Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trying new things=Submissive, giving in?

MattR1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the women I see always complains that I'm boring on food. I don't eat certain stuff she does such as oysters, crab, lobster and shrimp at sea food places. I'll just eat some fish or something because it's what I LIKE. I don't believe I'd like any of these foods, they don't smell great, I like what I like.

So, in a book I read by Mark Manson it talked about your identity and keeping it, neediness and changing your identity, how you shouldn't do it, it comes off as needy behavior. Am I overanalyzing this? She's said the same thing about certain types of music also. Trying to get me to listen to stuff she likes. I stand firm on what I like and in my car it stays on my station with my types of stuff and I let her know that.

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
back when I used to take everything I read word for word, I would read one part about something like "alpha men always do what he thinks is right" and I would act like a stubborn d!ck, then I would read how you should also welcome adventures and have fun... and I would marvel what the fuark?

basically bro I think it's not as if you tried oyster or lobster, then you're an AFC or something. I think it depends on situations and context, and how she complains to you. Is she being a little prick? Then yeah, you can be more firm with your ways, but I doubt this is such case. She's probably joking about it right? So turn the game around man, use that qualifying crap, push/pull, whatever; if I was in your situation at a restaurant/bar, I probably would tell her playfully "what's up with you and your oysters? Are you like oyster rep or something?" get some good laughs (if you're closer to her in physical ways, tease her about how oysters are huge aphrodisiacs and curious why she insists I eat them while you two are out together), "ok, I will try some, but you better come up with good back up plan if I don't like it", you get the point bro.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: "Your food choices are so boring"
You: "You girls really will do anything for drama huh? (softly shaking head while laughing to yourself, turning to waiter/waitress) Ok, yeah I'll have the fish..."

or

You: "Hmmm, interesting...Yeah I'll have the fish..."

Her: "Your taste in music is so boring"
You: (again, laughing to yourself) "Why don't you make me a CD of all your favorite music and I'll promise to never listen to it"

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I literally, aburptly drove a HB9 girl home and told her to get out of my car after she sh!t tested me by making fun of my music and asking if we could listen to something she would know. Yea, she was hot but she was an idiot and to much work. Never budge on music.

You should however try shellfish, for you, its good stuff.

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try new things in life man, you won't live twice. Be a little adventurous. Don't judge stuff before even trying. My ex was like you, never wanted to try new stuff, and i resented her for it.

JohnyTheArrow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She is right.

If you stick only to things you LIKE or know you do becoming boring because you have no idea about other stuff.Make a deal with her I will try it if you try ... this wont make you doormat at the same time you will try something new.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Back when my mom and dad got married, they tell me they had lots of black caviar on the table, but nobody eat it, because nobody knew what it was, so they ended up feeding it to pigs.

You can't each fish all your life, you gotta try different things just for the sake of trying different things.

My mom used to do what your girlfriend does to you now, because I didn't eat salads or greenery at all. But then I tried it and it's great, I love a salad, and onion, and garlic.

Next time you two go out try the crab or crawfish or lobster. They are really delicious.

Your grilfriend is right here, she wants a perfect man in every sense.

JohnyTheArrow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time order oysters with your girl ... and tell her

'You know .... oysters are actually great afrodisiac, Casanova supposedly consumed 50 oysters for breakfast and dozens with every other meal.',and she will get horny,start to touch her under table in sexual way, then proceed and fvck her hard.

See - you can her weapon against her like alpha and not overanalizing like beta.

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say if you absolutely HATE fish, suggest something else that's not boring. Thai, Indian, Moroccan, etc. are definitely not "boring" like burgers & pizza, etc.

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
more lobster and crab for me :whistle: for real though, you should try it and not judge shellfish based on the smell. Have an open mind. Like someone else said, try it for yourself. When you rule out things that you dont think you will like but have never actually tried you are limiting yourself.

I have a friend that is very picky with what he eats, wont try sushi or anything green. To me this makes him look weak minded and beta. An alpha wouldnt be afraid to try something new would he?

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know you hate other foods then don't order something you hate. But if you're interested in trying new things then just go for it, man.

There is nothing unconfident about saying "you know what? I'll try something different tonight."