Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

tuna fish in a can

FBA808

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey

is it bad to eat tuna fish out of a can everyday? i was doing it for a while because it had TONS of protein, but i was warned about eating it more than 2 or 3 times a week, due possibly to mercury or other things

is this true? thanks

rob686

Don Juan
Reaction score
FBA808 said:
hey

is it bad to eat tuna fish out of a can everyday? i was doing it for a while because it had TONS of protein, but i was warned about eating it more than 2 or 3 times a week, due possibly to mercury or other things

is this true? thanks

yeah bro, it's true. I've been told this by several docs in the past

tuna,shark,swordfish etc are all largepredatory fish i.e. they prey on smaller fishes who feed of the ocean/seas which are mad polluted with mercury and other pollutants. These large fishes contain the largest mercury content of all fishes!!

best thing to eat are smaller fishes like sardines,mackerel etc

hope this helps

Last edited:

protienpowder

Don Juan
Reaction score
what about salmon?

rob686

Don Juan
Reaction score
protienpowder said:
what about salmon?

i think salmon is good to go, but please doouble check as I'm not sure about this one

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm....

Guess I'll be changing my diet up considering I eat atleast 1 can of tuna daily. I guess you'd have to figgure that much protein at such a low price couldn't be all that it's cracked up to be. Unlike most, I even like the taste:eek:.

Damn... :(

deadaim89

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating 1 can of tuna a day isnt tooo bad.. but mix it up. Also theres certain tuna brands that are tested for mercury should be on the label. And you shouldnt just eat one can, if your eating tuna then eat 2 maybe three cans.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I beg to differ. From all that I've heard, it takes A LOT of tuna to reach dangerous mercury levels in your body. I posted on BB.com for almost 3 years, and there were plenty of guys out there who ate tuna 1 - 2 times a day. As long as you're not eating in excess (more than 7 times a week lets say). Besides, who can eat that much tuna without getting sick of it? :)