the cardio is really necessary at your current weight. Just by changing your diet and starting weights might get rid of fat.
It's not just about losing fat it's also about getting into shape. :)

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperGigaloDJ
Vincent it's good you're working out now. Keep with it!!

A big tip for you.. Stretch out your calves!! You should stretch your whole body before and after you run.

Stretch out your calves a few times during the day. It only takes 20 seconds!!

:cool:
Amen to that! Also, try those gel insoles from Dr. Scholes (sp?) if your calves continue to hurt too much. Some pain is good (it means you are working) but if it hurts TOO much or takes too long to heal, you might have done something wrong. Plus, nothing like having some more cushion on your feet during running.

Also, don't just stretch your calves, but your achellies.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I talked to my runner friend and he told me pretty much the same thing as you guys :)

He also recomended me getting some new running shoes, I think I just might...

It only took a day to fully heal so I'm not too worried.

Right now the weather looks like crap :mad: (30mph winds, raining) I hope it clears up...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You obviously don't know what it's like to be in a dust storm. It basically feels like you are getting pelted by clumps of dirt. And if I can't see, it's a little hard to run.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pffffff dust storms
:rolleyes:

I was out running when it was - 22 *F and snow blowing up my ass crack.

:p

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust storms are a little worse then cold weather, because 1, there's 30-50 mph windows blowing 30-50 mph pieces of dirt at you, and if it's raining during these, they become little rocks that hurt like hell :) Plus it's impossible to see anything, and your movement is completely hindered.

Come stand in one, see how much fun they are :)

But anyways, that's not why I didn't run. The weather actualy cleared up quite nice, but i got home from work at like 5:55, then I ate dinner at like 6, so I didn't have time to run after I ate. Then, even if i wanted to run after dinner I'd get about a half mile and would cramp up really bad. But that's really not a good excuse, pretty much I was being a lazy ass and didn't take the time to run. :mad: Oh well, no more excuses. :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
It's not just about losing fat it's also about getting into shape. :)
Cardiovascular fitness won't improve quickly if you work out too hard to recover from it!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Cardiovascular fitness won't improve quickly if you work out too hard to recover from it!
Hmm, I know I can do what I've been trying to do, its just doing it consistently is my goal :)

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well after a damn week and a half break I finally got off my ass and ran again. It sucked and I'll be damned if I let myself slip like this again.

Well as I said I was having a lot of problems with my calves and since stretching wasn't enough I figured I needed new shoes. Took me a week to get my ass to a store and buy a pair. This was monday. Tuesday I had a softball game so I didn't run.

Wednesday: Tried to run a mile, ran the half mile fine but this is all downhill so it's really easy, 2nd half i ran about 1/10 of a mile then felt really nautious so I walked it. I'm not proud but if this is the punishment for resting a week, I'll suck it up and do better today.

I also got a gym membership, so I'm gonna tear up my room to find my card so I don't have to pay 20 bucks for a new membership.