VIDEO: Texting Sucks

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

Beating a dead horse into the ground, but... for all you people that say "oh, girls in today's generation are all about texting, you have to text them to reach out to them, otherwise they won't want to talk to you, their mouths don't work and they only know how to communicate with their fingers..." lol, you get the point. Well, here's a video for ya called...

TEXTING SUCKS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtrKdBY6cjM

Enjoy!

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you have to text or call to set up a date. Unless you wanna start sending emails like its 2001 and asking for home phone numbers... Yeah I've been to that side of SS... :whistle:

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude texting does not suck. If you don't want to then don't do it. Is it really that hard??? A lot of us have gotten lays from doing lots of texting, no texting and all points in between. If you know as much as you say you do you should know that there's no universal truth with women.

Have you considered that maybe YOUR texting game sucks????

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruh I literally got this girl(8.5 for her age) to make out, touching, grabbing. From just texting her. I had never even seen her before. Texting is really important now a days.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Don't ever take advice from a girl.

* Disclaimer: this is a sosuave 'in-joke'.

spiegel549

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I am not a huge fan of texting. I still do it though. I'm 27 and every female I date prefers texts over calls.

The main problem isn't texting kills, its OVER texting kills. Most guys will send a ton of messages to a girl they just met and it just SCREAMS desperate. If used to small talk, set up dates, confirm an address etc then its useful. Texting to ask a girl you just met how her day is...is a no go.

Just my 2 cents

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spiegel549 said:
Personally I am not a huge fan of texting. I still do it though. I'm 27 and every female I date prefers texts over calls.

The main problem isn't texting kills, its OVER texting kills. Most guys will send a ton of messages to a girl they just met and it just SCREAMS desperate. If used to small talk, set up dates, confirm an address etc then its useful. Texting to ask a girl you just met how her day is...is a no go.

Just my 2 cents
Yeah that's at the beginning. Can't over do it.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spiegel549 said:
...every female I date prefers texts over calls.
If YOU like to text, text.

If you're texting because girls "prefer" texting then it's a no go.

I never had a girl become uninterested in me because I called her when she "preferred" a text.

Of course, common sense suggests you should call and text when either is necessary.

goldengoose

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this who you get all your dating advice from Harry? Some mediocre looking chick off a You Tube Video?

You and others have been beating this horse dead for almost 2 years now.

This texting argument between you and others is really old. Nobody is taking it seriously anymore. In fact, it's getting more annoying than these BPD threads. Your texting argument has been taken a part by posters in here.

Harry, you have to understand that there are billions of people in the world. There is always one person out there that is not going to like something. I know a girl who hates pizza. Does that mean every girl hates pizza? No. She would give me a biased opinion about pizza because she doesn't like to eat it. The opinion of one chick in a video about texting shouldn't matter when there are millions of other chicks who think different.

I find it quite strange that you would base all your texting opinions on the advice of one chick. I don't take a guy seriously who takes advice from a chick anyway.

I can tell you one thing though, this chick would be texting some dude that she thought was hot and wanted to get boned by. Then all of her "advice" wouldn't mean sh1t. Guys, never take what chicks say seriously at all, especially when it comes to stuff like this.

I personally don't like texting myself, but I don't go around making bogus claims that it sucks or doesn't work because most girls will text you.

The girls that I meet all end up texting me. It's something that you can't really avoid. I'm not sure why you aren't getting texts from the women you try to date.

Most of dating is common sense, never do too much of anything, don't take advice from a mediocre looking chick, and you will do fine.

Harry, what's up with all this bad advice you're giving?

Frayzer said:
Well you have to text or call to set up a date. Unless you wanna start sending emails like its 2001 and asking for home phone numbers... Yeah I've been to that side of SS... :whistle:
Actually, sending an email is texting so that wouldn't work.

yyc12 said:
Dude texting does not suck. If you don't want to then don't do it. Is it really that hard??? A lot of us have gotten lays from doing lots of texting, no texting and all points in between. If you know as much as you say you do you should know that there's no universal truth with women.

Have you considered that maybe YOUR texting game sucks????
Well, you can't argue with any of this.

May_Day

Don Juan
Reaction score
Harry Wilmington said:
for all you people that say "oh, girls in today's generation are all about texting, you have to text them to reach out to them, otherwise they won't want to talk to you, their mouths don't work and they only know how to communicate with their fingers..." lol, you get the point. Well, here's a video for ya called...

TEXTING SUCKS
Girls text when they can't use their mouths, it's an easy way for them to talk. I think that you think texting is the ONLY way people are talking, that isn't true. Texting is just another way to talk when you can't really talk. You're supposed to be a relationship expert?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bıtches don't even know how to speak courteously on the phone even if you do call them! Business-wise and personally. You gotta up your text game, it's a requirement. Keep it short and you're golden.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is way too much emphasis put on texting on here. It's such a minor part of interactions, it's simply a way to keep in touch with someone when they're not face to face. The debate in general is probably causing more problems for guys because they'll end up getting too caught up in this rather than what's actually important. It's time to drop the whole debate, it's a load of crap and get onto topics which are more important.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr Wright said:
There is way too much emphasis put on texting on here. It's such a minor part of interactions, it's simply a way to keep in touch with someone when they're not face to face. The debate in general is probably causing more problems for guys because they'll end up getting too caught up in this rather than what's actually important. It's time to drop the whole debate, it's a load of crap and get onto topics which are more important.
I agree with this mostly.

Texting is a valuable, valuable tool. Harry, i completely understand where you are coming from.

For those who are adequate or less than adequate at text game... by texting more than minimally, you will shoot yourself in the foot.

BUT, for those with very solid text game, texting can do anything ranging from merely raising her interest level a small amount ....to ramping up her interest level to such a degree that she is wet and begging for your c0ck.

I believe there is a middle ground here.

These days, texting is a crucial skill in game and one that is a requirement. However, it is just one of many parts of your game and if other parts of your game are lacking, then it is of little importance how good your text game.

Before I was good at text game... I hated texting. I believed that everything I said put me one step closer to blowing it with a girl. However, once I became good at it, I felt like I had a one up on almost every other guy around me, and I have the firm belief that I can use texting to turn an otherwise dead lead into a potential hookup or date.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fvcking HATE 18 year old girls with terrible body language and voice tonality like this one... Accentuating words by jumping with her whole body, making spastic faces like she's eating a lemon or changing the pitch of her voice like one does when being startled. Can't they just talk in a NORMAL manner?

I'd rather text this chick than talk to her in real life, I can tell you that...

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea how a guy could run MLTRs without texting.

I often text chicks when I'm out with other chicks. I'll text chicks while sitting on the couch watching a movie with one of my girlfriends. I can't exactly sit there talking with the other girl on the phone.

Like "slut shaming," this is something I cannot fathom about the "advice" given here. I think 90% of the advice given on Sosuave is by guys who have absolutely no experience with chicks. I simply don't understand it.

How can I lie in bed in one girl's apartment while she's asleep and have two simultaneous conversations with other women without using text messaging? Someone please tell me.