Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

trying to help jumpstart my wifes career

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my wife recently graduated from college with honors in accounting. the problem is, we came home hoping to visit for a month and a half and then start out into phase 2 of our lives- finding work. but we hit a snag. everytime we had plans to do this or go there...it was always greeted by put downs. everybody always complains thats not a good idea when you have a kid. as new parents we do have our childs best in mind but it's hard to make our own decsions when everybody keeps butting in.

for example we have no income coming in right now because my hometown there is nothing here for either me and my wife. sure we have rent free, bill free right now but i want our own money being generated. it sucks.

i have listened to advice from everybody and i am still stuck where i am. my parents mentioned that my wife should email companies around new brunswick and schedule interviews and she has had a few here and there. but after the interviews she gets no call backs and she is pretty skilled at interviews.

i even looked the other day on the job bank and some of the companies that my wife had interviews with were back looking for accountants. i think one of the reasons may be, they are looking for someone in the same locality. we would move there in a heartbeat if she got a job but i think most employees look for someone who can start monday and not wait for someone to get an apartment and settle in.

plus it sucks having to drive back and forth, back and forth for interviews for her. we live 2 hours from every place that is hiring. also most times it's just for 1 interview so we have to choose correctly. it really sucks when the next day another job posting shows up in the same city because we were just there and it is tiring driving all the time. i would rather set up camp somewhere and when a job comes up she could pounce on it quickly.

am i just being impatient. i really would love to have my private life back with my wife and my child.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not really hard to find work as an accountant. You need to move closer to a big city. Try a temp agency if you are really desperate. Temp jobs lead to full time jobs.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get the hell out of the maritimes.

there maritimes is Canada's version of hell.

sure, the people are great and the scenario is great, but generally speaking employment opportunities suck.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we have tried the temp agencies and i agree the maritimes suck. its not hard for me to find temp work cause i am blue collar but i always thought when you graduate a school that it should be easier to get a job especially in accounting. the one difference i noticed when having an education applying for work is that not only do u get interviewed once....you get interviewed like 3 times and if you don't get the job...what a waste of time.

temp agencies are a great starting point even if it is only temporary..at least it's experience. sure the money will pay better in the future but geez you educated people have to jump through alot of hoops just to get a job. you'd think all the hard work you guys put in at school would give instant gratification.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahahah!

you gotta be joking me? white collar workers have it so much worse off than blue collar workers now a days.

a plumber has 1000x more job security than most white collar workers.

we have too many educated people with too few white collar jobs now a days. and as supply and demand always goes, when there is more supply than demand EVERYONE gets f*cked (except the employers).

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
hahahahah!

you gotta be joking me? white collar workers have it so much worse off than blue collar workers now a days.

a plumber has 1000x more job security than most white collar workers.

we have too many educated people with too few white collar jobs now a days. and as supply and demand always goes, when there is more supply than demand EVERYONE gets f*cked (except the employers).
And the problem's only going to get worse if someone makes all the mexicans go back home.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
insanity said:
we have tried the temp agencies and i agree the maritimes suck. its not hard for me to find temp work cause i am blue collar but i always thought when you graduate a school that it should be easier to get a job especially in accounting. the one difference i noticed when having an education applying for work is that not only do u get interviewed once....you get interviewed like 3 times and if you don't get the job...what a waste of time.

temp agencies are a great starting point even if it is only temporary..at least it's experience. sure the money will pay better in the future but geez you educated people have to jump through alot of hoops just to get a job. you'd think all the hard work you guys put in at school would give instant gratification.
The ONLY jobs that are easy to find job as an undergraduate are engineering jobs. Accounting could potentially be as good if you get the CPA (in the US that is the Certified Public Accountant license).

If your wife did not work while she was going to school...then she is going to be overlook a lot.

You said she is good at interviews...but how can you assess that? You are not sitting there interviewing her.

She has to SHOW that she is above others and that she has something that puts her above the others. If she is getting interviews...then her resume is not as bad. But if the resume was OUTSTANDING, her interview rate would be over 70% as everybody would want to interview her.

That being said...the Interview is important.

Living in a Maritime place also sucks.

She does not have to do accounting work either. She can apply for marketing or other type of jobs that require a degree. Heck...maybe she might want to start working for the Provincial Government or the Federal Government. It does NOT have to be in accounting. It could be in economics or research or project management.