Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Troll Targetting System [Operation Troll Stomp]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
I got psycho eh. I guess when you write in complete sentences and rebuff people, you're a psycho. Well, maybe it's not that. I've debated the global warming issue for years now and I know how to control the discussion.

Don't get too upset with the psycho lol. :box:
[sarcasm]
Yes. Debating for years. That's why you know SOOOOO much about it. And you also seem to be such a good mediator in the discussion too.
[/sarcasm]

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Dude. Just quit while you're ahead. Don't turn into another DJDoomage, at least you haven't posted as much complete garbage as he has.

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
lol this is hilarious...

anybody who accuses the "IDlister"s are automatically "TrollID"ed

or anyone who speaks out against this... are "Troll Target Aquired"ed

then now you guys start talking liek you're nobles:
"You shall have faith in this group."

i bet you guys were the nerds in your youth... it explains why you need to feel superior to everyone now... and explains why you guys use such nerdy language seriously.

"oh no Michele, l'Arcangelo commited blasphemy to thy thread! He shall be condemned to the ignore list! heretic!"

you guys are losers.

the reason why the newly registered have 3+ posts per day is because they are new to the site... they post because they STILL have questions.

you people who were registered LONG time ago who are accusing people have 3-5+ posts per day... which means you've never took a break from this forum... or you have taken a break but post 30 posts per day when you are on.

you guys are dip****s. i hope you enjoy your superiority complex online... you'll never be superior to anyone in real life.
Quoted for posterity.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
Dr Beard...he has a purpose. He provides amusement in his posts, BUT HE DOESN'T FLAME. That's why he exists.
Docs no offence man but these posts, i dont see the point?
What is the point?

Flame threads can be easily avoided, passed over, or ignored.

This only glorifies the aspect of trolling.
Also even the trolls have clearly in the past given good advice in between the flame e.t.c.

there as been many banned on this site, that had some quality tips and advice and to be fair it is a shame some of them have gone, they added a new dimension to the site.

Now we could have this a nice cosy little fluffy merrygoround, care-bear type forum where people watch what they say and be-careful what they say and to whome as it is clear the troll tag can be fitted to someones idea of none conformity, not to set of standered rules.

Now instead of making threads about forum policing to comply to a persons ideal of what can and cant be posting on these forums.

I would suggest a clear indication of rules to be posted for all boards and anyone breaking those rules to be then banned.

that does not mean to be banned for posting some random rubbish that can be seen as entertaining to some and stupid to others, since it still provides amusment.

Now doc is seems clear to me your basing your ideals on bans on your own ideals of what this forum should be about! now would it not be better to simply start your own forum and be what ever you want to be on there?

Now there are people on this troll list and ID list, that for some reason you have seen it acceptable for them to be given authority, now some of the trolls, where never really that bad, or if they where it was hardly forum ban worthy, in fact some of it was ammusing, and the ones you want to police seem to have there own agenda on what to post also.

Now instead of making this a personal affair which it clearly is, there should be a set of guidlines that are stuck to and not personal motivators coming into the equation, we dont all see what you see, granted some will but that does not give them the authority to speak for the rest now does it?

And tbh i am surpised anyone as the time to really give a shi*.

Tbh about it this just seems like another pis*ing contest to me.

SmokeX

Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon said:
Docs no offence man but these posts, i dont see the point?
What is the point?

Flame threads can be easily avoided, passed over, or ignored.

This only glorifies the aspect of trolling.
Also even the trolls have clearly in the past given good advice in between the flame e.t.c.

there as been many banned on this site, that had some quality tips and advice and to be fair it is a shame some of them have gone, they added a new dimension to the site.

Now we could have this a nice cosy little fluffy merrygoround, care-bear type forum where people watch what they say and be-careful what they say and to whome as it is clear the troll tag can be fitted to someones idea of none conformity, not to set of standered rules.

Now instead of making threads about forum policing to comply to a persons ideal of what can and cant be posting on these forums.

I would suggest a clear indication of rules to be posted for all boards and anyone breaking those rules to be then banned.

that does not mean to be banned for posting some random rubbish that can be seen as entertaining to some and stupid to others, since it still provides amusment.

Now doc is seems clear to me your basing your ideals on bans on your own ideals of what this forum should be about! now would it not be better to simply start your own forum and be what ever you want to be on there?

Now there are people on this troll list and ID list, that for some reason you have seen it acceptable for them to be given authority, now some of the trolls, where never really that bad, or if they where it was hardly forum ban worthy, in fact some of it was ammusing, and the ones you want to police seem to have there own agenda on what to post also.

Now instead of making this a personal affair which it clearly is, there should be a set of guidlines that are stuck to and not personal motivators coming into the equation, we dont all see what you see, granted some will but that does not give them the authority to speak for the rest now does it?

And tbh i am surpised anyone as the time to really give a shi*.

Tbh about it this just seems like another pis*ing contest to me.
Has a good idea about guidelines, Docs I will PM you later about it, and then we make it official. Say one or 2 warnings? and Then they become a mod target?

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
You can always just ignore trolls. If they are really a troll, then they'll stop posting when they see that no one's replying.

SmokeX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kudos to you MrConfidence. But it doesn't matter to them, they will just keep randomly posting to everything and confuse people.

Hense why we should get rid of the confusion

Smoke

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
I'll explain exactly why you can't get rid of trolls.

You know why? Because trolls really aren't the problem. They are a product of something else.

The problem is that a lot of people here are needy, insecure, emotional, sensitive, etc. Not everyone that is considered a troll is really consciously a troll. They're just talking the way they always talk and people get REALLY sensitive about it.

Do you think trolls run a muck at a forum dedicated to Physics discussion? No. People that would be posting on a physics forum, are very logical, emotionless people. A troll(whether conscious or not) is poking at people trying to get an emotional response. Emotionless people just don't respond.

The power to stop trolls is about not being so emotional or sensitive or trying to validate yourself online. It's an online forum, get over it. Sometimes it's nice to rip into someone now and than, but it takes TWO TO TANGO.

I'm going to use lookyoung as an example. It's just an example, don't get so sensitive.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119659

Take a look at my first comment in the thread that sends lookyoung over the edge. He does a nice background check on me and starts flaming me about it. He's just so needy and defensive. He believes I'm a big loser, yet he needs to defend himself from me accurately quoting him.

Some people just need to mellow out and cool down. It's an ONLINE FORUM. You don't know me, I don't know you. Who cares? If you want to not be an emotional tampon needy insecure sensitive loser, this might be your first step to practice not being one here.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I have read the replies (and John, that's the longest post I've seen from you!!! (Why did you NegRep my Clubbing Pack anyways?)

Errm, let me restress the point of this. It's to;
1. Collect evidence of trolling posts. A known troll, DJDoomage, had many of his threads IDed.
2. Mark said member as a troll. Doesn't necessally mean he is a troll. Trolls are marked by majority. If everyone thinks he's a troll, he's a troll. If one of us thinks he's a troll, we laugh in their face.
3. Used properly, the system is unbreached by trolls. Trolls can't fight back, the more they post garbage, or the more they counter-ID, the more they get IDed.
4. Conclusively, every ID serves as a easy way to search. Type in Troll Target Acquired in the search bar up there.

5. With a list of growing participants (both edited by myself and Mods (Because I'm just a poster), we build a list of good IDers (posters that don't ID non-trolls without a reason).
6. Constant feedback is necessary here, both for awareness (linking), and so everyone can examine the IDed post and determine if the 'troll' is a troll, and if not, I'm sure someone will pipe up and say 'Bob false IDed that guy, take him off the list'.

Comprehende?
----
Discussing Ind. Points..
Forum Guidelines: That is the ADMINISTRATOR'S Job to do. There wouldn't be a requirement for the system, if mods could ban posting, or posters. Temp bans, limited posting access, they DO NOT HAVE THAT POWER. ONLY ONE person has that power, and that is Allen. Point in case, we're taking control.

Validation is not the point. This isn't about squishing the most trolls, being the control freak, or the guy to not piss off, it's a team effort to do this. A lack of the highest leadership has created a enviroment positive to Trolls. Mods don't have to power to do anything, BUT, if the vast Majority of the forum pulls together into the system and uses it, the effect a Troll has is destroyed. That is the purpose of the idea.

Discuss.

Reaction score
Docs said:
I have read the replies (and John, that's the longest post I've seen from you!!! (Why did you NegRep my Clubbing Pack anyways?)

Errm, let me restress the point of this. It's to;
1. Collect evidence of trolling posts. A known troll, DJDoomage, had many of his threads IDed.
2. Mark said member as a troll. Doesn't necessally mean he is a troll. Trolls are marked by majority. If everyone thinks he's a troll, he's a troll. If one of us thinks he's a troll, we laugh in their face.
3. Used properly, the system is unbreached by trolls. Trolls can't fight back, the more they post garbage, or the more they counter-ID, the more they get IDed.
4. Conclusively, every ID serves as a easy way to search. Type in Troll Target Acquired in the search bar up there.

5. With a list of growing participants (both edited by myself and Mods (Because I'm just a poster), we build a list of good IDers (posters that don't ID non-trolls without a reason).
6. Constant feedback is necessary here, both for awareness (linking), and so everyone can examine the IDed post and determine if the 'troll' is a troll, and if not, I'm sure someone will pipe up and say 'Bob false IDed that guy, take him off the list'.

Comprehende?
----
Discussing Ind. Points..
Forum Guidelines: That is the ADMINISTRATOR'S Job to do. There wouldn't be a requirement for the system, if mods could ban posting, or posters. Temp bans, limited posting access, they DO NOT HAVE THAT POWER. ONLY ONE person has that power, and that is Allen. Point in case, we're taking control.

Validation is not the point. This isn't about squishing the most trolls, being the control freak, or the guy to not piss off, it's a team effort to do this. A lack of the highest leadership has created a enviroment positive to Trolls. Mods don't have to power to do anything, BUT, if the vast Majority of the forum pulls together into the system and uses it, the effect a Troll has is destroyed. That is the purpose of the idea.

Discuss.
I love self elected officials. Who have no official capacity. Yet they attempt to take power simply by saying they are in charge. The greatest injustice would be to give this group some authority. Let the mods do what they do, and stop worrying about banning all these "trolls". Besides the fact that I think banning them is not going to solve the problem. I think trolls are like hydra, cut off one head and 2 grow back. I think someone else had it right, trolls thrive on attention the best way to kill a troll is to not give it any fuel. Sure they will thrash around (verbally) for a bit, but eventually when they aren't causing the destruction they will move on.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Umm, hey Docs, isn't there already a report bad post button? And wouldn't Allen & mods pay more attention to reports from long time users already?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Sacratus, consider this. Why did a civil war break out in the United States? Because Southerners and Northerners got pissed off at each other for the treatment of people. Who lead that uprising. People, not official leaders, lead that. What did it create. It created equality, a change in power. fairness and a change in the quality of life.

What does that translate to here: It doesn't matter WHO takes charge, hell, you could of thought of the idea just as anyone else. This forum needs change, and it needs a majority force to create change. Majority IMPLIES a lot of posters, not just who you deem self-elected. I can't change this forum, and sure, I could run this system as a self-contained entity, but what would it accomplish. Nothing. Now, if 10% of the forum used the system, that's a LOT of posters to be using a system. Considering 10% is more then a few bad apples (in your opinion of course, everyone is entitled to one), it represents a relatively equal distribution of high ranking posts, low ranking posts, good posters, bad posters, etc.

This power, now extended to the people, now has the power to knock out trolls. What else can be gained from this. 10% of the population now has voting power, and that puts a lot of pressure up above to do things, because if 10% is willing to leave and stop contributing because of the way things are run here, then well, if I was Allen, I wouldn't turn a blind eye to that.

-- Phyzzle. Yes, there is. It is a good tool, but it's a closed system. This provides Awareness.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Sacratus, consider this. Why did a civil war break out in the United States? Because Southerners and Northerners got pissed off at each other for the treatment of people.
ahhh, you might want to recheck your history notes.

Anyway. It's a noble idea, but it won't work because people are just too sensitive and insecure. I've been on forums where they cracked down on the so called "trolls" and when the trolls are gone, did all the flaming bull**** end? No. The sensitive and insecure people found something else to get upset over.

Well, good luck.

Reaction score
Docs said:
Sacratus, consider this. Why did a civil war break out in the United States? Because Southerners and Northerners got pissed off at each other for the treatment of people. Who lead that uprising. People, not official leaders, lead that. What did it create. It created equality, a change in power. fairness and a change in the quality of life.
Civil war broke out because the South wanted to expand the rules of slavery, and the North did not. Also the South wanted to secede and form their own government, which the federal government said they could not do. The two main differences between your argument and the one in the forums are.

You are arguing that people jumped up and took power. Which resulted in many deaths, destruction, and hostility. In the end, they did not secede and form their own government, the only thing that they accomplished was wasting thousands of people's lives. Those who jump up to claim power, more often than not screw things up for the country, because when you take the power you are more like a dictator. Not saying you would be, but I disagree with how you guys are going about this.

The second point is, the South was denied their right to secede. But you and your friends are more than welcome to form your own board and invite others to it, you can be the captains, generals, and lieutenants of that forum. You are free to do as you please.

This provides Awareness.
Awareness for whom? How constructive is this? Docs, I know you're trying to help, but I don't think this is the way to go about this.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
Sacratus, consider this. Why did a civil war break out in the United States?
Dispute over import/export tariffs and other economic issues. Money, like always. Then Lincoln tied slavery to the dispute to gain popular support and moral high ground, like any great politician.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Dispute over import/export tariffs and other economic issues. Money, like always. Then Lincoln tied slavery to the dispute to gain popular support and moral high ground, like any great politician.

Hitting the report post button has been working. This particular effort seems a little cumbersome and this thread has become a playground for several trolls.

I'm glad you are concerned about trolls because we all are. Just hit the report post button. Use the description of the problem box. We read reported posts.

If it looks trollish we look at all of the users previous posts and take the appropiate action.

Don't cry because I am closing this thread. Just be vigilant.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.