UFC and other MMA....bunch of animals!!

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
While I am ALL FOR martial arts and self defense; I think these guys who take part in UFC and other MMA tournaments are a bunch of animals. How can you beat the crap out of someone who is not threatening your life or has done you no wrong? I guess if you have an IQ of 70 and have no other means to make a living I guess it is ok, but geez...

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could say the same about boxing. It's a sport. If you can't take the heat, turn the channel.

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting BTW - if you by chance kill your opponent in the ring or cage, why don´t you get a manslaughter rap...?

If you are shooting your opponent in a duel, then off you go for many years.
If you switch off the life support of some terminally ill person, you go to jail as well.

All three are fully voluntary on both sides.

Interesting how much slack is cut to sports. Manslaughter is manslaughter, even if your opponent is fully willing to accept the risk or asking for it. That´t the law outside of the ring...

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What about other sport arts like Judo? Are they also animals, or it is somehow more civilized? Where do you make the demarcation between primal and savage and an actual art form?

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boxing is more brutal than the UFC. Sure boxing doesent have knees to the head and elbows to the chin but then again the UFC doesent stand fighters up and count to 10 after they have taken blows to the head and let them keep fighting. Boxing gives you brain damage. UFC gives you broken bones. Which one do you think is worse?

killbill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I like UFC is because to me its interesting and its fun to watch.

You have to think, its just a sport.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Football and boxing have much more severe injuries than the UFC. Many of the its participants are very intelligent people. You have to be intelligent to develop a good understanding of the intricacies of striking and grappling. For example, Georges St. Pierre was once ranked in the top 25 of Canadian chess players.

There has never been a death in any sanctioned MMA event.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen you start 1001 threads mate, but yet to see a worthwhile one.

It's great that you have an opinion, but so do I and I'm not starting threads left right and centre. I do cage fights from time to time, and I'm not an "animal" and I certainly don't have an IQ of about 70. If you don't like it, don't watch it, and there's no need to come and tell everyone else about it.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mahon, you shuold delete this thread.
You look real bad saying this sh*t.
Dude, try to look at it from the fighter's perspective before you start condemning, and condescending them.

Ask the mods to delete. It's a waste.
Really, man.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure boxing doesent have knees to the head
UFC doesn't have knees to the head either.

. . . WHOAH!! 300 threads started in seven years. That's a bit absurd.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To address all of your points seperately-
Many fighters have completed masters degrees or phds, or at least 4 year college. Just because someone enjoys gladitorial hand to hand combat does not correlate with lower IQ.

MMA has never had an injury like the recent one that unfortunately happened in the NFL.

There are more deaths per year in boxing and high school football than MMA, which has 0 deaths in sanctioned fights. Boxing deaths occur mostly in "toughman" or instances when weight cutting and head trauma are both very excessive.

Many fights end without a fighter taking heavy damage due to tapping out by submission.

Trained medical professionals are always on hand and ready to stop the fight after ONE knockout instead of many as in boxing or kickboxing.

And finally, MMA represents a revolution in the way martial arts are practiced and understood, and the heroicism, athleticism, and skill and sportsmanship of the competitors definitely showcases MMA as one of the most, if not the most, challenging sport in the world, physically and mentally.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
While I am ALL FOR martial arts and self defense; I think these guys who take part in UFC and other MMA tournaments are a bunch of animals. How can you beat the crap out of someone who is not threatening your life or has done you no wrong? I guess if you have an IQ of 70 and have no other means to make a living I guess it is ok, but geez...
are you retarded? just wondering.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MMA is one of the safest sports you can play.. The human body was evolutionarily designed to be able to take the trauma of fighting- it wasn't designed to take the damage incurred from football, hockey, boxing, etc.

^ ^ ^ all of which have higher injury rates, and worse injuries, than mma

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what i want to know is why the UFC doesn't have a female division.

it would be cool to see some hot chics doing MMA.