Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Turning 40

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, I understand the point you're making. Never have I denied that taking care of your appearance is important - I completely agree with you.

But there's so much more to attraction than physical appearance, especially with women, which is why I keep harping on about applying female beauty standards to men. Maybe you're talking about internet dating here, where you're explicitly judged by photos? I don't know. In that case, you're completely correct.

But if you're meeting these women face to face, you know as well as I do that these factors aren't as significant. Your dress, status, charisma, presence dwarfs everything. I'd be telling men to work on improving those things rather than forking out money for hormones and surgery - they're not necessary.

You say 'If you don't meet a woman's minimum looks threshold, you are disqualified', well that's not true.. look at all the super wealthy old men dating young models.

If you want to talk about this further then I suggest we take this to PM. We've both laid out our opinions and I feel this is turning into a head-to-head rather than a discussion :)

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer to keep this discussion right here. Our exchange is not a personal investment for me, but rather an explication to all mature (and young) men who are reading, to accentuate the significance of appearance.

Sexual Market Value = Looks + Status + Wealth

SteR said:
You say 'If you don't meet a woman's minimum looks threshold, you are disqualified', well that's not true.. look at all the super wealthy old men dating young models.
Even using this hyperbole as an example, doesn't alter that the superwealthy by virtue of their wealth hold high SMV and thus can be in the radar of women with high SMV.

SteR said:
But if you're meeting these women face to face, you know as well as I do that these factors aren't as significant. Your dress, status, charisma, presence dwarfs everything
What men can directly control is their appearance, which includes style and their physicality. What men cannot directly control with reasonable assurance is becoming a celebrity or billionaire. Hence, why I don't solicit to just become a celebrity or billionaire.

SteR, I have yet to see any practical advice which you have offered to men in their 40s and 50s to attract model-type women in their 20s other than just become a man of celebrity status. Wonder why? Because you have zero practical experience as a mature man.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SteR, I have yet to see any practical advice which you have provided to men in their 40s and 50s to attract model-type women in their 20s other than just become a man of celebrity status. Would you like to know why? Because you have zero practical experience as a mature man.
I've echoed what's already been said by people in this thread: That a man needs to improve himself in every facet of his life.

If a man does this ie. If he's physically fit, he dresses exceptionally well, he's successful in his career and has good finances and great social skills then he will be in position to date the women we're speaking of.

Adding hormone therapy, surgery, anti-hairloss.. all of this.. the difference made will be negligible to a woman if the above is already taken care of.

You say I have no experience of this as a mature man, maybe so as I'm not in my 40s yet, but I AM dating the exact women we're discussing here, so my experiences with them and their opinions are valid. Stop trying to dismiss my views.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You say I have no experience of this as a mature man, maybe so as I'm not in my 40s yet, but I AM dating the exact women we're discussing here, so my experiences with them and their opinions are valid. Stop trying to dismiss my views.
Ok, let's not dismiss your views and take the position that you do have have personal experience about the specific discussion we are having.

Answer these questions then:

Are you bald or significantly balding?
Do you have low T levels?
How old do you look?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be a bad asś motherfûcker with a good income that shows them a good time, and they could give two fücks about your age. In fact, YOU should be the one giving a shît about THEIR age. A hot 22 year old may be great in bed, but can also be an embarrassment in certain social situations.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I'm 41 and my girlfriend is 24. And in fact I'm breaking up with her.
You ve got to pay that. True abundance mindset and the willingness to man up and let the chips fall win or lose. Respect bro.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gone the other way. I date Asian girls you can't tell their age between 30 and 50. Best of Both Worlds.

Not sure why the outdoors guys have to have beer bellies and old suits. I dress mainly in chain store items with the odd online buy.

I go to New Zealand once a year to visit family and I shop the chain stores there. I can spend a couple of hundred bucks and get a new section of my wardrobe that nobody has in Australia. Surely you guys can do the same thing by shopping off overseas websites.

I pretty much stick to classic male looks with a modern twist. Spend a bit more money on interesting oversized watches and shoes. My face is definitely more Picasso than Rembrandt. I chat up chicks wherever I go and get plenty of play. Admittedly I don't give a f*** about the night scene and never did. And yet I still got laid as much as I could handle. I say there's plenty of different scenes and plenty of different looks just don't be average and boring and you'll do fine.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ve got to pay that. True abundance mindset and the willingness to man up and let the chips fall win or lose. Respect bro.
Ha, thanks. I've got my weaknesses though. I didn't break up with her then. I gave her another chance. To her credit she's lost a lot of weight and her attitude has been more positive lately. Since I've been enjoying it more, I decided to keep it going for now. Still, no fear if I'm single tomorrow!

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Many younger women like Men and not boys.

Your age is an advantage.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many younger women like Men and not boys.

Your age is an advantage.
Glad to hear. Where I live, I feel like my age is a major disadvantage. But I live in a rural area in the country where most people have kids by their 20s. It would certainly be a different story in a larger population, especially after reading other guys on here who are always dating women in their 20s. ( I am 36).