Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Vasectomy - Wise decision ?

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am geting to my 30's and I am seriously thinking about a vasectomy. I don't have any kids, and really don't plan to have any, but I am afraid that some day I might regret. Considering that children cost a lot and you might get stuck with a crazy biatch for the rest of your life, I think a vasectomy is a good idea. I talked to my mom about it and she went berserk with me(dont know why)

There is anyone who has done it here ? Is something that someone might regret ?

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These days you can what is called the snip which is permanent, or the clip, which can be removed so you can have children if you wish and at your age the latter is better. Or you can have sperm frozen for a later date.

I had the full snip when I was 33, but I did have three kids and didn't want anymore. And don't take any notice of all the tales that go with the op - it doesn't lower your sex drive (it makes it better as you are more relaxed), it doesn't make you gay or make your hair drop out or give you huge bra-busting man-breasts.

It was one of the best things I ever did, but only do it if you are sure. Children made me more of man as I had to step out of my comfort zone on a daily basis and kinda made me grow up. However, if you really don't want any at all, its best to cut, but you still might live to regret it. The say life begins at 40, and believe me it does, and when it does you might change you mind and want ankle biters around in your life.

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These days you can what is called the snip which is permanent, or the clip, which can be removed so you can have children if you wish and at your age the latter is better. Or you can have sperm frozen for a later date.
I did not know that there was a soft version that could be removed.

I guess theres really not a reason not to do it, besides the dicounfort of the cirurgy, but you know, better than taking care of kids you dont want with a woman you dont want.

Its a date then. For my 30 years birthday, it will be a gift from myself to myself.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SXS said:
I did not know that there was a soft version that could be removed.

I guess theres really not a reason not to do it, besides the dicounfort of the cirurgy, but you know, better than taking care of kids you dont want with a woman you dont want.

Its a date then. For my 30 years birthday, it will be a gift from myself to myself.
What if you later meet the woman you do want, who wants kids more than you don't want her? :rolleyes: I'm siding with your mom.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think what azanon is trying to say is, "what if you meet a woman who wants kids, and you want her so bad that you'll give in to her demands, lest she walk out on you"

DJs don't break down to a woman's demands. Especially on an issue as enormous as kids. Besides that, remember that once a woman has kids she has a strong tendency to ignore your sex life in favor of the kids.

Kids are something you do or do not want. But im not 40 yrs old, if that means something, as an above poster said.

BobMo'

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are only 28, for Crise Sake! That's half my age. I fathered my daughter at 37.
If you do have the surgery (that's the correct spelling, BTW), make sure you freeze some semen first, because someday you might meet the right woman for you, and if she wants kids with you, and you can't deliver, you won't be qualified in her eyes, and she'll find another guy who can. And you're not only sterile, but you've got a broken heart.
Your mom is right about this.
Sincerely,
Daddy-O

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To just add to my original post - life has away of playing strange games on you and just when you thinking that you are steaming nice down one track, life will come along and switch you on to another track.

In other words, 28/30 is far too young to make that decision just yet, and see where life takes you. Not all women are bad, there are a few genuine good ones, and you might change your mind in 5 years time if you do in fact meet Mrs Right and decided that perhaps I do after all want children.

You are looking at this with your wallet in mind and not your heart. Children can enrich your life, not destroy it - and have you considered the prospect and joy of being a grand-father or even a great-grand-father?

Think before you snip.....

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are looking at this with your wallet in mind and not your heart. Children can enrich your life, not destroy it -
I don't know, I look at the people who have children at my age, and its not like their life is a dream. I want to retire early, and dedicate myself to others things. I am thinking about 20 or 30 years on the future.

and have you considered the prospect and joy of being a grand-father or even a great-grand-father?
My grand father got kicked out of the house he build with his own hands. He today is almost totally blind and none of his sons can afford(or want to) the surgery that can help him. He lives in terrible hell hole with a minimum retirement paycheck. I do never want to end up like him after a life of hard work.

Think before you snip.....
Well, I have yet one year and a half to think, but I doubt that I will ever meet a woman who will make me want children.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
F*ck kids. I've never wanted kids either SXS. Not that I hate kids, but they're too much of a responsibility, especially financial..I've got enough responsibilities in this life, so why add to it and complicate things? Kids get in between you and the Mrs. Now you and your wife can't enjoy each other as much, because now kids are in the picture. You can't take those trips that you once used to, can't enjoy the nightlife/daylife together like you once used to, because now kids are in the picture. You can't have sex as much as you used to. It creates a big obstacle that people don't realize until they've gone that road. Now that kids are in the picture, you also have to deal with temper tantrums, nagging, crying, and whining. Not only that, but your kid can likely become a deviant who always gets in trouble, especially with the law. Now you have to worry about that. Kids just equal too much unnecessary stress that can so easily be avoided by making one simple decision; not to have kids. Life is stressful enough, why add to it? There are much more negatives to having kids than there are positives.

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had it done after my daughter was born (17 years ago). Didn't want any more kids as I got a boy as well. It is a personal decision - but I have my kids, which is important to me.

As for the side effects, such as losing your manhood or shooting blanks. Thats all BS! There is NO difference at all.

I am single again and the peace of mind Knowing you cannot have any more children makes it worth it.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
i think what azanon is trying to say is, "what if you meet a woman who wants kids, and you want her so bad that you'll give in to her demands, lest she walk out on you"
6 in one, half-a-dozen the other. :rolleyes:

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the past year or two I have been thinking about getting a vasectomy and spoke to a vascetomized good friend a few nights ago. I'm still far from decisive but I'm inching closer to an affirmative decision. Aside from lacking a strong desire to have children, I'm too old to have children—not in the biological sense but in fatherhood, because I will be nearly 50 by the time a child reaches 18 years old; there would be no "Kids are gone and I'm still hitting my stride." If anything, I may donate some of my sailors to charity.

Who needs children? Life is far too interesting being selfish.
Someday you might meet the right woman for you, and if she wants kids with you, and you can't deliver, you won't be qualified in her eyes.
Then so be it.

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, if this news about the man pills are true, that is more than wonderfull. Though it's hard to believe it has no side effects whatsoever. Iheard also about a medicine that prevents herpes for like ten days.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
Life is stressful enough, why add to it? There are much more negatives to having kids than there are positives.

I don't have anywhere near the amount of free time that i want now. I can't picture myself having any time after work to give to slaving to clean up their messes.

I'm too hermity to have them. I really require alone time.

Someday you might meet the right woman for you, and if she wants kids with you, and you can't deliver, you won't be qualified in her eyes.
"The?" That implies one.

And sounds like i disqualified her already by her wanting them.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Even though I don't plan to have kids at this time, I want to retain the ability to knock women up. I also never spade or neuter any of my pets although I think that procedure is different from a vasectomy.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Even though I don't plan to have kids at this time, I want to retain the ability to knock women up.

Hmm. Maybe right now when i'm rationally thinking is the time to get this done instead of getting caught up in emotion later on and stupidly agreeing to father children.

Scuba

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not recommending you to get it done or not to get it done, that is a personal decision to make. But listen to the situation I'm in now.

I am the proud father of an 8 week old little girl, from a psycho ex. My story is the same as all the other BPD stories on this forum so I won't go into it, but let me tell you brotha' it sucks!

It costs under a grand to get your sperm frozen and that includes storage for the first year. After that it is under $40 a month for the storage. I am going to do this in the next few months then get clipped.

$40 a month for the peace of mind of not having to deal with another situation like this accidentally ever again plus being able to father another child or two in the future if I CHOOSE to is well worth every single penny!

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. I wish it were as easy for women. I've never really been interested in motherhood.

Look, you might change your mind in the future... and it would be a hard regret to live with if you did indeed decide you want children, after the fact. I think the freezing/storage idea is a good one.

Now, I'm not really educated on this subject, but I think you should know... my mom became pregnant with my sister a few months after my dad's vasectomy... and no, she didn't cheat. Just goes to show nothing is really ever fool-proof.

Are vasectomies reversible? Is freezing necessary? If you are just severing the Vas deferens and not removing the testicles, would there not be a way to retrieve sperm? I don't know, with a syringe, maybe? :D

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not interested in removing my testivles.

Are you a woman by any chance ? Why using pink ?