Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trouble sleeping after going to the club

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll have trouble going to be after a night out at the club, I keep getting flashbacks of girls I was talking to and stuff like that, and end up having a very poor night's sleep.

I think it's over stimulation; the music, lights, and p*ssy gets me all excited and sh*t.

Does anyone else have this issue, and/or have a way to get around it?

I'm thinking that I'll get used to it over time.

Then again, I've had a stressful week (Friday night involved me taking car of a dude in a car crash until paramedics came out, didn't get much sleep after that incident) so that may also play a factor.

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you drink a lot? Alcohol can have some kind of effect on your sleep schedule. After I go clubbing I tend to wake up really early in the morning and can't go back to sleep.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monster said:
Do you drink a lot? Alcohol can have some kind of effect on your sleep schedule. After I go clubbing I tend to wake up really early in the morning and can't go back to sleep.
No, I usually drink two beers max, if at all.

I'm sure it's just the intense environment that's pumping me up, and I'm just not used to winding down from it yet.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you haven't been subjected to that kind of stimulation frequently enough, it'll have a lasting effect on your adrenaline. If you make clubbing a habit, it'll wear off. I was like that at your age, when I first started going out and doing it all hard core. Wait til you start pulling parties of girls out of those places with your friends. Forget about sleeping at all for a while. Eventually though it becomes regular and you'll get your 4-6 hours and don't even notice it.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I always advise guys not to take girls to the diner/restaurant after the club because food makes them tired. It's that whole "Alcohol equals s@x; food equals sleep" theory.

You could use that yourself. Have something to eat after the club. I'm usually hungry again at 2am anyway. However, the last time I did eat after a long night, I was ready to lay my face on the dinner plate and fall asleep. Of course I'm much older, but the advice still stands.

AH909

Don Juan
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me after the back to school and homecoming dances(im still in high school). It was a pretty weird expereince it was like i was dreaming and awake at the same time. My mind would play over what happened and different scenarios. It was weird. After every scene i would wake up and think to myself "i need to go to bed." Then i would go back into my trance again. I didnt have any alcohol so i doubt that . It must be all the leftover adrenaline i got from grinding on girls but idk

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it was the traumatic experience of helping a car accident victim. I advise you to call up the hospital or something and find out if he's alright.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AH909 said:
The same thing happened to me after the back to school and homecoming dances(im still in high school). It was a pretty weird expereince it was like i was dreaming and awake at the same time. My mind would play over what happened and different scenarios. It was weird. After every scene i would wake up and think to myself "i need to go to bed." Then i would go back into my trance again. I didnt have any alcohol so i doubt that . It must be all the leftover adrenaline i got from grinding on girls but idk
This is pretty much what I would experience. Fight Club-esque insomnia, couldn't tell if I had slept or just laid there.

Chamber36 said:
I think it was the traumatic experience of helping a car accident victim. I advise you to call up the hospital or something and find out if he's alright.
Nah, it wasn't my first time seeing things like that, but the images of the accident did mix in with the usual images of scantily clad girls.

The guy was drunk as f*ck, I'm glad he didn't hit me. Face was pretty messed up, broken teeth, broken arm (it was blue and obviously broken), making all kinds of incoherent noises when I tried talking to him, smelled of alcohol.

Ended up going through a DUI checkpoint when I got back home, got my car searched and breathalyzed. The security guy asked me why I was nervous, told him about the accident, he didn't believe me. Showed his supervisor the 911 call log, he believed me then. The car search and breathalyzer was standard procedure for a DUI checkpoint.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the drugstore and get an item called "Midnight". It has melatonin and bunch of other natural ingredients that really do make you tired.

You could try just buying a bottle of malatonin, but I find that is way too strong for me. The Midnight stuff has a nice calming effect without that knocked-out feeling. Check if its safe after alcohol, though. It will suppress your breathing as does alcohol.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AH909 said:
Happens to me all the time after partying with alcohol. It's like I'm still at the party, while I realize that I'm in my bed. Had so many imaginary hook ups this way.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that most narcotics and alcohol actually later metabolize into a stimulant.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like eating some food before going to bed is the best thing to do. Did it last night, and went to bed no problem. Granted, it was Taco Bell (that sh*t's expensive) and I'll have to find a cheaper alternative that's just as filling yet healthier. Kind of a challenge at 3am.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
with all the loud music and stimulation your body needs to unwind.

with spliffs, beers, shots and burrito boys boys after dancing for 2 hours or so, staying up is the last thing i do.

but if theres an after party redbull and cocaine is your best friend.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PokerStar said:
with spliffs, beers, shots and burrito boys boys after dancing for 2 hours or so, staying up is the last thing i do.

but if theres an after party redbull and cocaine is your best friend.
Bro these graves you are diggin' for AFC's are gonna end up being used by YOU.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Looks like eating some food before going to bed is the best thing to do. Did it last night, and went to bed no problem. Granted, it was Taco Bell (that sh*t's expensive) and I'll have to find a cheaper alternative that's just as filling yet healthier. Kind of a challenge at 3am.
Taco Bell's expensive? They have like .89 burritos, dude. Not sure where you could possibly find cheaper food.

Also I would wait for more than two experiences before making some sort of determination of what is causing it.

It actually sounds more like anxiety to me. (Laying there, unable to sleep, having imagines / scenarios going through your head) The racing thoughts is pretty symptomatic of it.

I would have this happen after a night of drinking but only after the alcohol wore off, I would wake up around 4ish and not be very tired and have to force myself to sleep.

I would try to do something to relax yourself / clear anxiety. Like meditate or play guitar or watch fish swim etc. I personally would probably just smoke some weed and watch youtube videos or play guitar.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joverby said:
Taco Bell's expensive? They have like .89 burritos, dude. Not sure where you could possibly find cheaper food.

Also I would wait for more than two experiences before making some sort of determination of what is causing it.

It actually sounds more like anxiety to me. (Laying there, unable to sleep, having imagines / scenarios going through your head) The racing thoughts is pretty symptomatic of it.

I would have this happen after a night of drinking but only after the alcohol wore off, I would wake up around 4ish and not be very tired and have to force myself to sleep.

I would try to do something to relax yourself / clear anxiety. Like meditate or play guitar or watch fish swim etc. I personally would probably just smoke some weed and watch youtube videos or play guitar.
The stuff I like in particular is expensive; both financially and towards my health.

It's not anxiety; it's just overstimulation. The excitement of all the lights, sounds, the thrill of chasing women. I've experienced anxiety, this is different.

And the relaxation part is eating a good meal, and possibly steaming my face with essential oils (what?).