Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Trees" in the Club [Rant]

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a night club last Saturday night (suprise suprise) and I encountered the one thing that pisses me off the most when ever I go to a club. F*ucking trees! Trees are what I call guys who go to clubs specifically for the purpose of going to the dance floor and STAND STILL. I was in Studio 54 and it was absolutly packed. Unfortunately there were more trees in there then there are currently left in the rain forrest about the globe. I hate it when space on a DANCE floor is taken up by people who should by all means be at the bar or in the lounge where there are pleanty of good looking girls who are also standing and can be viewed by people doing the same. Some trees are also lurkers who stand still, look for the nearest warm body and start grinding away...cut that sh*t out! No girl EVER likes a guy who is solely interested in grinding and displays no real dance abilities. I was dancing in front of near sevearl girls who were alone and they were litterally attacked by frantic/desperate guys who couldn't even grind with the beat... come on how hard is that? It's two freakin steps!!

Anyway it was still a good night for me, I pulled 3 numbers, had my number asked for twice and Turned down 4 or 5 offers put before me. Still I'm in the club to have FUN before anything else. Trees irritate me like no other!

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was there on business last halloween (going back middle of this month) studio 54 rocks, actually vegas f'in rocks....there was also a fun rap/techno lounge at the venetian i remember (vaguely). Sorry for the rant, in terms of "trees" (like the coinage) I think dorks in the club give me that extra bit of confidence to turn up the dial....anytime they're with a chick you can steal her away or just jump into conversation...they can be used as anti-social proof to your benefit

vegas baby.....

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prmoon, i know exactly what you are talking about man, i usually go to clubs for the main purpose : DANCE AND HAVE FUN. and when i start dancing with girls, i dont think" OH MY GOD, a girl! dancing with me! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!" i just dance and if i like her i ask her for a number, if not, i move on.
Last firday the club here in MN was packed. and guess what, 40% were Trees. i just dont understand that. i hate idiots who dont dance and dont let you..... and since i like breakdancing also, there is no way in hell i could have had any room at all :)

On saturday night i went out to a diff club, and pretty much danced away by myself. i was dancing, talking to bartender (mmm, cutie) and girls in cages.

Hey, have you ever noticed how girls basically STARE at you after a while, because you just dance by them and you have this "i dont need a girl to have fun, i am making my own fun" attitude. I love catching girls watching me, then dancing up to them...and dancingm pass them;)

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide, YES, you know exactly what i'm talking about. If more guys would focus on dancing instead of finding the nearest warm body, they'd have more fun and meet more girls in the process. Girls definately stare more when you're into dancing and having fun and not as much into looking for a free lap dance.

Hell yeah I do some breaking too but not in the mainstream clubs like Rain, Risque, or Venus. More often I'll break in local clubs like RKO, Dre's or Hurricane Harry's. They have better wood floors and usually you don't have to wear your nicer gear to get in there.

vectorz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and if there were less tress yet more guys who are dancing great and picking up all the chicks, you'd be complaining that there's TOO much competition. C'mon stop whining you little baby.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not true at all. Like I said I'm in the club to have fun and dance. It's way more fun to circle dance with a group of guys then have the same number of guys stading still and trying to move yourself and them because their fixated on some chic. I'd much rather deal with the stiff competition then try to fight my way throuh a sea of stagnent bodies.

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PR i also call them pylons too...what they usually consist of is a bunch of drunk F*ckups who wander out on the floor and get excited if a girl bumps into their hog..then theyll grab the girl and try to basically impgregnate her through their clothes...those ppl piss me off..if you dont wanna dance..then get the F*ck off the floor.

Peace

voodoolover

Don Juan
Reaction score
A good tactic for dealing with trees is as follows:

Headbutt your way to the nearest clearing.

Then dance.

oskiano

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting...

I was in Rain at the Palms on Thursday and Friday (but I stayed at MGM incidentally). A lot of 'trees' as you say. But also a lot of dumb broads who like tall guys. Hey, maybe they do that because it works?

Personally, I'm 5'8" and average looking, and I'm personally more effective at a place like Tabu for example.

I find it hard to do any good DJ work in a loud place like a nightclub, but maybe that's because I don't attract girls with just physicality. Gets kinda humiliating actually. Does this ring true with anyone?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** how tall you are, my friend is 5"4 and he gets his grind on very often.

and vectorz, no offence man but you havent been to a club with me or PR, so dont say anything.
When i see guys who are there to dance and they just go wild and do funny **** , do i whine about it? HELL NO. i walk over and dance with them, then i look at what moves i can learn so i can use them. ON sat i was dancing with 3 guys dressed up in ****ed up shirts (they were there to have fun just liek me) so i introudced myself and we went on dancing with 3 girls. it was fun

then 2 black guys were just doing funny stuff like moon walks so i walked over and started doing stuff with them.
It's not about competition. If i saw PR in a club i would notice that he is here to have fun, so id walk over and introduce myself, then we'd pick up some girls easily with out "i dont give a **** abotu girls i am here to dance attitude" and we'd get laid

Rock on bro.

a_client

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah man you guys mean I piss you off with my standing in the middle of the dance floor drinking my beer and laughing at the Saturday Night Dance Fever thats going on in the club.
Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-4ze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your definition of "trees" = my definition of "wallflowers"

Wallflower - A decoration on the wall, brought to the room for the sole purpose of looking lifeless, but at the same time looking pretty.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont find black guys standing against walls looking dumb pretty.;)

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mega Bump!

I still hate these guys. If you can't dance don't go to clubs for a cheap lapdance. Just sad:down:

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God I can't stand that crap either!

Good name for them, PRMoon! This weekend in your honour, I am going to do something about them. I will be sure to yell out "timber!" when I do it!

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
I was in a night club last Saturday night (suprise suprise) and I encountered the one thing that pisses me off the most when ever I go to a club. F*ucking trees! Trees are what I call guys who go to clubs specifically for the purpose of going to the dance floor and STAND STILL. I was in Studio 54 and it was absolutly packed. Unfortunately there were more trees in there then there are currently left in the rain forrest about the globe. I hate it when space on a DANCE floor is taken up by people who should by all means be at the bar or in the lounge where there are pleanty of good looking girls who are also standing and can be viewed by people doing the same. Some trees are also lurkers who stand still, look for the nearest warm body and start grinding away...cut that sh*t out! No girl EVER likes a guy who is solely interested in grinding and displays no real dance abilities. I was dancing in front of near sevearl girls who were alone and they were litterally attacked by frantic/desperate guys who couldn't even grind with the beat... come on how hard is that? It's two freakin steps!!

Anyway it was still a good night for me, I pulled 3 numbers, had my number asked for twice and Turned down 4 or 5 offers put before me. Still I'm in the club to have FUN before anything else. Trees irritate me like no other!
Get a chainsaw.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well reading this thread has encuraged me to learn how to dance. I never been to a club, i am 21 and 6'5 if that matters. Whats a good way to learn how to dance so i dont look like an idiot. I was thinking of joining a dance class in my college but they mostly do salsa kind of dances and obviously not many clubs do salsa and old style dancing. So is there any videos that can teach me how to do club kind of dancing. something simple. If you know please PM me because i am not sure if i will see this thread again...