Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

UCLA Dorms or Apartment?

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone Else Doing it? Summer Study at the University of California Los Angles?

Q.1. I'm from Australia so I'd appreciate if you guys can confirm - are American campuses basically 'dead' during summer??? cos u guys go to Cancun or home etc?

Q.2. For an out-of-towner [in fact - out-of-country-er hah] what are the pros and cons of staying at a dorm versus staying in an apartment close to the college?

I'm selecting accomodation right now [online] and I'm deciding which one will be more conducive to a great time!

Thanks for any advice!

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by decisive
Anyone Else Doing it? Summer Study at the University of California Los Angles?

Q.1. I'm from Australia so I'd appreciate if you guys can confirm - are American campuses basically 'dead' during summer??? cos u guys go to Cancun or home etc?

Q.2. For an out-of-towner [in fact - out-of-country-er hah] what are the pros and cons of staying at a dorm versus staying in an apartment close to the college?

I'm selecting accomodation right now [online] and I'm deciding which one will be more conducive to a great time!

Thanks for any advice!
awesome bro!

how did u get into school over in the states? would be an awesome oppurtunity..

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: UCLA Dorms or Apartment?

Originally posted by quest
awesome bro!

how did u get into school over in the states? would be an awesome oppurtunity..
:) it's summer school so there's basically no admission criteria. But i've still gotta pay

heh, thanks dude -

I'm going during the US summer which is [you're aussie right?] our winter and hence our uni mid-session holidays.

Absolutely no one except my parents know I'm gonna go - i'm just gonna disappear.

I'm doing it cos I feel like an adventure!

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
i would stay in a dorm....you'll meet a lot of people and if you're in an apartment it'll be lonley if you dont know anyone.

hhaahah thats funny, not everyone goes to cancun, and with a school like UCLA it wont be dead over summer.

hah, I suspected I was making general assumptions ... "the real cancun" and all

Thanks for the advice!

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: UCLA Dorms or Apartment?

Originally posted by decisive
:) it's summer school so there's basically no admission criteria. But i've still gotta pay

heh, thanks dude -

I'm going during the US summer which is [you're aussie right?] our winter and hence our uni mid-session holidays.

Absolutely no one except my parents know I'm gonna go - i'm just gonna disappear.

I'm doing it cos I feel like an adventure!
thats nuts!
want to take a buddy!?
:)
yeah i'm aussie, melbourne.
so you're only going over for a month or so i assume (mid-session holidays) after going there, would it be possible to stay on do you think?
i'm so jealous!

guess ur pretty cashed up to be able to do that though.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:D I always wanted to do that, but it would be DAMN expensive. I recon it would be crazy, yer what are you doing after it ?? Coming back ??:cheer:

decisive

Don Juan
Reaction score
dorms then

Jjiza - yup, I'm coming back ...

Ok,

seems like Dorms are the way to go - thanks ppl

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got my masters degree from UCLA last year. While I was there all of my classmates had apartments. Their apartments were very nice. I'd suggest getting an apartment.
SB;)