Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

US Treasury Seizes $80 Million in Gold From Private Owner

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stolen property is stolen property. It doesn't matter one fück iota how long ago the coins were stolen, it doesn't matter one fück iota how many hands the stolen coins went through or how the coins were discovered, it doesn't matter one fück iota how much the collection is worth, this is not a world of "finders keepers, losers weepers." The coins were never circulated and if the coins were stolen—it's hard to imagine they were not—then the coins belong to the Treasury.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ Yeah but they still need to prove it. Otherwise they could just walk into your house, take any change they find lying around, and claim it was "stolen".

This whole business will probably end up in court and if the treasury can't prove that the coins were stolen they will have to return them.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikeyb said:
^^ Yeah but they still need to prove it. Otherwise they could just walk into your house, take any change they find lying around, and claim it was "stolen".

This whole business will probably end up in court and if the treasury can't prove that the coins were stolen they will have to return them.
I agree with you, completely.

I don't agree with the blogger who said that the Treasury would need to prove Israel Swift, the scrap metal dealer with the safety deposit box, had involvement, and I don't agree with any outrage at this point. It's good the coins were confiscated for safekeeping and now it will be a matter for the courts, as you say, to sort out if the coins were in fact stolen.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Rogue said:
It doesn't matter one fück iota how long ago the coins were stolen

I happen to disagree with you. Of course, morally you are correct. But by law I'm pretty sure there is time limit. Murder on the other hand don't have time limit.

What's wrong here is government braking the law.

Personally I don't give a fak about that 80 million. For me it don't matter if that private owner had them or the big boys who stole it from him now have it. It don't matter for me at all. The only thing that touches me and I have problem with is government braking the law. :flowers:

P.S. This opens a door for the big boys to confiscate YOUR gold now. In US history this has already been done.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is garbage. Just another example of how the US governments wipes their ass with the constitution. One day we're not going to have any rights at all.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdee:
Of course, morally you are correct. But by law I'm pretty sure there is time limit.
No, there is no statute of limitation. Statute of limitations only apply to criminal convictions. This is the reacquisition of stolen property. The original bandits who originally stole the coins are long dead, the scrap dealer with the safety deposit box may have bought the coins without knowing their true origin and is also dead. Nobody will be charged with a crime. The Treasury simply wants their coins back.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Rogue said:
The original bandits who originally stole the coins are long dead, the scrap dealer with the safety deposit box may have bought the coins without knowing their true origin and is also dead. Nobody will be charged with a crime. The Treasury simply wants their coins back.

You are a highly confused person, it wouldn't be smart for me to argue with you.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You missed the point. But like Mark Twain once said, for which I'm guided, "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
demagogue:
a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

You have not made one substantive point in this thread which either you did not concede or was adequately refuted. You resort to insult because you are pointless.