Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ultimate leg workout

emelec

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to know since squats are the best exercise for legs. i wanted to know for leg day if i can do different variations of squats.

Box squats
Squats
Front Squats
Leg press
calf raises

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best workout I ever did for my legs involved an all day, strenuous uphill/downhill hike. I could barely walk for the next several days and soreness lasted 7 days. And I'm someone who regularly does squats at the gym.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Best workout I ever did for my legs involved an all day, strenuous uphill/downhill hike. I could barely walk for the next several days and soreness lasted 7 days. And I'm someone who regularly does squats at the gym.
That is all well and good but I've never seen any hikers with big legs. Soreness is not related to strength or hypertrophy.

'Where to Start' has a good leg day.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just do 20 rep squats...make it really hard and heavy and I promise you'll be limping all over the gym

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 x 5 squats or box squats
1 x 20 rep squat with your 12RM
1 x 30-50 rep leg press with your 20RM

most people will only need one set of squats and the 20 repper. but hey, you did ask.

AmpleReason

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by that. How do you do 30-50 reps of your 20 rep max weight? Should probably learn these concepts.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's the whole point with the higher rep squats. you don't do a weight you can do for 20 reps - you take a weight you can 'do' for 10-12 reps and just stand there with the bar, take deep deep breaths and keep grinding out more reps, same with the leg press, just stay in the machine until you get the reps (or you go to total failure). your legs will be able to take it, it's often a mental barrier which gets in the way.

Caferacer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell workout

Pick a weight you can only do 15 reps with backsquatting. Now do 20 reps. Repeat for a total of 5 sets.

It doesn't matter if you have to sit for a second with the weight, just get the reps done, even if the set takes 2-3 minutes.

The resulting stretch marks I have from doing this every 2 weeks are crazy. I have one on each leg that is about 3 inches wide and 6 inches long. Looks like my skin ripped.

guayaballer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just tried that leg workout that you recomended alex. it was INTENSE to say the least. I fell down the stairs cause my legs were so weak after lol. what should I do about my calves? any intense workouts for them? and hey alex after those 3 workouts should I add stiff legged deadlifts and hyperextensions tomy leg day?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't do heavy stiff leg deadlifts after those squats, no. but light for sets of 12-20 for example, sure. or just do the hypers, they're an easier exercise - save your deadlifts for deadlift day.

zzirf25

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definatly recommend doing weighted lunges. Grab two dumbells, preferablly ones that you cannot normally curl. Find an empty place in your gym and do ten lunges across the floor and ten the back to the original starting point. Thats one set. Take 60-90 seconds and repeat. Do 5 sets. I guarantee after doing this you will have trouble walking the next day, but I promise you that it does wonders for your leg strength, stability, and core strength. Enjoy.

Last edited: