Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unexpected responses from women

R

Rubato

Over the last month, I've been really focusing on improving my body language, posture, physical appearance, and all that good stuff. I have developed a great physique (not just in a month, that's been a work in progress), got a tan, and just about look like an Abercrombie model. And I'm stylish. I figured all of this would help contribue to my game, and it's definitely contributed to my sense of self confidence.

However.

I notice that when I pass women, I can't make eye contact with hardly any of them, not because I'm not trying, but because they look away. I've been paying very close attention to this and when I pass a woman, she either picks up her cell and starts playing with it, looks hard in the opposite direction I am coming from (left or right) or looks down. If she does look at me, it's only for an instant and then she will look away somewhere very quickly.

I would have thought that it would be easier to make eye contact with women given the degree I've improved myself. What do you all make of this, and what should it prompt me to do?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you look at them with "psycho" intensity?

Do you have a guess as to what it might be? Often our hunch about things like this is the correct answer.

R

Rubato

Atom Smasher said:
Do you look at them with "psycho" intensity?

Do you have a guess as to what it might be? Often our hunch about things like this is the correct answer.
I don't think that's the problem. I have on shades and smile while I'm walking. This makes me sound like an arrogant prick, but seriously the only thing I can think of is that I'm appearing much more alpha than I actually am and am having an intimidating effect. But who knows. I thought I was just being confident and friendly. Maybe not.

Is there a good way to find out if I'm screwing something up?

oneboy21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do an experiment
Try wearing some sunglasses where your eyes are not visible and walk on the streets and now notice the response.

R

Rubato

oneboy21 said:
You can do an experiment
Try wearing some sunglasses where your eyes are not visible and walk on the streets and now notice the response.
I've been wearing sunglasses, so, I don't think it's an issue with my eyes

oneboy21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
since you mentioned that you are a good looking guy
there might be one reason, women will get distract easily with your looks.
you can do one thing, go to a coffee store and sit there buy a coffee and see how people respond to you.

gaspipe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato said:
Over the last month, I've been really focusing on improving my body language, posture, physical appearance, and all that good stuff. I have developed a great physique (not just in a month, that's been a work in progress), got a tan, and just about look like an Abercrombie model. And I'm stylish. I figured all of this would help contribue to my game, and it's definitely contributed to my sense of self confidence.

However.

I notice that when I pass women, I can't make eye contact with hardly any of them, not because I'm not trying, but because they look away. I've been paying very close attention to this and when I pass a woman, she either picks up her cell and starts playing with it, looks hard in the opposite direction I am coming from (left or right) or looks down. If she does look at me, it's only for an instant and then she will look away somewhere very quickly.

I would have thought that it would be easier to make eye contact with women given the degree I've improved myself. What do you all make of this, and what should it prompt me to do?

Some women have a hard time keeping eye contact with a hot looking guy. I noticed this myself and I think its an American phenomenon.

When I was in Europe (Spain) I found it amazing how the women there, even the hot ones, had no problem staring me down.

By the same token, however, women have much better peripheral vision than we do and are good at checking us out without being noticed.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
How can you make eye contact if you have sunglasses on?

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of chicks look sideways on me, neve one looked down or up. A lot looked sideways then when I was coming around again tried to engage in eye contact / were checking me out. I think Im just average looking.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait a minute... Shades always makes people uncomfortable and causes them to look away.

These women are looking away specifically because you are in fact NOT making eye contact. Shades have a way of depersonalizing. Even though they look cool, they also are insect-like and make one look sort of robotic in a sense.

Try walking around without your shades and see if you notice a difference.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP: do you live in a northern US city? This topic has come up before and it seems women being cold like that is more common in the north/east coast. I'm in seattle. I've had girls give me the snub (turn their head away blatantly when I look at them), and for awhile I got so turned off that I stopped looking at girls completely on the street. Lately I've been getting a little more confidence and I'm able to realize that there's always gonna be some *****y ones and it doesn't represent all women, nor is it so much of a reflection on me... Most of the time women look down when I walk past so I guess I'm a complete and total bad ass lol jk

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
Wait a minute... Shades always makes people uncomfortable and causes them to look away.

These women are looking away specifically because you are in fact NOT making eye contact. Shades have a way of depersonalizing. Even though they look cool, they also are insect-like and make one look sort of robotic in a sense.

Try walking around without your shades and see if you notice a difference.
yeah dude exactly, you're wearing shades, what do you expect. I see people who wear shades as not opening themselves up. If you wanna be left alone, that's perfect, but if you're trying to connect with strangers then it is a game of both of you being willing to take a risk and be vulnerable. By wearing shades, you're not allowing yourself to be open like that.

R

Rubato

I have ditched the shades. It's been a little uncomfortable for me because my eyes are unusually sensitive to light, so I've had to spend some time acclimating to the sunlight before I start walking around so I'm not looking down or squinting. I'm getting much better results now!

Girls either meet my eyes and smile and reciprocate
or
Girls meet my eyes and smile and look down.

Thanks guys! :)