Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

ugh depressed over being 31

TheTrimReaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So Joe, you are 31. If you feel old, I can tell you you are not. Brad Pitt was 35 when he made "Fight Club". How many b1tches saw him and said "Eeeew. Gross." Enough said.

Dorian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe,

Reading your post... I can't believe my eyes! I turned 40 this year,
started working out at the beginning of it: this is the best I've ever been. Recently got 2 flatmates in their 20s (they're overhauling my wardrobe by stealth!) I've got all these young chicks who I'm just recognising are checking me out. And thanks to you and other posters on here, I've finally acknowledged its OK to date them.

I still feel like someone in their 20s & 30s: only I'm a hell of lot happier than I was back then.

You know what age you've got to worry at? when you're 6 feet under - just make sure you go down kicking & screaming all the way!

You know how they say life begins at 40? Life begins whenever you choose for it to start, man: I chose 37 (left the ex), now I'm enjoying the results. If you worrying about an arbitrary age like 31, you may just not have found your true path yet - when you're on it, it the years don't matter.

All the best

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ENJOY LIFE

"EVERY DAY IS A GIFT. That's why they call it the PRESENT."

"Every day you're above ground is a good day."

Peace,

NorPacWolf

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe you write a ton of inspirational posts. So to see you say this, well it just makes me realize we are all human.

Of course we know how you feel.

So one technique I want to start doing is something I thought of from sports.

My college has been great in basketball for years. When you go into the gym, you see banners up from Championships and NCAA appearances, etc.

It made me think that we all have Banners in our life. Why don't we revisit them. Make a list of great moments, read over them, truly experience them.

I like being in my 30's also. On my 30th birthday i decided i was going to test myself at the gym. I bench pressed more and ran a mile in better times than I ever did in my 20's.

Keep finding new goals to set and things to do.

Remember we have a broader range of women to choose from, plus alot more experience on how to handle them.

Enjoy that.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey ricky.

hehe, im definitely human. thanks for hte post. i've just been burning the candle at both ends with work lately. feeling older than i should i guess.

truth be told im feeling pretty good about everything right now. I've been so focused on my money and career for so long that I've been feeling older than i should.

on the flip side, i now have enough saved and the career is going well enough that i am goign to switch gears and start reaping the fruits of my labors.

this will be the first time in my life where i haven't been truly focused on money and my career. i've had fun along the way, but you can never truly be laid back and carefree when you're focused on money and career. and the mindset you need to drive yourself does interfer with your ability to be loving and caring in a relationship to the extent that you should.

but now that those two worries are pretty well in hand, im goign to start havnig more fun.

i think i was just having a brain fart and was looking back over the years wondering whether i should have put my attentions more on other things. but you know, im glad my priorities were what they were.

everyone i know has money worries, and for the most part i no longer do. I still have to work, but 100k in the bank sure takes a lot of life's stress off your shoulders.

i'm damn proud of accomplishing that.

now that ive got a good future to build on, its time to start focusing on other things that will help me feel younger at heart.

:woo:

J

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe if truth be told, at this age the thing that can occasionally upset me is knowing I've been through a fair number of girls but haven't found one that I want to spend a ton of time with (although I did date one girl for 3 years) and the other most recent girl I would have married.

That being said, life has it's ebb and flows.

The big question I have for you is, are you getting enough sleep. Man when I don't well the old Churchill phrase "Fatigue makes cowards of all of us" kicks in big time. My mood is way influenced by lack of sleep.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
30's isnt bad. I had some fun the first half, and then went through a mid life crisis, until a 36 year old female dear friend of mine decided to check out early by eating the barrel of a .357. That really changed my perspective of things. While we were the same age, she now lies alone and cold in a lonely, cold graveyard, 6 foot under, in a sealed casket, with her once pretty head sewed back together, by an undertaker.

I'm not anywhere near where I want to be. I am pursuing my goals and dreams, however, but these things take time and effort. They dont happen overnight. But I'm still here, kicking baby. Times have been hard, and sometimes the $$$ isnt there the way I want it to be, but thats what happens when you switch gears midstream, and try for a new career. But I still manage to have fun, I still manage to catch the occasional concert, and do Vegas, and hit the books hard, and find time for art, work, and play, not to mention the weight room. I'd still like to do a bodybuilding show as a novice before the big 4-0. And the ladies? Well, sometimes the cubbard is bare, and sometimes, life is REALLY good, but I have learned one thing. Ladies HATE a man who lives for their pursuit. They seem to dig guys who are chasing their own dreams. If a lady has the choice between a man who considers himself a "playa" and constantly is trying to get into their pants, and a man who is busy pursuing career goals, at least in my experience, the so called "playas" are the ones mastrubating at home by themselves. So with that, I say enjoy your thirties, and forties. Go to a local nursing home, at lunchtime, and then come back here and ***** about being 30.

Duffty

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about 26~27 (born in 1979) and never had a GF. There's nothing wrong with me physically or mentally, but just never had the chance to have GF.

I want to say this thread has changed my negative attitude about my age and never had a GF. I shouldn't worry what girls 20~27 yrs old would judge me.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mwahahah! :crackup:

I just turned 38 on Sunday and I hit it with my wife twice last night.

It was fukken great and she's fukken great. We had sex like teenagers and she got a "thank you" slap on the ass right afterwards.

I was just coming into my own at 31.

I look forward to being 50 with great anticipation.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe

Don't be silly pal!

I'm 33 and this past summer was a great one! I was dating 25 yr old hotties and having the time of my life.

You shouldn't be depressed. You are in your prime!

LIVE man LIVE!!!!!

BobFuest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man i just think your that much closer to retirement and relaxing on the beach or on the golf course. Besides, how old would you really be if didnt know your age?

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Growing up doesn't mean growing old. In your 30s you acquire the wisdom you wish you had in your 20s.

driver55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Raise your head up!!!

Wyldfire said:
Not always true. What you say most likely applies accurately to women who have never been married and/or don't have children and wants them. In this day and age the people who do get married seem to do so in haste, and rather foolishly and pretty young.
Could not have been better said. The relationship I was just ejected out of had the above as the end result. She wanted to be married to me, then left me, then proceeded to immediately get engaged to someone else. (< 1 month) That seems like an extreme rush. This girl is only 25. What a waste. WTF is the rush? God....my mom was right. Mother is always right. I am so glad I am not there anymore. I am free. My point is you are as well, so take advantage of it!

Joekerr, not that you might need more uplifting words, but I have recently come out of that slump you may have been feeling. "Oh jeez, poor me! Everywhere I look everyone is married, or holding hands or etc etc." I hear you. It's like in the Wedding Singer right after he gets dumped and he goes to work. It is just a midset. You have so much potential to use. Don't let silly thoughts that get in your head keep you from unleashing that potential. You have more wisdom than a young blood like myself, so use it and live life to the max you devil!!! :rockon:

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am indeed old (46). General observations of men suggest to me that biology keeps you in OK shape to say 35. Late 20s to 35 is prime time. Late 30s deterioration sets in but maybe doesn't become really savage until around 50. At that point the evil deeds you have done to your body will call for a reckoning.

That's my view of the physical body. The mind has a timepiece implanted by society telling us that by certain ages certain things are expected to happen. Sometimes they don't. It is probably more important to consider the validity of the activities which we feel driven to do, rather than the timing of such activities. Finally, that old quote, old age is a terrible thing, except in comparison to the alternative.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm 28 and i've always taking alot of heat for many of my wild ways. some say wow you really lived and others are telling me so and so has this job and a big house or whatever.

i don't think i missed the boat, but i don't think i got on it either. i just lived the way i wanted to live and yeah i've done alot, and had alot of fun. ami going to follow the path everyone else wants me to? hell no
they lived their life and i'm living mine. no regrets baby

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad told me several years ago that a man's 30's are the best time of his life. So far, so true. I'm 34 and showing no signs of slowing down.

As long as you always look to improve your social, health/looks, and financial situation your stock as a man always remains high.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 30 and will be 31 in May and I feel good. I see progress happening in my life and there are a lot of exciting things happening.

One thing I'm seeing out of friends of mine that are older than me is that they're really slowing down but I see it happening more on a mental level than a physical level.

Personally I like this age. I had to deal with a lot of bullsh-t when I was younger. Everything from trying to figure out what you want to deal with in your life to having friends that are doing wrong, running the streets and getting in trouble to being broke and things like that. Personally I'm glad I made it to this stage in my life, where I can see success as a real possibility. For the first time in my life, I feel comfortable with where i'm at and I feel comfortable in my own skin. Also I feel more convinced and motivated to be successful now than I've ever felt in the past.