Unorthodox Styles/Dress (Psychobilly)

labyrinth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see alot of posts about how important dress is and having a good style. I was looking at some blog that even showed specific clothes to wear. I have my own strange style that I'm not willing to give up in order to increase my chances with women. I've always been into punk and psychobilly music so I pretty much have that style of dress, although nothing really extreme. I wear black band t-shirts or somewhat retro 50's style shirts most of the time and always wear a chain wallet. Sometimes I tuck the shirt in and occasionally I roll up my jeans a bit just to give a more rockabilly/psychobilly look. I usually wear black shoes with somewhat thick soles that almost look like something between combat boots and creepers. That's pretty much a summary of how my style goes. If you've ever seen the dudes in Tiger Army or Nekromantix that's basically the style.

Anyway, I wouldn't dress like most of the guys I see in clubs and bars who are trying to use their style, which is almost exactly the same from one guy to the next. Could the whole psychobilly/rockabilly style be used to my advantage? I pretty much stand out from most guys in there at least whether in a good way or not.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Rockabilly chicks are often hot and they love you.

If you're just getting started at this, you probably don't have much interesting about you to convey to women. But you look interesting.

If you can't BE interesting, you should at least LOOK interesting.

I am wearing a bow tie right now.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanchai said:
Yes. Rockabilly chicks are often hot and they love you.

If you're just getting started at this, you probably don't have much interesting about you to convey to women. But you look interesting.

If you can't BE interesting, you should at least LOOK interesting.

I am wearing a bow tie right now.

-
-
-
-

This just cracks me up. I rarely type "LOL," but I'm LOL right now.

Bow tie.

I dunno why, but it just made me laugh. (No offense, seanchi.)

-
-
-

MMAer

Reaction score
Wear whatever suits your personality. I have a 5 inch mohawk and I wear mostly black and baggy clothes from hot topic to the club and still pull *****es.