Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Underbite

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a bit of an overbite when I was younger, but I got braces and that fixed it. They had me wear rubber bands for about a year that realigned my jaw.

jaybeezi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, braces also helped me get rid of my underbite, I wore rubberbands for about 2 months. But, I never wore my retainer, because they were testing some new pos clear plastic retainer which hurt like a mother, and my teeth arent as straight as they once were.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got braces for that, and it's fixed, but the ortho actually recommended that jaw thing to me as well. I didn't do it, although now I sort of wish I did, because although my smile is fine, I think it would have been even better with the surgery.

I guess having that done is basically a plastic surgery procedure. No big deal, although you'll probably be hurtin' for a while after it's done.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was sort of flush with the bottom teeth overlapping the top when I was young, but now it's normal because of the braces. I wore braces for many many years. I still think the surgery may be a good move though, because as much as braces help the bite, with the surgery, they can alter your facial structure.

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have one..and the dentist said it was too minor for braces. I just started making myself hold it in the ''correct'' position, and now, a few years later, it is quite natural.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eather jaw surgery which is unlikely or get braces which is more likely. It depends on how bad the problem is.

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The surgery is not really minor like plastic surgury. Like someone said before, they break your jaw, cut a chunk off of each side and then fuse together the now shorter jawbone. No fvcking way I would let anyone do this to me, although I know a girl that had this done.

Yagrash

Don Juan
Reaction score
My doctor told me to have surgery, too. They remove a peice of your lower jaw, then slide it back and wire it shut. You won't be eating solid food for a month.

Needless to say, I didn't do the stupid ****ing operation. You can't even tell that I have an underbite unless I chomp down (and if yours is just half a centimeter, it shouldn't be that noticable either), which is pretty ****ing rarely sans eating. Only my front teeth show when I smile.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight I'm gonna see another dentist this Thursday, cuz its good to get different opinions and you know how some doctors just wanna get money or send you to their connections...etc....etc..

Yea man, no fukin way I'm lettin some geezer cut off a ****ing part of my skull. and no solid food for a month?!?! WTFUX!!! I'LL ****IN DIE. Anyways, like you, only my top teeth show when I smile, and its just half a centimeter. If I make my top and bottom jaw meet, you can tell that the bottom jaw juts out a little. But I chew gum most of the time or just close my mouth with my tongue cushioning the jaws.

I'll let you know what happens this Thursday. I mean if braces can just correct it a little bit, I'll be a-ok.

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get invisible ones. I had normal ones senior year. Bad scene.

And, just for the record, dentists are not even real doctors. You don't want those fools sawing your body apart and gluing it back together. Probably the biggest professional crooks out there after chyropractors (and, of course, attorneys). Good call on that one. A half centimeter? Fukking please . . .

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually dentists don't perform the surgery, orthopedic surgens do and they have to go through 10-12 years of schooling just like doctors do.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
wow thanks a lot man. invisalign here I come.

I mean, as long as I don't close my jaw completely, i look fine. in its relaxed state (my tongue between teeth) its ok. w00t!
I'm not sure how old you are but your probally still going so your jaw will adjust, see a dentist or whomever and get some more detailed info on this trust me.

Yagrash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, the orthodontist or dentist or whoever will refer you to an orthopedic surgeon, often one they are friends with.

Only time I had to see one of those people was when my wisdom teeth got yanked and some tissue above my molars got removed in the same operation.

I say **** it, man. Make the front ones straight at all costs, make the bottom ones as straight as conveniently possible, and just make sure your underbite isn't so bad that you can stick your tongue out freely while biting down (yes, I've seen that before).

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I know they refer you to some guy. lol no, I can't stick my tongue out of a half centimeter gap.

Eitherway, my jaw is still growing, So I'm doing stuff like forcing my bottom jaw back, so that it at least doesn't grow anymore. like when I'm takin a sh1t, I'll rest my jaw on my hands, pushing it back. This way, the top one will grow and hopefully catch up. Anywho, I'll get those invisible braces, cuz yea....friggin metal braces....prom night...::shudders::

Yagrash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but news flash: pushing on your jaw won't change ****.