Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unwritten law of the friendship!

Biphoria

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the bible!

I've been seeing alot of I want to date my friend/bestfriend/coworker etc.. and the answer is NO!

You guys claim to feel something for these people who you've known for X years and decide that these emotions should be classed under "feelings" and that maybe something might happen between you two! Hey, She flirts with you doesn't she? you guys go out all the time? you have a sh!tload of fun together!

No. The fact of the matter is you saw her as a friend, she saw you as a friend and then you got desperate and became more aware of your feelings. Everything she ever did before while she was classed as a friend is still happening now except that you think it's something more because you have decided that you wanted poontang from her! Do not fall into this trap!

Ofcourse she seems perfect for you! if she didn't, you wouldn't be bestfriends now! You need to realise that you are falling prey to laziness. You are becoming desperate and going for an "easy way out" (because you are already hanging out alot together etc) . Except this isn't an easy way out. She isn't thinking of you that way and prolly never will. Don't make illusions for yourself cause your kino seems to be working wonders; not it's not. You are deceiving yourself. It has always been that way and you are just imagining things to make you feel better.

The fact of the matter is you need to wake up and realise that nothing will happen between you 2 and even if something does happen it will just %$#^ up your friendship. It is not worth it. There are millions of other girls!
Out of experience, this is not what you are really looking for. It is just dumb to ruin a 10+ year friendship over such bs. it's not even dumb, it's sad. When this happened to me, I was still afc and my bestfriend, after telling me how she didn't want our friendship ruined said "I don't know, our friendship is great as it is". Come to think about it, I was such a dumbass for even thinking of dating her. Now your turn homies. Think about it, all that fun you are already having with her.... isn't it all you really want?

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's quite an insightful way to look at the usual "I'm falling for my best friend" scenario.....

plus it's true :)

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously... These things are not worth wasting! Use them to your advantage (social proof...)

Very nice post.

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. Social Proof is the key. Plus, as friend they are everything you would want out of a relationship anyways except the physicality and sometimes it not all about "hitting" it with some girl, there is more to life.

MacdaddyJr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the don juan tips section and read the article by Mr. Fingers about escaping the friend's zone. thats how you do it. worked for me!

Biphoria

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, but in high school, dont think SF's post applies. it's a very very good post, but not for hs.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think he was trying to illustrate or explain how to get out of it but rather why ,in highschool, you shouldn't be trying to get with your friends/bestfriends. That was all cool before and maybe after, but not in HS.
He explains why you are there because I for one know that when I was there, I didn't really search for the real reason. Now, after deep thought, I realised what was wrong. Biph is right.
Follow Senor Fingers if you want, his post is gold but these are your friends, not the 2 cent hoes you're gonna toss out. You have a history together and know each other for years and you are so desperate at the time that you don't realise what you are doing.

I just reread, This post is very accurate on the phenomenon.

Biphoria
even if something does happen it will just %$#^ up your friendship. It is not worth it.
Already if you got to this point you must realise that you are desperatly seeking a girlfriend. Abort mission and rethink your life. You are about to ruin your friendship!

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
I agree that Fingers post is for an older audience. Younger girls usually cant handle the transition and you will ruin the friendship!

Of course, looking back I dont have too many friends from High School so I wish I woulda screwed more of my LJBFs.

Oh well...live and learn, to each his own, and all those other cliches. :)