Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Valentine's day: Did she turn me down?

the_gunslinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys

So I asked this girl if she would like to go for a meal or something on Valentine's day. Seem's fair enough to me, i'd laid the ground work, done some c/f, followed pimpologist's conversing for maximum attraction to the letter. I was expecting "sure", seen as she was moaning about how no-one ever ask's her out.

What she said was "Maybe"

And then she started going on about last year's valentine's day, and how she never managed to pull. :confused:

Now, while I'm well aware that an amber light changes to a red light more ofteh than not, im genuinely confused. . How do I interpret this:

a: She means no, but she doesnt want to tell me she mean's no.

b: She's stringing me along in case she gets a better offer. if she doesnt, i'll be a distraction to inflate her ego for the night

c: She's genuinely going to think about it

d: She says yes, but she's playing hard to get.

Just for the record, im not the greatest looking guy in the world:

www.myspace.com/hlokk

so, any ideas?

dik_jangles

Reaction score
I think shes going for a bit of B and C - Genuinly going to think about it - maybe she 'IS' out to look for a better offer.. so show her that there is NO better offer!!.. this, ill leave in your hands. ive seen ure pic and i think ud look good in a black shirt, but dont over dress..'to you, this is no big deal.. just like any other day', but make her feel warm and charmed more than usual

hope this has helped at least a bit
good luck buddy

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just curious, if you ask someone out on a first date on Valentines day, are you making the date a bigger deal than it actually is?

Dr. Strangelove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vorbis
just curious, if you ask someone out on a first date on Valentines day, are you making the date a bigger deal than it actually is?
IMHO, St. Valentine's Day isn't suitable for a first date. It's a day for an already formed and consolidated couples. Having a first date on that day is, plain and simple, inadecuate.

The atmosphere in a first date is always a bit too charged. It's not good to charge it even more doing things like going to watch a romantic movie or having it on St. Valentine's Day.

Even if it's a date with a really hot chick...it can wait at least 24 hours more, couldn't it?.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not for nothing but it's January 26th. Valentine;s Day is like 3 weeeks away lol. Why don't you try taking her out a couple times b4 that and then you'll see where you stand. If it don't work out you'll save yourself some cash buying Valentine's Day gifts for someone who's not interested.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
IMHO, St. Valentine's Day isn't suitable for a first date. It's a day for an already formed and consolidated couples. Having a first date on that day is, plain and simple, inadecuate.

The atmosphere in a first date is always a bit too charged. It's not good to charge it even more doing things like going to watch a romantic movie or having it on St. Valentine's Day.

Even if it's a date with a really hot chick...it can wait at least 24 hours more, couldn't it?.
yup

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't maybe mean 'no' in womenese? Anything but a 'yes' or a 'sure' is not a good sign.

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
I realize you are not confident about your looks when you said "I'm not the greatest looking guy in the world"

So here are a few ideas;
First, get a new pair of glasses. That pair gives off a "come fix my computer vibe" and makes you appear too mild-mannered unless you are looking to attract fat women. Second, change that picture! Your head looks too crunched up. Third, your "About me:" is fine but all I really see is your age that you're a student and then bandnames, bandnames,bandnames and that makes me stop reading right away. I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad, I am telling you this so you can improve your game, and this part of it is very easy.

Get more friends, preferably females, attractive ones! to put on your list.