Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

True Traits of A ¡§DJ¡¨

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you've been hanging around here for a while, and you see all these wonderful tips, each able to "Get you all the women you want!"

True, there are things like having a clean bathroom that will help significantly. Hugging a girl with your left hand two inches higher than normal could help you a little.

I imagine you have all these ideas in your head, no room for them all (especially if you're new at this)?

I'm going to compile all these little tips and ideas into some basic rules, and build off of those.

Rule #1
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT

Something I have seen is that many people come here in hope of easy ways to get women. That can be found if you look in the right places and get your priorities straight. Often newbies get here, read pages and pages of information, and then try applying it whenever they get the chance, amazed at the new concepts they have come across.

There's a problem with this. DJs don't NEED women. They shouldn't be trying as hard as they can; trying to pick up every girl they see. They have OTHER PRIORITIES.

Try as hard as you can to picture a "natural" DJ, particularly someone you know. Chances are you see that person VERY social. Maybe a guy on the football team, who DOESN'T HAVE TIME FOR GIRLS.

It is well known that being a DJ is a way of life (quite like Buddhism
). But that doesn't mean to spend your life trying to get perfect girls. DJs have other priorities, and girls shouldn't be their top one.

Many people who have discovered http://www.sosuave.com were once "outcasts" and major AFCs, with NO SOCIAL LIFE.

That's why many people here have trouble when all these simple tactics should be working.

Some of my priorities are listed below, in order:
  • ME
  • My beliefs, values, ethics
  • Family
  • School
  • Friends
  • Skateboarding (my hobby)
  • Girls
My #1 priority, the one listed as ME, has different things applying to it. I'm constantly looking for improvement, and each new step is great feeling of success and boost of confidence.

Things that fall under ME would be:
  • My social life
  • My appearance (including personality, which is becoming more and more to my liking.)
  • My progress in school or anything I'm working on
  • Hygiene
Girls come if I have time. If I have too much time for girls, that's a bad sign for them.
DJs need to understand that there's more to being a DJ than knowing how to play the game.

Rule #2
BE THE DOMINATOR

This is probably already well known here. Stop letting girls walk all over you, stop letting guys walk all over you. If you act like an emperor, you will be treated as such. I know some of the smallest stupidest kids who people are scared of. It's obvious that they would go down in a fight, but an emperor has people backing him. You'll get respect and followers/people backing you.

Confidence is a major key here. If you think you can dominate, you will dominate. Don't take anything from anyone. You don't need anyone. You don't need anything. You could go solo, but you choose to have a social life (VERY IMPORTANT).

So you have low confidence? That can be fixed. Physical characters make up a HUGE percentage of what your confidence is built on. Workout and if you're not in shape play a sport. That will help more than anything, because you're constantly being pushed physically and you're having fun (hopefully) at the same time.

Hair is one of the most important things as far as looks. This cannot be stressed enough!!! Find a good hairstyle, short is always a good way to go if you can't find anything. Ask girls for advice on your hair. White, straight teeth are a big plus. You know where to go for those. Skin care is important. Visit www.acne.org and take a careful look if you have acne (no matter how severe).

Shaving frequently (even if you can hardly tell) does help, unless you have a certain way you want your facial hair. SHOES ARE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CLOTHING ITEMS. Guys ignore this fact and girls don't. Bad shoes really stand out to a girl, and good ones stand out even more. Try to find a style that isn't boring for you, try different things until you find something that you like. Accessories are ok, don't overdo it though.

If you have an introverted personality (shy, quiet, not outgoing) then start talking to people as much as you can. Talk about whatever is on your mind. Get used to conversation then you can fine tune your conversation skills. And try to be a bit of a jerk for a while, eventually it will go away but your confidence will be boosted.

You need to be a leader. I read this tip somewhere else, can't remember but it's extremely valuable: "When in a group of people, talk about general topics that they can all relate to." When talking to particular people, find out their interests and become genuinely interested in them.

Try organizing something with a group of friends and girls. Don't wait for someone else to. Always be busy, always be doing something. Being a leader (a successful one) is very rewarding in many senses.

Rule #3
LIVE YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT

You have come to this site to become successful with girls. That doesn't mean change your whole personality to something that you're uncomfortable with just to get girls. You need to live your life how you want, just follow the basics and don't make girls feel like your mother.

You have your hobbies, you know what you like. Keep living a way you enjoy. Just become better with the ladies. If clubbing isn't fun for you, don't do it. There's other ways to get girls. You'll meet plenty just doing daily stuff. It's all in your hands to take initiative.

So that's it, the idea of this post is to take control, do what you want, don't waste TOO much time with girls. Let it all happen and stop worrying. Read the bible and if you stick around long enough, you'll get the rules down great. It's up to you to go out there and do it right.

[This message has been edited by MaDsKaTeR212 (edited 06-15-2002).]

Lorenzo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Glasses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats DJ Bible Material!!!
Great Post there, MaDsKaTeR212!!!
Best one I've read in a While.

W

wheelin&dealin

Originally posted by MaDsKaTeR212:
Some of my priorities are listed below, in order:
  • ME
  • My beliefs, values, ethics
  • Family
  • School
  • Friends
  • Skateboarding (my hobby)
  • Girls
Give me a break! You'd rather spend time with your friends or family than spend time with some hot chick? Give your head a shake pal.

Here's my priority list in order:

Me
Girls
College Hockey
School
Friends
Family

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin:
Give me a break! You'd rather spend time with your friends or family than spend time with some hot chick? Give your head a shake pal.

Me
Girls
College Hockey
School
Friends
Family
Hey wheelin&dealin priorities does not mean who you would rather spend time with, its what’s most important to you in life. Maybe you should think before you write.

good post MaDsKaTeR212

------------------
Tony Montana
“All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break’em for no one jou understand.”

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin:

Me
Girls
College Hockey
School
Friends
Family

Definition of "priority" from www.webster.com:

Main Entry: pri·or·i·ty
Pronunciation: prI-'or-&-tE, -'är-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Date: 14th century
1 a (1) : the quality or state of being prior (2) : precedence in date or position of publication -- used of taxa b (1) : superiority in rank, position, or privilege (2) : legal precedence in exercise of rights over the same subject matter
2 : a preferential rating; especially : one that allocates rights to goods and services usually in limited supply <that project has top priority>
3 : something given or meriting attention before competing alternatives

If my family is in need of something, or if my friends are in need of something, my attention goes to them before girls.

[This message has been edited by MaDsKaTeR212 (edited 06-15-2002).]

MG69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rule #1

i agree to a certain extent about this but i do not agree that DJ dun need woman. Its just thta we do not put them on the pedestal and make then the centre of our life.

If u do not need woman, probably u will be better off as a gay.

Rule #2
BE THE DOMINATOR
A true DJ is not one who dominates. But on who knows when and where to exert control. Someone who dominates all the time without thinking and exerting control at all times are nothing but a jerk.

Rule #3
LIVE YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT

yes we do need to have a life on our own and we have to make the woman as part of our lives and not the centre of it.

but do not overstep and totally ignore all the people around u.

there is just a fine line dividing a jerk and a DJ.

Overdoing some thing will lead u to become a jerk.

being a jerk will get u gals in the ST
but it will not work in the LT

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MG69:
Rule #1

i agree to a certain extent about this but i do not agree that DJ dun need woman. Its just thta we do not put them on the pedestal and make then the centre of our life.

If u do not need woman, probably u will be better off as a gay.
I never said i didn't need woman. I'm saying that there's more important things. If i have a reason to cut a woman off, i do. i don't need her so why should i worry. dj's have the option of many girls but they don't need to go after them. they can if they have interest to but there's more important things. this was more focused towards newbies who spend all of their time practicing their new skills.

Rule #2
BE THE DOMINATOR
A true DJ is not one who dominates. But on who knows when and where to exert control. Someone who dominates all the time without thinking and exerting control at all times are nothing but a jerk.
a true dj IS one who dominates. no one challenges him, and if they do then they go down. he is the leader, and he has absolute control. this goes into the alpha male. the alpha male. someone has have control. this would be the DJ. you have control, if something happens you handle it.

but do not overstep and totally ignore all the people around u.
i didn't say to.

------------------

What do you think? Ehh... i guess she's OKAY.
AIM=MaDsKaTeR212 MSN=mullen@madskater.com Yahoo=MaDsKaTeR212

lordclem*

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
enlightening post MaDsKaTeR212

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, i think djs do need to dominate.

1.) if the dj isn't dominating, then who is??? somebody has to be dominant, hence - the alpha male. if the alpha male isnt the dj, then the dj isnt the dj after all.

2.) i think the confusion stems from a rather loose definition of "dominate". i would stress that "dominate" shouldn't be confused with "domineer". i would tend to think that one who is domineering, especially in a relationship, would tend to be labeled a "control freak" which is counter to what a don juan is.

rather, when one is "dominant", he is the one that others respect and give room to.

although both terms both relate to control, when one is "dominant", his control stems from others voluntarily giving him control. when one "domineers", he obtains control (or tries to) by force or intimidation of others.

the key here is to recognize who is acting to channel the control. the dj or those being controlled? this is the ultimate key. a dj should never resort to domineering - this shows lack of confidence.

excellent original post, belongs in the bible!

Reaction score
bump