Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Using magic tricks to get chicks....

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been getting myself back into doing approaches again the past few weeks, and I'd like to discuss using magic as a way of breaking the ice with girls.

Magic has been a hobby of mine for around 2.5 years, but I only recently started taking it seriously. I've recently learned 3 excellent tricks that I can do well.

I read somewhere about using magic as an icebreaker, so in the past week I decided to try the tricks I've learned on a few girls. Well, let me tell you, it worked SO WELL and EVERY girl (or girls!) I approached were friendly and let me do the tricks for them. There was NO BI*CHINESS, NO COLD SHOULDER etc.

I have tried this 8 times so far, on girls alone or in pairs. I tried it on a train, in a bar and in a burger place. Like I said, all the girls seemed fascinated with me, and were very friendly. No other opener I've tried has ever worked so well. The thing I must do now is carry on the conversation with them, eventually leading to number closes, after I've done the tricks.

I would like your opinions on this, because it works trust me!

Why do you think girls go for magician types?

Finally, I need advice on how I can carry on a conversation after doing the tricks. I want to score with the girls I do tricks for of course.

Thanks.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Golden Leaf
There's also the "Photographer" opening

and "Artist" openings

You don't have to be skilled there just ice breakers
What are these openers? How can they be used to get girls?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hamaraz
Thats gay.
Thank you SO MUCH for your helpful response, you idiot. It's people like you that are sending this forum downhill.

Now can a REAL DJ give me the advice I'm looking for please?

Overhand_Right

Reaction score
Awesome idea. I have a few decent card tricks that are merely having fast hands, but it really makes people excited. I could definitely see this excitement translate into high IL. What are some of your tricks? I assume you keep them simple.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, don't know whether this is the kind of advice you're looking for, but here it is. One, I don't do magic tricks, but I'm a scientist when it comes to card tricks. I can figure out any card trick I see, and I have no problem repeating them. I also have a friend who is an awesome trick shot at pool, and can make people's jaws hang in amazement.

I'll tell you right now, don't use these tricks on your initial approach. Yes they are cool, and they get them interested, but if you do it directly, just for them, it comes off as desperate. Instead, do it for other people. I'll explain.

A couple of months ago, before I graduated from University, I was hanging out at the campus pub with some friends, and this dude I know from class came in with gf and his bro. So he introduces us, and tells them I'm a master when it comes to card tricks. So then I get asked to show them some. So I do a couple of tricks, and they become enthralled.

Now, initially I just did these tricks for my buddy, his gf, his bro and the rest of my friends. About 10-15 mins in however, I had the attention of almost every person in the bar. People were leaving their tables, and standing in a semi-circle around our booth trying to figure out how I was doing these tricks. Then I did this trick that David Blaine does (you know, the one where he pulls the card out of his mouth), and the entire crowd exploded with a "wtf how did he do that". Almost every girl in the joint was flipping out. Now, this does give an ego boost, but I didn't show it at the time. I was in my zone, where I didn't care whether or not I entertained these people, where it was just me, and a deck of cards.

Anyway, 2 days later, my class ends early, and I'm at the pub, sitting at a table by myself, reading some notes, and waiting for my friend to get out of his class so we can go fishing. This girl, who I don't recognize, approaches my table, and tells me how amazed she was at my tricks the other day, and if I could do them again.

I get her name (first things first), then I tell her that I don't have any cards on me at the moment (which was a lie, I just didn't feel like doing any tricks at the time, besides I'm not her personal entertainment monkey). Then I tell her to have a seat. She sits down, we start talking, and I'm asking her questions about herself. What class she just came from, what her major is, what she wants to do with it, etc. Question by question, I get her to open up to me. My buddy comes at last, I introduce them, and then I tell her that I have to take off, and ask her for her number. I get it, and take off.

Few days later, I gave her a call, and we started dating.

Now, back then, I didn't know about sosuave, and I didn't know what exactly I did to attract this girl. I thought it was just my card tricks that made her notice me. Then once I discovered sosuave and the DJ bible, it all dawned on me.

I was entertaining a whole crowd of people, and it didn't bother me. It showed confidence. Also, keeping the attention of everybody in the bar gave me a higher status at the time. By doing them for everybody, I wasn't desperate. I didn't go out of my way to impress this girl. When she asked me to do a trick FOR HER, I declined, asked her to sit down and asked her questions about herself. At the time I didn't know it, but I was making her impress me.

Moral of the story, don't go out of your way to impress a girl, it makes you look desperate. If you're just approaching out of the blue, use normal conversation and do a number close. Otherwise, you can come off as if you're trying too hard.

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as the tricks go, you want stuff that's fast and simple. Being able to let people see the props afterwards and not have them figure the trick out is a big plus. Using tricks that you can do with whatever happens to be lying around (coin tricks, for example) is a HUGE plus.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to tell you right now, from experience, that using magic to break the ice is a very bad idea. Back in sophomore year high school, I was an accomplished magician. I had all the tricks down, cards, coins, cans, everything. Very nerdy, I know, but what I learned from doing it over the course of a full year, magic is a terrible ice breaker and it's a terrible way to make friends.

First off, the persons first impression of you is that you are a magician. Doesn't sound so bad so far, but keep going. They see you as their entertainer. Basically, you're fighting for a way for them to like you and be entertained by you, rather than for liking you for being just you. Everyday people would come and ask "Hey, what new trick do you have for me today?" And I had enough tricks to just about go through a full semester. But you can only do so many tricks. People ended up calling me Magical Mike and whatever, but I ran out, I was broke, the people were no longer entertained and just like the rest of high school, things move on.

Of course she didn't give you the cold shoulder, she was interested in THE TRICK, not interested in you. Once you run out of tricks, they are no longer entertained, and entertainment seemed to be your only true purpose in the beginning. Sure, you can pull a few tricks off at Poker night with the guys for giggles, or maybe show your girlfriend a trick you learned as a kid, but when they are impressed or amazed by you, you gain nothing. You lose the challenge of having them go after you for anything other than a few magic tricks to be mystified.

If you want to learn some tricks PM me, but the truth is, there isn't good behind it. Even if David Blaine had a girlfriend, it'd start off with her asking "Can I see a trick?" about every 5 minutes at home, at breakfast, at lunch, and at dinner. My advice is to throw away the cards, you aren't a girls entertainer, she needs to be striving for your attention, not you for hers.

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magic tricks are one of the primary tools that Mystery does as part of the Mystery Method. It isn’t necessarily used as an opener (though it can be), but as a DHV (Demonstration of Higher Value). You’re entertaining a group of people, doing something cool, keeping the target unsure of where she stands in relation to you, etc. Now, generally speaking girls DO know that you’re just trying to impress them. BUT if you do it WELL and do it SMOOTH then they DON’T CARE.

In fact, that’s how one of my buddies got laid. She asked him for a light and he said I have matches. But first, let me sure you this trick and he did a matchstick trick. She knew what he was trying to do, but she didn’t care later on because it was fun to watch. Then he ran material on her and later on was able to fyck her.

The key is NOT to be someone’s Dancing Monkey and be doing tricks and other cool stuff at people’s behest. Remember you have a purpose in the sarge. Advance to each stage of the sarge so you can tap that ass. Also remember that as a DHV, tricks can make you TOO high of value compared to her and you will have to qualify yourself to her otherwise her ASD shields will go up (ie why is he interested in me? He’s too cool and he already has women around him… he just wants me for my body).

Hamaraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JT47319
Magic tricks are one of the primary tools that Mystery does as part of the Mystery Method. It isn’t necessarily used as an opener (though it can be), but as a DHV (Demonstration of Higher Value). .

What kind of person does magic tricks to pull pusssy?
Its gay.
A pusssy type of guy does weak shiit like that.

You have a image, do you want doing gaay asss magic tricks as being part of it. Sure she may think it is cute, but in the long you are not making her hot. Doing this is similar to telling jokes. And what kind of pusssy do comedians pull?

DHV by magic? That is funny.
DHV by turning her on physically.
DHV by having a high social value, driving a Porcsche not my doing magic tricks. What kind of wusssy does magic tricks. A 5 year old kid, or a 50 year old Bozo the Clown.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend that was a pro-magician. He and his 2 buddies would go out and "pimp" like you wouldn't belive. They'd set the whole evening up to get free drinks and food. I played the part of the girl who shouts :"Oh my God! He just made that disappear! Did you see that?" To attract attention to them. Women flocked to them, bought them food, drinks smokes and anything else they wanted.

The magician thing is facinating first of all because so few women do magic. Plus they see it as a HUGE challenge to get the magician to do the forbidden & tell them how a trick is done.

Mike's reply to this was. "You do a trick for me, I'll do a trick for you." ...and the women would DO IT! They'd give him a bl0wjob & he'd teach them how to do a simple slight of hand.

I've seen the magician thing work time and time again!

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the most important thing to remember about using magic or any other opener (ie. Artist, photographer, etc.) is that they will only get you so far.

All they are is openers. Chicks aren't going to be attracted to you just because you are a magician.

If you've found a way to break the ice then that is great but you'll need more to create genuine attraction and interest.

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Using magic tricks to get chicks....

How old are you? twelve?
Do you actually think some hot chick is gonna get wet as watches you to "magic tricks"? :rolleyes:
While you are doing your "magic tricks" some real man is gonna come-up beside her, put his arm around her, look into her eyes and she's gonna go-home with him. Leave the elementary school stuff in kindergarden. Women want MEN, not little boys...
I'm not being a "hater" I'm being realistic.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Hi everyone, I've been getting myself back into doing approaches again the past few weeks, and I'd like to discuss using magic as a way of breaking the ice with girls.

Magic has been a hobby of mine for around 2.5 years, but I only recently started taking it seriously. I've recently learned 3 excellent tricks that I can do well.

I read somewhere about using magic as an icebreaker, so in the past week I decided to try the tricks I've learned on a few girls. Well, let me tell you, it worked SO WELL and EVERY girl (or girls!) I approached were friendly and let me do the tricks for them. There was NO BI*CHINESS, NO COLD SHOULDER etc.

I have tried this 8 times so far, on girls alone or in pairs. I tried it on a train, in a bar and in a burger place. Like I said, all the girls seemed fascinated with me, and were very friendly. No other opener I've tried has ever worked so well. The thing I must do now is carry on the conversation with them, eventually leading to number closes, after I've done the tricks.

I would like your opinions on this, because it works trust me!

Why do you think girls go for magician types?

Finally, I need advice on how I can carry on a conversation after doing the tricks. I want to score with the girls I do tricks for of course.

Thanks.
Actually, I'm a pretty serious performer, :Almost a professional: and it seems like it really doesn't do much for getting a woman. I do it because it is amazing to me, and I enjoy it. Women or not, I love most of the aspects that performing has.

I have been a vent hobbiest (Ventriliquism) for years, but have started getting more serious in the last year. I went to one festival for magicians and all these cute women were totally coming up to me. The figure, a turtle I named Tyler, had all these chicks flirting with me. And the turtle would flirt back and say all kinds of stuff that I could never get away with in real life. It was amazing! I'm thinking it was the man with a puppy type of thing, where these women found the figure to be cute, and me with him knocks up my points. I'm not sure.

I have also started working on balloon animals...I will have to see about balloons and whether or not they work. A long time ago I was on vacation, and this one guy started pulling out balloons and making hats for everyone. We got of the plane, and he made them for some of the locals, and they LOVED it. We'll see if it works for me.

The stage magicians, if they have the right act, can drive a woman nuts. It makes sense. If you're working intimately with georgeous women in skimpy oooutfits for a period of a few months, you learn how to act, to be suave, what to say and not say, and how to treat georgeous women. And for you, it ups your confidence being around them, it improves your confidence by acting smooth anyway for the illusion itself, and your confidence improves because you're talking with beautiful women all the time. So what does it matter if some chick rejects you if you have 10 more that you know?

I think it's about you, more than the magic.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. It seems that most of you think it's a good idea to use magic as an icebreaker.

To the haters/sceptics....you are missing an important point. I have field tested dozens of different openers on hundreds of girls over the past 2 years, and of them all magic is the one that girls respond best to! So if something works, then that's what counts. If you want to continue your inefficient cold approaches, go ahead...but I will do what WORKS, and that means magic. How many different openers have YOU field tested, and I can bet your success rate isn't high.

I'm actually 23 years old, and I do not agree that magic makes look like a boy. In fact it's the opposite....if you do really impressive tricks (street magic etc), and give good patter, you are perceived as confident, higher status and therefore a MAN.

We all have different personalities, and different openers may give different results than others depending on what suits your personality.

Bear in mind, I live in the UK, where cold approaches are much harder, so magic is a great ice breaker here.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Overhand_Right
Awesome idea. I have a few decent card tricks that are merely having fast hands, but it really makes people excited. I could definitely see this excitement translate into high IL. What are some of your tricks? I assume you keep them simple.
I do 3 tricks at the moment. Trick 1 is with 3 ESP cards. Each card has a symbol written on it (square, star or wavy lines). I ask the girl(s) if she believes in ESP, then I explain what ESP is and say I've made a prediction about which card she'll pick. I then hand her a marker pen and tell her to place it on top of the card she's chosen. I ask her if it was definitely her own free choice which card she chose, and she says 'yes'. I then reveal my prediction (which is written beforehand) and I'm always correct, which never fails to amaze them trust me. I had 2 girls begging me to tell me how I'd done this!

The 2nd trick I do involves 5 cards lined up stuch together, with the edges showing, and the middle card is a joker. I show one side of the cards to the girl, then turn them over and give her a paperclip. She has to decide which card is the joker, and place the paperclip over it...no girls ever get this right, and it drives them crazy! Always gets a good laugh

The 3rd trick is with a pack of cards...I ask the girl to shuffle them and then randomly put them all over the table, face down so all you see is the back of the cards. I ask her to point to any card and I'll tell her if it is a black or red card.

These are very simple but highly effective tricks to do. this ISN'T hype....remember, I've field tested them and they work.

If you'd to know how to do the tricks in more detail, give me your email address and I'll email you the 'secrets'.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now how many of these girls have you number closed or taken home with you? To all the people who said their friend has sex with the girls that he showed magic tricks to that night, he must have has some other attractive quality to him other than magic. Think about it. They had sex with him because he showed them a few card tricks? Bullshit.

Yes, magic is a great way to make friends. But how long is it going to be till you run out of tricks and they ask you "Can I see a magic trick?" and you'll have to say "Uh..."

And yes, this hater has field tested. Field tested for over a few months. You gain popularity for a few months because you're the unexplainable, but then the unexplainable has nothing else to show. Saying a person who does street magic is percieved as a MAN because they have confidence and suave in what they do does not say anything. A person who does street magic says "Hey, I'm here to entertain you, please watch and be entertained."

You are not considered a MAN because you do street magic. Yes some traits follow, but you aren't percieved as such just because you show a card trick or two. You have three tricks, what happens after the three tricks? You either leave, or you sit there and chat. What do you chat about? Your magic tricks. The same way you would talk to a clown about his line of work.

You can use it to make friends, and there's no promises on that either. But use it for the thing that comes after the approach? The close? If you aren't attractive, then magic isn't going to get you into anyone's pants.