Trouble gauging interest on this one...

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Normally I can tell within seconds if a girl digs me or not, but this one has me for a loop.

Met up with an HB8 (27) from POF last night, I'm the first guy she's met, looked 2x better than her pics, a real treat from the usual letdown. I blew through my usual one hour first date time limit because the conversation flowed without a single hiccup, really excellent chemistry, sitting close, had a few moments where our eyes locked and it felt like we wanted to jump each other. I employed kino, but she only responded once or twice by touching my shoulder.

After 3 hours I told her I better get some sleep. We joked at our cars for a minute, hugged, but she didn't seem interested in a kiss, so I jokingly said "no kissing on the first date huh?" to which she said nope, I'm G rated, remember? That's an inside joke, when we first started texting, she randomly told me her friend said her texting was too G rated, and she needed to have more sex. I said Yup everyone needs good sex, and she bluntly came back with "but you need to ask me out for a drink first so I know you aren't a serial killer".

Not sure where I stand here, but the lack of kiss probably says it all. Likewise I'll probably just wait to see if she texts me, but she did seem rather "proper" in the dating sense, so I'm really not sure what the next move is..

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
the_stig said:
Normally I can tell within seconds if a girl digs me or not, but this one has me for a loop.

Met up with an HB8 (27) from POF last night, I'm the first guy she's met, looked 2x better than her pics, a real treat from the usual letdown. I blew through my usual one hour first date time limit because the conversation flowed without a single hiccup, really excellent chemistry, sitting close, had a few moments where our eyes locked and it felt like we wanted to jump each other. I employed kino, but she only responded once or twice by touching my shoulder.

After 3 hours I told her I better get some sleep. We joked at our cars for a minute, hugged, but she didn't seem interested in a kiss, so I jokingly said "no kissing on the first date huh?" to which she said nope, I'm G rated, remember? That's an inside joke, when we first started texting, she randomly told me her friend said her texting was too G rated, and she needed to have more sex. I said Yup everyone needs good sex, and she bluntly came back with "but you need to ask me out for a drink first so I know you aren't a serial killer".

Not sure where I stand here, but the lack of kiss probably says it all. Likewise I'll probably just wait to see if she texts me, but she did seem rather "proper" in the dating sense, so I'm really not sure what the next move is..
You may be the first. But you can bet you won't be the last one she meets.

Not for nothing but I told another poster about the "serial killer" line. What kind of chick goes online to meet men and have drinks with them first to see if they "aren't" a serial killer? (Means I have to see if you are hot enough not to be a 'serial killer'.) As if a hot dude can't be a serial killer and wouldn't toss something in her drink. These chicks are completely full of crap.

If she thought you were drop dead gorgeous she'd never utter that BS and most likely wouldn't care regardless if you were.

I'd simply send her a text telling her to visit your place sometime to see your "moth" collection and bring a tape measure as you are needing to make some "unique" lamp shades for your basement.

No kiss usually means it's a wrap. But...then again you never know. She may surprise you and want to go out again all of a sudden or call you sometime out of the blue when the other online options don't pan out or she's gotten pump and dumped a few times.

Don't believe a word from online chicks. Just pretend you do till you possibly get a pump and dump.

The friend thing is a cover story to seem goody two shoes. Even IF her friend really told her that.

I'd be willing to bet if you were a fly in her inbox the evidence to be read would offer shocking evidence to the contrary of her claims to you.

I don't like to come off negative...but chicks who use online dating are on there for "good" reason.

Always take their words with a grain of salt and don't try to wife them up. Period. You've been warned.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
so I jokingly said "no kissing on the first date huh?" "but you need to ask me out for a drink first so I know you aren't a serial killer"
Sounds like you should have forced the issue a bit more (place fingers under chin, turn face towards you, move in). Also, that 'no kissing on the first date' line is kinda awkward IMO, you should stay away from that.